The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quickie. *goes off to watch bushfire telethon*

Last edited by humanityspotential; 12 February 2009, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Love the wallies Jann and Padme.

Welcome in the world of GimPS Lara.

Thanks for the tut Estrela.

Awesome siggies Rose and HP.
      sigpic

Comment

*applauds Estrela* Great tut, well done I learned something new from it too - at least if I've understood it correctly I have

You used black for all your brushes right? And then when you used the black/white gradient map on exclusion, it took out the black and left just the pretty colours behind?

I'm gonna play with that

HP - love the Sparks sig Fab background and text!

Jann - love the wp Very cute

*looks round for Seahen* *cough* service dress not dress blues *cough*

Rose - rofl at the gutter sig, brilliant, and beautful

Lara - It's great that you've joined us Go ahead and post it all here too Perhaps we can give you tips on how to improve

In the pic you posted, you've done a really great job of cutting out Sam & Jack to put in the pic - I can't believe you've done so well without knowing much about Gimp

If you want a smoother edge, you can open the Toolbox (Tools>Toolbox) so when you click on the Free Select Tool, it shows the different settings. Tick the feathering box, set the radius to around 5 or 6 and it'll smooth out the edges when you cut out. To get a more blended look, use a higher number on the radius.
        Last edited by Oma-1; 12 February 2009, 01:09 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Love the wp Padme
          Estrela great tut Thanks!
          Rose awesome sig Gutter! Squee!
          HP lovely sig

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
          Jann - love the wp Very cute

*looks round for Seahen* *cough* service dress not dress blues *cough*
          Don't tell her Kinda forgot that for a sec*adjusts halo*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by humanityspotential View Post
            I have seen Muse five times. They are the best live act ever!! Matt Bellamy may be small but the guy goes off!! You HAVE to see them live!!

BTW I'm loving all your sigs. They are beautiful. How do you get the inspiration to makes so many??

Edit - Starlover that poster is AMAZING!!
            Must. Go. And. See. Them.

I dunno, but I seem to be significantly lacking in inspiration lately - I've gone from 5 sigs per day to 3!

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
            Whoo hoo! My first tut.

I work with Photoshop CS3 and here is the tutorial for this signature:]http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/estrela4ja/simplicity.jpg

This sig started as a challenge to myself to see if I could just pick 2 random caps from a random episode and make a signature out of it.

Spoiler:

<snip>
            It's gorgeous, thanks!

Originally posted by hbt123 View Post
            *jumps up and down* So good! I must do a sig of the pic on the right...

Originally posted by madaline_7 View Post
            and Lili... I had to laugh at your sig. Heart it though.
            Was that the Elliot one? I did it cos she's so like me... Not sure whether that's good or bad though...

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/s...parks3copy.jpg
            So gorgeous! Can you post the textures?
            ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

New siggie.

I'm not too happy with the text. I hate it when I can't find the right quote to go with something . It's not very clear either but after 30 layers I didn't have it in me to go back and try to fix it. .... maybe another day... or year.
              sigpic

Comment

Lili - You call 3 sigs per day lacking inspriation? I struggle sometimes to make 1 a week

You could even say I'm on a roll this weeks cos I've made 2

Edit: Jas, it's gorgeous!!!!! *jaw drops*
                sigpic

Comment

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/s...parks3copy.jpg
                  Whoa! Nice! They look like 2 halves of the same person.

*applauds Estrela* Great tut, well done I learned something new from it too - at least if I've understood it correctly I have

You used black for all your brushes right? And then when you used the black/white gradient map on exclusion, it took out the black and left just the pretty colours behind?

I'm gonna play with that
                  Hmmm, not really. I think the color got applied when I added the cap with blend mode=Color above the brush layers in black. More color was added with the gradient too. The black and white layer on exclusion just toned down the overall color.

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
                  I dunno, but I seem to be significantly lacking in inspiration lately - I've gone from 5 sigs per day to 3!
                  There are times when I wished I could find the inspiration to do 3 sigs in a month. Right now I can't find any inspiration for this week's challenge. Can I borrow your muse?

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                  New siggie.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...otoshop/85.jpg

I'm not too happy with the text. I hate it when I can't find the right quote to go with something . It's not very clear either but after 30 layers I didn't have it in me to go back and try to fix it. .... maybe another day... or year.
                  So very pretty! I really like it. Finding the right text is always hard but you've really picked a great quote for this.
                  sigpic

Comment

New siggie.

Awesome. I love it...and the text is very good..poetic!

EDIT: As for 3 sigs a day. That's a lot...I don't even have the time for that. I think if I make one thing a week it's a lot...or just get one/two evenings in the week to open PS I'm happy!
                    sigpic

Comment

Lili - You call 3 sigs per day lacking inspriation? I struggle sometimes to make 1 a week

You could even say I'm on a roll this weeks cos I've made 2

Edit: Jas, it's gorgeous!!!!! *jaw drops*
                      Yeah, I'd have to agree with you Oma. I either don't have the time to make any or am not inspired.

Glad everyone loved the wallie.
                      Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

I see HS and I had some inspiration with the same pics I'd blended each 'dark' side of their faces together (after flipping one of the images) and was creeped out so decided not to do it that way. LOL!

I did this for my LJ, we'll see if I can now figure out if I like it there.

sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

New siggie.

I second what Oma said! *jaw drop* And the text is perfect - goes well with the mood of the sig and the archaic, mythological theme

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                          There are times when I wished I could find the inspiration to do 3 sigs in a month. Right now I can't find any inspiration for this week's challenge. Can I borrow your muse?
                          for this.
                          Sure, I'll send Tesla over!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                            It'll be addicting, Lara! I've learned a lot here in just a short amount of time. Even though I had no plans to make sigs and such.
                            Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            EDIT: Lara loved your thing Soon..you'll be addicted...mwahahaha
                            What do ya mean addicted *whistles innocently* gazes at her new art-ies. I did these with PB (I didn't even know you could with PB) *stares at all the icons, buttons and menus of Gimp*

If I manage to be able to post arties as beautiful as what you guys make at the next Shipday, I'll be more than happy! *pays very good attention to the tuts and art posted*

starlover Your wallies *grins* Wall-E *shakes head* are bad for my health! You should post a warning before letting me watch that. Jack in uniform *drools*

Estrela, I don't have a clue yet when it comes to tuts but it must've taken aaaaages to make that one! Sweet.

Lara - It's great that you've joined us Go ahead and post it all here too Perhaps we can give you tips on how to improve

In the pic you posted, you've done a really great job of cutting out Sam & Jack to put in the pic - I can't believe you've done so well without knowing much about Gimp

If you want a smoother edge, you can open the Toolbox (Tools>Toolbox) so when you click on the Free Select Tool, it shows the different settings. Tick the feathering box, set the radius to around 5 or 6 and it'll smooth out the edges when you cut out. To get a more blended look, use a higher number on the radius.
                            Oh thank you Oma!!! Got it. I have a feeling I'm going to like spending time here

New siggie.

30 layers??? *mouth drops to floor* Ooh a unicorn/Pegasus. I love that sig!

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                            I see HS and I had some inspiration with the same pics I'd blended each 'dark' side of their faces together (after flipping one of the images) and was creeped out so decided not to do it that way. LOL!

I did this for my LJ, we'll see if I can now figure out if I like it there.
                            http://www.geocities.com/maegovannen...s/LJBanner.jpg
                            Wow! You should definitely put it up there.

*back to staring at Jack in uniform*

My best friend had a shirt on with the quote I used in the piccie below and immediately though of Jack. Stargate is a virus I tell ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Lara_SGC View Post

*back to staring at Jack in uniform*

My best friend had a shirt on with the quote I used in the piccie below and immediately though of Jack. Stargate is a virus I tell ya!

*goes back to staring at Jack in uniform with a little Jack in leather on the side*

Hah, cute saying but I like my Jack a little not perfect . . .
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Made this:

Comment

Working...
                                X