The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    I'm trying to keep my mind off of RL today, so I hope Padme doesn't mind that i made something from that pic, too...

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...rk/longing.jpg
    Of course not it's gorgeous!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    OK, this may sound dumb, but have you tried saving and then closing and reopening gimp/PS? It may just be having a funny 5 minutes
    I'll try that. I might have to come back to it tomorrow. I have to make Brownies. I keep getting orders for them and I need to make them before I go back to school on Sunday.
    Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Jos, it worked. Thanks for the idea.
      Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
        *coughs*

*clears throat*

*taps microphone*

*eyeballs GimPS to make sure they're all listening*

*eyes Sarai nervously*

Can I have everyone's attention please?

*that should do the trick *

Sarai came up with an awesomely and incredibly fantastic idea to celebrate the 1st Anniversary of our Artwork Thread coming up in April. She roped me in cos she thinks I'm organised But I digress, so.....

Announcing the

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Tempbanner.jpg
        click banner for link to Awards Thread[/CENTER]

All the details and rules are on the thread

The important bit for right now, get out your WPs, Icons, Sigs, Banners that you've made since this thread started, and post 'em all over there
        Just saw that post on the S/J thread. Great idea! *hugs Oma and Sarai* That'll be so much fun! I don't know how i'll choose between all those awesome artworks

Jas, 1000 icons!!! That's a lot! Don't have much to post though, haven't got much artworks
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
          New wallie, before I start going through all the old stuff. (cause that's gonna take a while )

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...h_2135703c.jpg

Oooooh, pretty

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          The Awards banner looks so cool.

I still don't know what am I going to post to compare my skills back when I started using PS and now. Looks like the first thing I posted here was the Daniel/Sha're sig.
          That's fine, it's doesn't have to be only S/J stuff. We do all sorts in here, so feel to use anything

LJ - Pretty new sig, i really love the font, and the Sam pic looks great with the texture you've used

Forgot to say, I've made the changes to the Awards rules that were suggested.

* Categories changed to Best Angsty Art etc instead of WP, Sig and Icon
          * Deleted Best Use of Brushes and added Best Thunk Art instead

We've had a request to look at the date for the Awards evening. I know it's kinda early to tell yet, but does anyone have a preference for Saturday 18 or Sunday 19 April?
          Last edited by Oma-1; 15 January 2009, 12:18 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
            Jos, it worked. Thanks for the idea.
            You're welcome It's always worth a try!
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Lovely new artwork( Jas your wp was amazing!)

And erm...I should remind myself not to PS when I have other things to do...certainly not when you are searching for over an hour to find the right pic...to in the end change the whole thing you are working on(and not use that pic)

Ah well...I made this

*runs scared out*
              sigpic

Comment

The sig looks awesome Jann I really love that pic of Sam on the right. It has great shading.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                  LJ - Pretty new sig, i really love the font, and the Sam pic looks great with the texture you've used

Forgot to say, I've made the changes to the Awards rules that were suggested.

* Categories changed to Best Angsty Art etc instead of WP, Sig and Icon
                  * Deleted Best Use of Brushes and added Best Thunk Art instead

We've had a request to look at the date for the Awards evening. I know it's kinda early to tell yet, but does anyone have a preference for Saturday 18 or Sunday 19 April?
                  Thanks, Oma. I'm not wild about how Jack turned out, but the Sam part is good.

Ummmmm....April....if it's evening, I'd rather have Sunday the 19th, since I work Saturday evenings.
                  sigpic

Comment

*pleads for not April 19th* - about the one day in April I can't do Although if it was the 19th but a bit later in the evening (9pm or so) I might just about be back in time... But not to worry about changing it if it's only me that has a problem with that date!

Jann why scared about that sig? It's gorgeous! And did I say how fabulous Jas's wp is? Because it is
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the comments Jas and Jos...changed the coloring a bit...which one is better(the previously posted or this one?!?! )

And Jos I was scared coz I am unsure about the coloring...and text
                      sigpic

Comment

Oooh I like the new colouring I think the second one is better
                        sigpic

Comment

This sounds like a great idea!! But I had a thought: Except for the most improved entries, wouldn't it be easier to just post all of the artwork we want submitted and then it can all be nominated to categories during the submission period? That's how all the fic awards I've seen have been. That way if someone thinks a sig would be good for a category, they can just nominate it, rather than us saying what we want it to go for. Because some people might have different ideas about where our art would fit in category wise.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

The second version looks great Jann, but I liked the first one better. I think it's because it's slightly darker.
                            sigpic

Comment

I like the colouring a little better on the second one, but the text was easier to read on the first

Are you sorry you asked for opinions now?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                                This sounds like a great idea!! But I had a thought: Except for the most improved entries, wouldn't it be easier to just post all of the artwork we want submitted and then it can all be nominated to categories during the submission period? That's how all the fic awards I've seen have been. That way if someone thinks a sig would be good for a category, they can just nominate it, rather than us saying what we want it to go for. Because some people might have different ideas about where our art would fit in category wise.
                                Edit: I read this wrong the first time.

The submission period is really just a chance to collect all our artwork into one place, to make it easier for people to nominate. Don't worry about the categories, you can nominate a pic for whatever category you think it fits best
                                Last edited by Oma-1; 15 January 2009, 01:51 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X