Creation Vancouver Con 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bar View Post
    Beautiful, clever and funny. Works everytime...
    I even have a pic of you with a halo...(But it's from the set tour and i can't post it publicly).
    Awwwww....... sweet words melt me every time....
    And...Me with a halo?? I'm curious....

Pink furry handcuffs...
    I forgot that scene...
    You have to wonder...
    Did Vala get those things replicated by Sam, or did she bring them with her?(I figure Vala is a "Just in case i ever need them" type of packer, when going on a trip...)
    Originally posted by jstiven View Post
    Oh, man, I wanna seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Oh definitely! I have always seen her as the "has everything in case of...." type!!!

Jenny S.
    I'm with both of you on that.... I think she packs things to keep herself entertained....and she definately brings things out of the ordinary, look at 'The Quest' at the part when they were trapped and each had to give up an item.... she pulled a blowdryer out of her backpack...
    You think she had the rollerskates though?
    sigpic
    awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by GateByte View Post
      lol. I think you'd get some odd looks from airport security .

Got an email back from Sharon at Creation, it's logged in the computer just no invoice sent off yet. Seat D6!! Nice step up from J24 this year . I'm assuming that'll be on the opposite side of the room from where I was this year likely somewhere on the left?
      LOL The seat infront of us...*hopes you're not tall but then realises that it probably doesn't matter* Good to hear although it doesnt sound very organised, Creations systems must be playing up again! LOL

David Hewlett is my 'happy place' SQUEEEEE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post

I'm with both of you on that.... I think she packs things to keep herself entertained....and she definately brings things out of the ordinary, look at 'The Quest' at the part when they were trapped and each had to give up an item.... she pulled a blowdryer out of her backpack...
        I've always wondered where she was planning to plug it in! Do you think she had a battery pack thing in there as well?

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
        You think she had the rollerskates though?
        Personaly i wouldn't go to an alien planet without rollerskates. Would give you a quick getaway if you were suddenly attacked......

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyGateGirl View Post
          Personaly i wouldn't go to an alien planet without rollerskates. Would give you a quick getaway if you were suddenly attacked......

I assumed she had those made with the matter replicator.
          But it would have been funny if she did bring them with her on the trip...
          Makes you wonder what else she had in her quarters...(Like where did all those party items/ballons/streamers come from?)
          I like a girl that plans ahead...
          Bar.
          e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyGateGirl View Post
            I've always wondered where she was planning to plug it in! Do you think she had a battery pack thing in there as well?
            Absolutely... there's no doubt in my mind...

I can see it now... the team goes to a planet to conduct trade talks, and lose Vala...
            They find her teaching the local children how to rollerskate....

I assumed she had those made with the matter replicator.
            But it would have been funny if she did bring them with her on the trip...
            Makes you wonder what else she had in her quarters...(Like where did all those party items/ballons/streamers come from?)
            I like a girl that plans ahead...
            Bar.
            Lol, I've always wondered that too... You know any of the clothes that she would wear she packed herself...
            But I have a feeling that the replication convo would have gone:

Originally posted by Vala
            Okay Sam, I want to help you... I need some help making something first though...
            Originally posted by Sam
            Sure, what is it?
            Well I'm not sure what you call them.... but they're cool little 'rolly - devices' ...
            Originally posted by Sam
            Are you talking about rollerskates? Why would you want--
            *rethinking knowing the answer* Sure I can help you....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by surfinmuffin View Post
              LOL The seat infront of us...*hopes you're not tall but then realises that it probably doesn't matter* Good to hear although it doesnt sound very organised, Creations systems must be playing up again! LOL
              I don't think you'll have to worry about me blocking your view. lol. I'm only 5'4. Yeah it doesn't seem like they're very organized at the moment, maybe Creation's got a gremlin running amuck .

Originally posted by ~Sarah~
              But I have a feeling that the replication convo would have gone:

Okay Sam, I want to help you... I need some help making something first though...
              Originally posted by Sam
              Sure, what is it?
              Well I'm not sure what you call them.... but they're cool little 'rolly - devices' ...
              Originally posted by Sam
              Are you talking about rollerskates? Why would you want--
              *rethinking knowing the answer* Sure I can help you....
              LOL. I can totally see that interchange taking place. Now, if Sam had to replicate the pink fuzzy handcuffs too ... she probably wouldn't have started to ask questions .

Comment

OK. I wasn't going to admit it. But I just have to. Too silly.

I accidentally bought a ticket to the 2009 Vancouver con. Accidentally. Honestly. I had put one in my cart to see how much the 'shipping and handling' would be. Had the mouse hovering over the 'buy' button. Then wanted to close the window. Stupid touchpad of course decided to click instead of move.

Guess the fates are telling me I have to go to Vancouver again.
                Even if it's only for the con wedding. Seat D8, by the way. If I go. Maybe. Not sure. EEEK!
                sigpic

Comment

I'm so sad I can't buy a Gold ticket now. It would be such fun to sit nearer the front in the 'crazy' section of rows C&D!!!

My run of bad luck continues unfortunately. Can't get a full time job, still trying. Hubby's car broke down again and took most of the money we had spare to repair it. A pain I've had intermittently for six months or so that I've ignored turned into a more painful persistant pain yesterday. So now I guess its off to the doctor to find out what's going on.

At the moment I don't see any prospect of getting a ticket to the 2009 con. However I still hope things will turn around and all this will just seem like a bad dream and I'll be jumping about for joy when I get hold of that Gold ticket at some point.

So, to forget all our woes for a while we went up to Grouse Mountain yesterday to see the two bear cubs that came out of hibernation last Friday. It was nice to wander around up there in lovely sunshine and the snow, enjoy the view and the bears that were happily dozing in the sun. Cheered me up no end. My trek across that mountain and the snow was more epic than Teal'c's in 'The Ark of Truth'!

Here's the view of our favourite city yesterday from Grouse Mountain to remind us of all the Stargatey fun we have there and more fun to come in 2009!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                    I'm so sad I can't buy a Gold ticket now. It would be such fun to sit nearer the front in the 'crazy' section of rows C&D!!!

My run of bad luck continues unfortunately. Can't get a full time job, still trying. Hubby's car broke down again and took most of the money we had spare to repair it. A pain I've had intermittently for six months or so that I've ignored turned into a more painful persistant pain yesterday. So now I guess its off to the doctor to find out what's going on.

At the moment I don't see any prospect of getting a ticket to the 2009 con. However I still hope things will turn around and all this will just seem like a bad dream and I'll be jumping about for joy when I get hold of that Gold ticket at some point.
                    {{{hugs}}}

I hear you. I don't see me getting a tickett this year either. We had two pottery shows this weekend and tanked at both. (Made expenses and a bit but not much and we're trying to pay off this year's con. Oi! I also am having car issues too.)
                    sigpic
                    thanks Stef
                    Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Sorry to hear that Krisz.
                      I hope it all works out.
                      There is always someone closer to the time who has to pull out, so don't sweat it right now...
                      Bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post

So, to forget all our woes for a while we went up to Grouse Mountain yesterday to see the two bear cubs that came out of hibernation last Friday. It was nice to wander around up there in lovely sunshine and the snow, enjoy the view and the bears that were happily dozing in the sun. Cheered me up no end. My trek across that mountain and the snow was more epic than Teal'c's in 'The Ark of Truth'!

Here's the view of our favourite city yesterday from Grouse Mountain to remind us of all the Stargatey fun we have there and more fun to come in 2009!

Oh, Krisz I am so sorry to hear this...sending good thoughts and prayers/karma to you. I know it sounds schmaltzy but you seem like someone who is incredibly good hearted so I am wishing you all the best.

What an amazing view!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow. I am posting up to photobucket for you all this week some more pics and will include some San Diego beach sunsets...from one end of of the spectrum to the other!!

jENNY s.
                        Visit Stargate Hub!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind wishes. You are all such lovely people! Things will turn around eventually and it will be non stop again!

Comment

Yes. With this crowd, you will always be able to work something out.

I was also wondering about the dates for 2009, guys.
                            Stewart and i definitely intend to spend longer in Vancouver next year.
                            We will probably be arriving the monday the week of the convention, but we are planning to stay about a week afterwards(We stayed two extra days this time and it wasn't long enough!!!).
                            Anyone else planning a longer stay in sunny Vancouver?
                            We'd love to be able to hang after the hubbub has died down. Perhaps even take in some of the local sights again with like-minded Stargate loons like us.
                            Just wondering if anyone has anything like that planned.
                            As soon as we know exact dates, i will post more.
                            Bar.

Comment

We will probably be arriving the monday the week of the convention, but we are planning to stay about a week afterwards(We stayed two extra days this time and it wasn't long enough!!!).
                              We'd love to be able to hang after the hubbub has died down. Perhaps even take in some of the local sights again with like-minded Stargate loons like us.
                              Bar.
                              I was thinking about it (that is if I go). I haven't purchased my tickets yet. It matters how the summer goes because we have a seasonal business. So here's hoping...

Slam

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
                              (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
                              Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

Yes. With this crowd, you will always be able to work something out.

Bar.
                                I'm in...
                                I was telling my friends around here the other day that this past trip the week just wasn't long enough...
                                There's just so much to see in that city.... An extra week of staring at those mountains??? How could I resist???

Plus that gives me an extra week to get 'McKay'...(for those of you who know what I'm talking about, I swear I'm just kidding....)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X