The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
    I must have missed this wallie the first time too. I'm snagging it now though. I so fangurl BR. Kahlan is my favorite on the show. I'm not into the bad boys and CH is too young for my tastes but he is easy on the eyes.

If the show continues to do well I'm sure it'll be shown internationally soon enough.
    You're welcome to it. I fangirl BR as well. She's soooo gorgeous!! She like AT to me. I fangirl them both, lol. And another actress, who plays the main girl on Numb3rs.

And actually, both CH and BR are just a few years older than me, lol. IIRC, CH is about 24-25, and I'm 20...If only I could go to NZ during filming to meet them...Maybe I'd catch his eye, lol!! And actually, I'm usually into the good bad guys, lol. Angel, SG1 Jack (face it, he's one of the good guys, but with the bad boy edge), and a bunch I won't even bother to name, lol.
    Originally posted by Achaja View Post
    Thanks TR hrhrhrhr

Thanks for the tut Estrela, I saved it and will try soon
    You're welcome.
    sigpic
    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      Oma it probably got lost with the thread being so busy today, but I was wondering if you could let me have the pics you used to make your 'sun' icon textures? I need to make them bigger for sigs I love the effects I've managed to get from them, it's created a whole new style for me
      Oops, I didn't miss it, I just didn't have time earlier, and I forgot all about it. Here it is

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Oma, that's brilliant

And why are you up this late?

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
          Sorry if this is a double post...

Seriously?!?! What gave mine (#27) away? It wasn't a couple (or show) I had mentioned or used before. I've never done 'old photo' as a style. It was black and white, so no color choices. The only thing usual was the text style. Was that what gave it away? Or is there something about the types of quotes I usually use/find/make up that is distinctive to me?
          The color of the text. Textbook you. Plus I think when we discussed what ships we had in common (almost all the same so you all know we really are twins) we discussed them.

But I also thought 26 was yours. Jumble fooled me with the pink text. Shame on her.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
          -snip-
          Challenge 45
          From Fainne

Quotes from Fairy Tales, pics from SG-1.

Size: Any
          Pics: SG1
          Text: Quotes from Fairy Tales

Send the entries to Oma
          Oh I love this one! Can we use any adaptation, like Ever After? Disney? The old Fairy Tale Theater versions with Shelly Duval? As long as it's a fairy tale?
          Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Leiasky asked me to make her a grungy sig using the polaroid and the continuum bts shot. Here's a couple of experiments, it's not going so well It think it's because she wants flutter grunge; I got the fluff part, but I'm not so great at the gutter Now if she'd asked for angsty grunge, that wouldn't be a problem atm

Any suggestions?
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Oma, that's brilliant

And why are you up this late?
              I have no idea! I should have gone to bed ages ago, but that means having to move.

I've already told everyone I'm doing NOTHING tomorrow...er...today...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                Leiasky asked me to make her a grungy sig using the polaroid and the continuum bts shot. Here's a couple of experiments, it's not going so well It think it's because she wants flutter grunge; I got the fluff part, but I'm not so great at the gutter Now if she'd asked for angsty grunge, that wouldn't be a problem atm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/timeless.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../timeless2.jpg

Any suggestions?
                I like the second one the best. Better use of color with the quote, B&W is Timeless after all.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the second one is much better, but it's pure fluff

The first went completely wrong as soon as I added the gradient The quote certainly doesn't go with it any more, although the colouring may suit a guttery quote, but I got nuthin'
                  sigpic

Comment

I have no idea! I should have gone to bed ages ago, but that means having to move.

I've already told everyone I'm doing NOTHING tomorrow...er...today...
                    I think that's why I'm still sitting here too And I really should go to bed, because Michael will be here tomorrow

I like the second sig too.

You seriously don't see gutter in what he's whispering in her ear?

Edit: Er, yeah, that's 'today'

Comment

Yeah, the second one is much better, but it's pure fluff

The first went completely wrong as soon as I added the gradient The quote certainly doesn't go with it any more, although the colouring may suit a guttery quote, but I got nuthin'
                      I'd have to agree. The clock is a nice touch too. Maybe a different quote would make it guttery? The pics together are definetally fluff. But don't mess with the second one.

sigpic

Comment

I think that's why I'm still sitting here too And I really should go to bed, because Michael will be here tomorrow

I like the second sig too.

You seriously don't see gutter in what he's whispering in her ear?

Edit: Er, yeah, that's 'today'
                        Good point! I like how you think Granny.

sigpic

Comment

I see the gutter, I just can't come up with any text to go with it My brain shut down on me a few days ago
                          sigpic

Comment

A guttery quote? Supply closet?

Comment

Oma hmm I'd probably use something like "Whisper into my ear" because that has a fluffy part but the expression makes it guttery

On another note, I HATE photoshop, it's so darn annoying! But I was wondering in CS2 if there is an anti-erase button? Like there is in gimp...

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                                The color of the text. Textbook you. Plus I think when we discussed what ships we had in common (almost all the same so you all know we really are twins) we discussed them.
                                Yeah, I think I'll have to try to change my font TONS for the next sekrit challenge. Maybe that will throw people off...And yeah, I think we did discuss them, lol. If not, it could be assumed we'd have them in common sense we have almost all of the others in common, lol.

Seriously people, I think our looks might be one of the few differences between us!!
                                But I also thought 26 was yours. Jumble fooled me with the pink text. Shame on her.
                                Yeah, I do tend to use pinks...And I was wondering how many people would think 26 was mine. I might have thought that as well if I didn't know any better, lol!!
                                Oh I love this one! Can we use any adaptation, like Ever After? Disney? The old Fairy Tale Theater versions with Shelly Duval? As long as it's a fairy tale?
                                I agree!! This one will be great!! But yeah, adaptations please!! Ever After, Disney, Cinderella Story, Another Cinderella Story...
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Working...
                                X