Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Just like I've always suspected

So, as predicted, the snow has caused havoc all over the UK Blocked roads, stranded vehicles, trains and buses not running, power cuts, schools closed, and it's going to get worse apparently, with more snow forecast over the next few days. Yet there are some areas that haven't had any at all

I'm staying home and ignoring it all
    We haven't had any snow here Well, a few flakes, but so teeny tiny and gone so fast that it barely counts I keep seeing pictures everywhere showing places under inches and inches of the stuff, but here it's just plain cold

Hmmm. I'd have a lot to catch up with if I get hooked then

Oma has offered me her boxsets...........

Speaking of Oma, I swear she's telepathic. Either that or she has a crystal ball that tells her when I'm going to start slipping back into the mire of depair Don't get me wrong, mostly I'm ok and life just goes on, but now and then I get a little lost.

I didn't sleep well last night and was feeling all tearful and lonely this morning. Then a little parcel dropped through my door. I opened it to find a card from Oma and a CD of Joe McElderry singing 'The Climb'. I love that song, it's so full of hope, and it really gave me a lift That's the second time I've had the perfect message from her *huggles Oma*
    Aww *huggles Oma for her awesomeness*
    And *huggles Jumble too*
    *huggles everyone else so they don't feel left out*
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      We haven't had any snow here Well, a few flakes, but so teeny tiny and gone so fast that it barely counts I keep seeing pictures everywhere showing places under inches and inches of the stuff, but here it's just plain cold
      I'd happily send you some of mine, it's about a foot deep here

Aww *huggles Oma for her awesomeness*
      And *huggles Jumble too*
      *huggles everyone else so they don't feel left out*
      *huggles Josiane* You're all really awesome, I really don't know what I wood have done without your support

Aaaaand to cheer things up........

Comment

Aw... *huggles Awesome Oma too*

I love the Miley Cyrus version of that song. Not heard Joe's version yet... oops there's You Tube...aaah he sings it well. What a sweet lad. Can I mother him now.

I must confess...

Spoiler:

the rebel in me is sort of in the Rage Against The Machine for Christmas no.1 camp, just because I have happy memories of having my Doc Marten clad feet stomped all over while thrashing about to it at the Flamingo back in the day... and also because I'd quite like to see the smug smile wiped off Simon Cowell's overly botoxed face for once.
        I wish they'd picked a more seasonal song for the campaign though - something I can actually play in front of a child would be good!

But I think it'll be Joe for No. 1 and best of luck to him; he thoroughly deserves his success.

*huggles Josi for being awesome too*

And *huggles Jumble just because.*

I was about to say The Dance by Garth Brooks is another one of those songs that gets you right there but... just gone off for a listen and ended up crying myself. Perhaps not the desired effect, hmm!

*stares and Martin pics and cheers up considerably*

We only got about two inches of snow here in the end. I did, however, have just enough to have a brief but furious snowball fight during which I accidently ended up pelting poor Benjabubs smack in the face... Cruel mummy! He laughed though!
        sigpic

Comment

*huggles Josi for no snow*
          *huggles Jumble for feeling a bit down earlier*
          *huggles Cags for only 2 inches of snow*
          *huggles Oma for awesomeness*
          *huggles everyone else just because*
          sigpic

Comment

*huggles Cags*
            *huggles Jann*
            I'm feeling very huggly today
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Huggles are good. Me likes huggles.

*spreads the huggles*

*goes back to shipmas project*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                Aw... *huggles Awesome Oma too*
                I love the Miley Cyrus version of that song. Not heard Joe's version yet... oops there's You Tube...aaah he sings it well. What a sweet lad. Can I mother him now.
                I only recently heard the song (I know, I know, I'm so out of the loop ) but I do prefer Joe's version now It just makes me smile, you know... there's always gonna be another mountain, I'm always gonna want to make it move..... story of my life The lyrics are definitely inspiring, it's a real spine straightener

I must confess...

Spoiler:

the rebel in me is sort of in the Rage Against The Machine for Christmas no.1 camp, just because I have happy memories of having my Doc Marten clad feet stomped all over while thrashing about to it at the Flamingo back in the day... and also because I'd quite like to see the smug smile wiped off Simon Cowell's overly botoxed face for once.
                I wish they'd picked a more seasonal song for the campaign though - something I can actually play in front of a child would be good!

But I think it'll be Joe for No. 1 and best of luck to him; he thoroughly deserves his success.
                RAtM? Haven't heard it

*huggles Josi for being awesome too*

And *huggles Jumble just because.*

I was about to say The Dance by Garth Brooks is another one of those songs that gets you right there but... just gone off for a listen and ended up crying myself. Perhaps not the desired effect, hmm!
                Dare I listen? I find I can't listen to a lot of songs lately, I don't need a reason to cry

*stares and Martin pics and cheers up considerably*

Works for me too

We only got about two inches of snow here in the end. I did, however, have just enough to have a brief but furious snowball fight during which I accidently ended up pelting poor Benjabubs smack in the face... Cruel mummy! He laughed though!
                *looks out of window at more snow falling* What? Have I got everybody's share?

Are we ever going to find a sig rotator that works for more than a couple of weeks? ImageRotate is gone, Clintonio is more off than on, and now signavatar has died too Oh well, I'll just stick with Bree's Jumble Bells one for now

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                  Hehehe - Joe loves Pukkie and Jann
                  ROFL!
                  Yeah, I do think Dutch wood make an awesome alien language.
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*feels alone and jumps on the couch*
                    *...and WooHoos' beds*

I could make somethng for Shipmas. Or Martinmas.
                    Mojo? MoooJooo?
                    *looks around*
                    MooooowJoooooow?
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      *...and WooHoos' beds*

Mojo? MoooJooo?
                      *looks around*
                      MooooowJoooooow?
                      Attention seeking Pukkie? You do know that if you hurt yourself again you won't get any sympathy? Tough love

Comment

*collapses into thread* Christmas shopping with two kids SUCKS!
                        sigpic

Comment

Attention seeking Pukkie? You do know that if you hurt yourself again you won't get any sympathy? Tough love
                          No. I just want people to look at me.
                          *blinks*

And owwies aren't fun. I'll cry

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                          Aww! *hugs*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                            Isn't that why the God of shopping created the internet?

EDIT: Actually, taken from my very own Facebook not a couple of weeks ago:

When your are having one of those "some women don't deserve their kids" conversations with a friend, and she tells you about the time a friend of a friend of theirs saw this absolutely awful woman literally dragging her toddler child around a shop by his reins, on his tummy whilst he screamed and she alternated between threatening to leave him there and handing him in to the nearest police station... *sigh*I was that woman.

So I do go out and actually really shop sometimes and now have to on Monday of all days because hubby hasn't got his son's pressies yet.

*joins Pukkie in couch jumping* Just coz!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              *...and WooHoos' beds*

Mojo? MoooJooo?
                              *looks around*
                              MooooowJoooooow?
                              My bed!!! Don't go near it...I mean...I need the bed in one piece!
                              sigpic

Comment

*blinks*
                                ...This Pukkie thing is sticking isn't it?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X