The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble65 View Post
    Wow! Excellent PSing Jasmina Love the Sam/Atlantis icons!
    And from me too Can't green you I'm afraid... but very much deserving of it!
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thanks guys I'm glad you like them.

Is it just me or does this page strech way to much?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post

Looks ok to me *shrugs*

Comment

Wow, Jasmina, you have been busy!!! Great icons
          sigpic

Comment

Would someone tell me what gimp is and where I can get it? I have photoshop, or I should say had since it seems to have disapeared from my computer since I used it last a month or two ago. I'll have to reload it when I get home on Saturday.
            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble65 View Post
              Wow! Excellent PSing Jasmina Love the Sam/Atlantis icons!
              Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post

I can still see everything, but it is a little stretched. I think it happened after jumble removed the img tags on your icons in the post above. There is no space in between each one, so the words got all mashed together into one humongous word.

Beautiful icons, by the way, jasmina.

I have been trying to green everyone for their beautiful work from the past few days, but it seems I need to spread it around a little more before I can do that.
              So virtual green for all the great artwork!

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                Would someone tell me what gimp is and where I can get it? I have photoshop, or I should say had since it seems to have disapeared from my computer since I used it last a month or two ago. I'll have to reload it when I get home on Saturday.
                From the GIMP website:

GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.

It has many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, etc.

GIMP is expandable and extensible. It is designed to be augmented with plug-ins and extensions to do just about anything. The advanced scripting interface allows everything from the simplest task to the most complex image manipulation procedures to be easily scripted.

http://www.gimp.org/

Basically it is a free photo program which is similar in function to PS and PSP. It's not quite as fancy b/c it is free. You can download it from the site linked above.

If you already have photoshop and are familiar with using it, you might just want to stick with it since GIMP takes some time to figure out. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I also think PS has more tools/functions than GIMP.

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                  From the GIMP website:

GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.

It has many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, etc.

GIMP is expandable and extensible. It is designed to be augmented with plug-ins and extensions to do just about anything. The advanced scripting interface allows everything from the simplest task to the most complex image manipulation procedures to be easily scripted.

http://www.gimp.org/

Basically it is a free photo program which is similar in function to PS and PSP. It's not quite as fancy b/c it is free. You can download it from the site linked above.

If you already have photoshop and are familiar with using it, you might just want to stick with it since GIMP takes some time to figure out. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I also think PS has more tools/functions than GIMP.
                  Thank you. I've only made a one or two primative things in PS. I'm going to experiment with it over the summer while I recover from surgery.
                  Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                    I can still see everything, but it is a little stretched. I think it happened after jumble removed the img tags on your icons in the post above. There is no space in between each one, so the words got all mashed together into one humongous word.
                    Oops! Sorry about that. I've deleted it, hope that fixes it.

Edit: Hmm. Page still looks the same to me

Comment

I'm gonna attempt a video project, and I need you guys to help me!!!!

APA's comment about Jasmina being sucked into the Shipping Zone got me thinking about a MOP vid - You have just crossed over into...The MOPing Zone!

It'll start out with the Twlight Zone theme music, with really fast flashes of confirmation moments - not exactly, reunion - Sam's box with Jack pic in it, password:fishing, office photo; interspersed between b&w artwork with an adaptation of the twlight zone words (still working on that bit)..... then moving into the Sam Jack Theme with the main shippy clips that have given us undeniable evidence of the feelings between them.

The bit I need help with is deciding which shippy bits to use Obviously I can't leave out D&C or the Grace Kiss, but I have only 1 minute and 6 seconds to fit the clips into. Whaddya think?????

I'm still working out how to finish it - there has to be a request for confirmation, and the MOP penguin....so any ideas there would be gratefully received! In fact, any ideas at all would be gratefully received

BTW, I have no idea if I can actually do this But it'll be an adventure It might also turn out to be a really bad idea, but there's only one way I'll find out

Edit: For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, you'll find the Twilight Zone opening credits here It was a cult tv show back in the ...ummm.....actually, I don't know ... when I was little I think although those could have been reruns...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post

APA's comment about Jasmina being sucked into the Shipping Zone got me thinking about a MOP vid - You have just crossed over into...The MOPing Zone!

It'll start out with the Twlight Zone theme music, with really fast flashes of confirmation moments - not exactly, reunion - Sam's box with Jack pic in it, password:fishing, office photo; interspersed between b&w artwork with an adaptation of the twlight zone words (still working on that bit)..... then moving into the Sam Jack Theme with the main shippy clips that have given us undeniable evidence of the feelings between them.

The bit I need help with is deciding which shippy bits to use Obviously I can't leave out D&C or the Grace Kiss, but I have only 1 minute and 6 seconds to fit the clips into. Whaddya think?????

I'm still working out how to finish it - there has to be a request for confirmation, and the MOP penguin....so any ideas there would be gratefully received! In fact, any ideas at all would be gratefully received

BTW, I have no idea if I can actually do this But it'll be an adventure It might also turn out to be a really bad idea, but there's only one way I'll find out

Edit: For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, you'll find the Twilight Zone opening credits here It was a cult tv show back in the ...ummm.....actually, I don't know ... when I was little I think although those could have been reruns...
                        This sounds like a brilliant idea! And what are you always telling us? Try it and see (pretty much!)

My feeling is that you really have to have the 'Always' bit in, preferably with him actually saying it. Then maybe the MOP penguin (large) in the background with the request for confirmation written over it? I know nothing about making vids, so don't know how you would go about this Don't know if that helps?

Comment

Also, talk of a new MacGyver film with or without RDA was getting me depressed, so I played with Gimp and got this

Think 'bubble bath' Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post

Fantastic idea Oma! I'll second Jumble's request for the 'Always' moment, and I'd suggest the 200 wedding and also all of the kisses - you know, so we can ask for a real one and a real wedding Ooh ooh and the Moebius hand-touch, and fishing And some of the looks
                            Can you fit all that in?
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              Fantastic idea Oma! I'll second Jumble's request for the 'Always' moment, and I'd suggest the 200 wedding and also all of the kisses - you know, so we can ask for a real one and a real wedding Ooh ooh and the Moebius hand-touch, and fishing And some of the looks
                              Can you fit all that in?
                              Lol! In 1 minute 6 seconds? I bet she'll try

Comment

And I've been Gimping my grandsons again.......

Spoiler:

Aren't they gorgeous? They make me glow with pride

Comment

Working...
                                X