No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Oma! *hugs* I have an account now, but my computer is very sick and doesn't like PB for some reason. But which sig do you think is best?! I need to know which one to put on rotate and submit for the awards.
    ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

I think I might be alittle dense or something, but what is the difference between the submissions period and the nomination period?

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
        Ok, so I can't decide between these two versions of a sig I just made. Help!

Version One:
        [ATTACH]7605[/ATTACH]

Version Two:
        [ATTACH]7606[/ATTACH]
        I like the first one.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Egle!

Ok, let's see if this works.

EDIT: WOOOHOOO!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
            *coughs*

*clears throat*

*taps microphone*

*eyeballs GimPS to make sure they're all listening*

*eyes Sarai nervously*

Can I have everyone's attention please?

*that should do the trick *

Sarai came up with an awesomely and incredibly fantastic idea to celebrate the 1st Anniversary of our Artwork Thread coming up in April. She roped me in cos she thinks I'm organised But I digress, so.....

Announcing the

All the details and rules are on the thread

The important bit for right now, get out your WPs, Icons, Sigs, Banners that you've made since this thread started, and post 'em all over there
            What an awesome, awesome idea!!! *bows down to Oma and Sarai* This is going to be soooo much fun! But how on earth we're going to decide who/what's best out of all the amazing things we've produced just sounds incredibly daunting I'll head on over and post my things too later on tonight

Back to today's artwork, nice sigs Jenn and Lili Lili, with your one with the two versions, I think I prefer the one with the two little pictures offset, rather than one on top of the other
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Speaking as an artworker who usually does angst - to me they are all fluff!
              I'd agree

Comment

Lili I agree with Egle I'd say the first one, because the curvy line follows the pic of Jack

Edit: yey for your PB account!
                sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Ok, let's see if this works.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v...ork/POVsig.jpg

EDIT: WOOOHOOO!!!!!
                  Yay for PB!

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                  I'd agree
                  I posted them as fluff.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
                    I think I might be alittle dense or something, but what is the difference between the submissions period and the nomination period?
                    As I understand it

The Submissions period is the time we have to post all our stuff on the Awards thread.

The Nominations period is when we all decide which of our own or other people's stuff we want to nominate for awards.

Then you get the Voting period when we all cast our votes on the nominated artwork.

Does that help?

Comment

I submitted some icons, but I'm having a hard time with sigs. And I haven't even looked through WPs yet. *sigh*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
                        *hugs* You're not dense

Submissions - is for us to post all the artwork we want to enter or the Family to see.

Nominations - is for people to nominate the stuff to be voted on, kinda like making a short list.

Then the voting - is to get the favourite one in each category.

The reason for the submissions thing is so that all our artwork can be in one place for people to nominate, rather than thinking "Ooooh, I loved that thunky sig with Jack...but I can't remember who made it...." we can go "Ooooh, there's that thunk sig with Jack that I love so much!"

It also gives the Family a chance to get involved too

Edit: too slow at typing today
                        Last edited by Oma-1; 15 January 2009, 09:34 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I really don't know where to start

Comment

Lili... I like #2 as well!

Edit: Jumble... I know what you mean. not that I have that much... but still. LOL
                            Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
                            You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                              I really don't know where to start
                              I knew I wanted to submit one specific icon, and just grabbed a few others from pb while I as at it. I think I'm giving myself a huge inferiority complex...
                              sigpic

Comment

*smile*

I've posted mine. But there are quite a few... And looking at them I can see how bad I was! Oh dear, and I thought I was good....

Comment

Working...
                                X