Creation Vancouver Con 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sure you have D4?

I show on my invoice that I have D3 and D4. I may need to make a call next week.

Comment

Hi all....I was hoping to find a thread about this one. I'm new here. Just to the forum. Most definitely not to Stargate. I've been a fan for years. Anyway, I'm up in Northern BC. I moved out here from Ontario a couple of years ago and have to honestly admit the thing I was looking forward to the most is finally being able to go to conventions. I was hoping to go to the August one but it's the same weekend as my brother's wedding. I pretty much bought my ticket for this one as soon as I found out about it. Hopefully I'll get to know some of you before then.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve69 View Post
        Hi all....I was hoping to find a thread about this one. I'm new here. Just to the forum. Most definitely not to Stargate. I've been a fan for years. Anyway, I'm up in Northern BC. I moved out here from Ontario a couple of years ago and have to honestly admit the thing I was looking forward to the most is finally being able to go to conventions. I was hoping to go to the August one but it's the same weekend as my brother's wedding. I pretty much bought my ticket for this one as soon as I found out about it. Hopefully I'll get to know some of you before then.
        Welcome Nynaeve69,

I too am fairly new here, but not new to Stargate. I have been reading posts here for a few years but only recently decided to sign up. The 2009 is going to be my first convention going experience and I am very much looking forward to it.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the thread. You've certainly come to the right place for convention fun. There's a great bunch of people on this thread and you'll get to know everyone in no time. I've got hooked on the Vancouver con now after finally taking the plunge in 2007 for my first ever con! In fact it was due to joining in on the Vancouver con thread that got me to go due to the wonderful welcome I got from everyone on it. Getting to meet everyone is fantastic and they are all as crazy and lovely as you get to know on the thread.

I hope my financial woes finally stop to enable me to get a ticket for next year. At least I still get to see you all at other activities outside the con so it's not all bad!

Getting bad news on the job front doesn't help the situation, they decided not to take me on permanently. It was a bit of a surprise as I thought it was going really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
            Hi and welcome to the thread. You've certainly come to the right place for convention fun. There's a great bunch of people on this thread and you'll get to know everyone in no time. I've got hooked on the Vancouver con now after finally taking the plunge in 2007 for my first ever con! In fact it was due to joining in on the Vancouver con thread that got me to go due to the wonderful welcome I got from everyone on it. Getting to meet everyone is fantastic and they are all as crazy and lovely as you get to know on the thread.

I hope my financial woes finally stop to enable me to get a ticket for next year. At least I still get to see you all at other activities outside the con so it's not all bad!

Getting bad news on the job front doesn't help the situation, they decided not to take me on permanently. It was a bit of a surprise as I thought it was going really well.
            Me too!!! This year was way too much fun!!! You simply must come back.... now who do I have to talk to to make that happen
            I have ways of threatening people... though usually they just look at me and laugh...
            I wish there was something that I could do to help...
            *thinking* Magnets!!! Somehow we could use Magnets!!!

*I'm just providing evidence for the 'we're crazy' theory aren't I.... Better a theory than a hypothesis*

On that note, Welcome Nynaeve69, As Krisz said, I hope you find it fun here
            sigpic
            awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
              Me too!!! This year was way too much fun!!! You simply must come back.... now who do I have to talk to to make that happen
              I have ways of threatening people... though usually they just look at me and laugh...
              I wish there was something that I could do to help...
              *thinking* Magnets!!! Somehow we could use Magnets!!!

*I'm just providing evidence for the 'we're crazy' theory aren't I.... Better a theory than a hypothesis*

On that note, Welcome Nynaeve69, As Krisz said, I hope you find it fun here
              I need the finacial woes to straighten out too. (Things are looking up just not up enough.) I think those would be some powerful magnets bug it just might work.

Welcome to the loony bin Nynaeve69.=)
              sigpic
              thanks Stef
              Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. Seems like a mighty fine group of people here. I've been doing a lot of reading and finally got through the con ettiquette thread. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys who don't know if you'll be able to go. Krisz, you mentioned something about outside con events? What were you referring to, if I may ask? Are they Stargate related?

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. Seems like a mighty fine group of people here. I've been doing a lot of reading and finally got through the con ettiquette thread. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys who don't know if you'll be able to go. Krisz, you mentioned something about outside con events? What were you referring to, if I may ask? Are they Stargate related?
                  There is the Fan Party that Arctic Goddess has arranged for the past two years. This is nothing to do with the official Creation event. It's where all of us on the thread and anyone else from GW who is in Vancouver go for a great fun night. AG always finds some nice surprise guests from Stargate to pop in and join us if they are free and the food selection is always good too!!

We have also arranged self guided SG-1 location tours. Last time we had lunch in 'O'Mally's' as part of it!

There is the Gateworld dinner too. That is always fun and has great guests who turn up too!

We also arrange to go in groups to Vancouver tourist spots like the Capilano Suspension bridge and find any other excuse to meet up in restaurants for meals for a good time with good friends! This year for instance we had dinner with Joe Malozzi and Martin Gero in a restaurant of Joe's choice.

Suggestions and lists usually start appearing in the new year on this thread for people to sign up. Of course ideas for things to do are always welcome.

Comment

Hey ya, I`m going to be in Vancouver again next year *yahhh*

Had to sell this years ticket because of personal reasons, but NOTHING`s gonna stop me from going to Vancouver next year.

Got my Invoiced e-mail sometime ago, my seat number is D10

Last years Con was one of the best times I had im my life. If next year is only going to be half as good as 2007, this is still more than I would ask for *rofl*

... *KJ who is lost in green * ...

Comment

Hi, all:

Following AG's & Krisz's home pics, Deeds' Van pics, and Maeve's home pics, here are some shots of our beach in San Diego at sunset last month...this is about 1/2 mile straight West out our front door. Come see me at Comic-Con you all! Beach weather should be puuuuuur-fect!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Jenny S.

P.S. Welcome to the newer people -- I only joined last year after having lurked for YEARS and been an SG fan for years. This is one of the MOST amazingly cool group of people, and now friends, I have ever met. They rock!
                      Visit Stargate Hub!

Comment

Originally posted by jstiven View Post
                        Hi, all:

Following AG's & Krisz's home pics, Deeds' Van pics, and Maeve's home pics, here are some shots of our beach in San Diego at sunset last month...this is about 1/2 mile straight West out our front door. Come see me at Comic-Con you all! Beach weather should be puuuuuur-fect!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        Now you're just showing off...

But on a lighter note, just 3 days, 21 hours till Dana checks in to the airport to begin her journey to Scotland...
                        Can i hear a "yaaaaay!"?

Bar.
                        e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

Originally posted by bar View Post
                          Now you're just showing off...

But on a lighter note, just 3 days, 21 hours till Dana checks in to the airport to begin her journey to Scotland...
                          Can i hear a "yaaaaay!"?

Bar.
                          Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Wanna see pics when she does get there, OK?

Jenny S.
                          Visit Stargate Hub!

Comment

Originally posted by jstiven View Post
                            Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Wanna see pics when she does get there, OK?

Jenny S.
                            Of course.
                            Pics aplenty.
                            Bar.

Comment

Those are gorgeous pictures Jstiven! I really love sunset pictures and add the wonderful scenery of southern California, you lucky person, living there!! The closest I got to where you live is San Francisco, I love that city and can't wait to go back again. If I had the money I'd love to go to the San Diego Comic-con, maybe one day. *sigh*

Bar, here's a big YAAAAAAAY!!!!

just for you!......can't wait to see those pics of you two "roamin' in the glomin!" (sp?!! LOL!) This is part of the lyrics to a tune I remember from when I was a kid living in Edinburgh so the meaning is probably lost in my mentioning of it, it makes sense to me and maybe you get the gist, who knows??!! LOL! I'll go now before I really go into rambling mode, it's an age thing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                                Bar, here's a big YAAAAAAAY!!!!

just for you!......can't wait to see those pics of you two "roamin' in the glomin!" (sp?!! LOL!) This is part of the lyrics to a tune I remember from when I was a kid living in Edinburgh so the meaning is probably lost in my mentioning of it, it makes sense to me and maybe you get the gist, who knows??!! LOL! I'll go now before I really go into rambling mode, it's an age thing!!!
                                I know what you mean.
                                It's a VERY old song called Roamin' In the Gloamin'
                                The basic gist for everyone else out there is that it's about a guy who meets a girl. They go on walks together, and then he asks her to marry him.
                                But it's done in a very regional dialect.

I managed to track down an intelligble version on youTube(Intelligble to me, that is...).
                                But i took the liberty of writing down the lyrics...
                                Okay. Have the Youtube vid on in the background (To sing along...), and then open this file up to see what the guy's talking about...
                                Bar.

Comment

Working...
                                X