Creation Vancouver Con 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bar View Post
    I was also wondering about the dates for 2009, guys.
    Stewart and i definitely intend to spend longer in Vancouver next year.
    We will probably be arriving the monday the week of the convention, but we are planning to stay about a week afterwards(We stayed two extra days this time and it wasn't long enough!!!).
    Anyone else planning a longer stay in sunny Vancouver?
    We'd love to be able to hang after the hubbub has died down. Perhaps even take in some of the local sights again with like-minded Stargate loons like us.
    Just wondering if anyone has anything like that planned.
    As soon as we know exact dates, i will post more.
    Bar.
    I have been wondering about the dates too. It gets a bit more complicated with me though!

I have M.E. so i'm going to have to be careful about what i direct my energy towards, but going to Vancouver is just such an amazing thing to do that it would be a shame if all i saw was the interior of a hotel (plus the amazing Stargate sets!) and i'm going to be using a wheelchair most of the time too, to make sure i last.

My Dad is coming along too as my carer, and he isn't a fan of Stargate (he's seen a few eps ages ago, so has a vague idea of what SG1 is about, i'm going to have to give him an intensive crash course and he has no idea what a convention is actually going to be like, i've seen clips from cons on youtube and i think he has no idea what he has let himself in for *insert evil laugh here*) Which makes him such a star in my book to subject himself to hundreds of fans like me and a whole four days of wall to wall Stargate fun! So he should be rewarded by the opertunity of sightseeing and going walking, which he loves to do.

Plus we have relatives in Vancouver that we have never met, and we are hoping that this will be our opertunity to do so

And on top of all that i need time to recover from the traveling and jetlag (how long does it take to adjust to an (i think) 8 hour time difference???) and prepare myself for the journey home.

With all of that to fit in i have no idea what the dates are going to be for us either

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
      Plus that gives me an extra week to get 'McKay'...(for those of you who know what I'm talking about, I swear I'm just kidding....)

I'm With Genius ----->

e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

I'm With Genius ----->

*SQUEEE*

I love that!!!!

Spoiler:

I gotta find that shirt somewhere and have him sign it or something silly like that...
        sigpic
        awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

*SQUEEE*

I love that!!!!

Spoiler:

I gotta find that shirt somewhere and have him sign it or something silly like that...
          Get two.
          You wear the "I'm with Genius" one, and get an "I'm with Beautiful" one for him.
          He can drape it over himself for the photo-op...
          That'd be unique!
          Bar.

Comment

Get two.
            You wear the "I'm with Genius" one, and get an "I'm with Beautiful" one for him.
            He can drape it over himself for the photo-op...
            That'd be unique!
            Bar.
            AWwwww.....
            I don't think I could do that..... I'd be all embarassed and red for the picture....
            It would be funny though....

OT: I was going to go to Shore Leave but then found out that I'm going to Disney World.... then I was a little mad that I decided not to go... cuz he's going...

Ah well, will have to work on Cliff Simon.....
            sigpic

Comment

"I'm with System Lord?"

"My other car is a Hat'Tak"?

Comment

"I'm with System Lord?"

"My other car is a Hat'Tak"?

*thinking of a nice present for AG*

sigpic

Comment

AWwwww.....
                  I don't think I could do that..... I'd be all embarassed and red for the picture....
                  It would be funny though....

OT: I was going to go to Shore Leave but then found out that I'm going to Disney World.... then I was a little mad that I decided not to go... cuz he's going...

Hey now! I'll be the one doing any work on Cliff Simon...thank you very much!!!

Or you can feel the weight of me sword!!!

Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post

Hey now! I'll be the one doing any work on Cliff Simon...thank you very much!!!

Or you can feel the weight of me sword!!!

*facepalm* My post may have not come out like I meant it to sound.....

*sitting in time-out*

If only I could think before I type.......
                    sigpic

Comment

*thinking of a nice present for AG*

Present? Pour moi? All is forgiven! What are you getting me?

Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Yes. With this crowd, you will always be able to work something out.

I was also wondering about the dates for 2009, guys.
                        Stewart and i definitely intend to spend longer in Vancouver next year.
                        We will probably be arriving the monday the week of the convention, but we are planning to stay about a week afterwards(We stayed two extra days this time and it wasn't long enough!!!).
                        Anyone else planning a longer stay in sunny Vancouver?
                        We'd love to be able to hang after the hubbub has died down. Perhaps even take in some of the local sights again with like-minded Stargate loons like us.
                        Just wondering if anyone has anything like that planned.
                        As soon as we know exact dates, i will post more.
                        Bar.

If there are a lot of people hanging around after the con I'll try and be around too. It's well worth hiring a car if you can. It opens up a whole load of new places.

When we first came to Vancouver as tourists, hiring a car and buying a map was the best thing we did as we got to see loads more places in the 5 days we had than if we just relied on the transit system. This included going to Vancouver Island as well! Even now we go out nearly every weekend and still manage to find new places after all the time we’ve been here! Of course there are places I love going back to. The thing about driving around here is that beautiful scenery unfolds as you go along.

I know what you mean about the mountains ~Sarah~. I never tire of them, that's why I insisted on finding a house with a mountain view, I love looking out at them through the ever changing light conditions throughout the year.

The mountain to the left of the picture is the mountain that overlooks where I live, it's called Golden Ears due to the way the setting winter sun hits the double peaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                          Present? Pour moi? All is forgiven! What are you getting me?

I can't tell.... then it wouldn't be a suprise...
                          *plus I'm still thinking out the ubercool present details*

But it will be something very cool
                          Not super cool, but a little something to say thank you

And with that I have to run out, it's one of my best friends birthdays, and I just finished getting her present and everything ready.... Gah birthday parties...
                          Hopefully I can sneak out early... Love them to death but they get a *little* crazy........
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                            If there are a lot of people hanging around after the con I'll try and be around too. It's well worth hiring a car if you can. It opens up a whole load of new places.

When we first came to Vancouver as tourists, hiring a car and buying a map was the best thing we did as we got to see loads more places in the 5 days we had than if we just relied on the transit system. This included going to Vancouver Island as well! Even now we go out nearly every weekend and still manage to find new places after all the time we’ve been here! Of course there are places I love going back to. The thing about driving around here is that beautiful scenery unfolds as you go along.

I know what you mean about the mountains ~Sarah~. I never tire of them, that's why I insisted on finding a house with a mountain view, I love looking out at them through the ever changing light conditions throughout the year.

The mountain to the left of the picture is the mountain that overlooks where I live, it's called Golden Ears due to the way the setting winter sun hits the double peaks.

*catching attention*

Krisz, that is absolutely beautiful!!! I love looking at your pics of the mountains.... they're just gorgeous!
                            Thank you

Okay, now I really have to run!
                            Be back later...
                            sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone! Im back from...can anyone guess?? Oh thats right!! Disneyland! What can I say, Im a junkie. But alas, its my last trip for a while.. Seeing as how we would rather go to Vancouver next April. At least I didnt torture my husband with this last trip, he got to stay home with the kids, lucky him, huh?

Well... I dont have any pictures from outside of my house. But since we are just south of Seattle, it looks pretty much the same as Vancouver. But I DO have pictures from the window of our favorite hotel at Disneyland... our second home, you know!

I HOPE I do this right... Wish me luck.

Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by staley7580 View Post
                                Hello everyone! Im back from...can anyone guess?? Oh thats right!! Disneyland! What can I say, Im a junkie. But alas, its my last trip for a while.. Seeing as how we would rather go to Vancouver next April. At least I didnt torture my husband with this last trip, he got to stay home with the kids, lucky him, huh?

Well... I dont have any pictures from outside of my house. But since we are just south of Seattle, it looks pretty much the same as Vancouver. But I DO have pictures from the window of our favorite hotel at Disneyland... our second home, you know!

I HOPE I do this right... Wish me luck.

Spoiler:

Very cool!!!
                                I go to Disney World in July... I'll have to make sure I post a few for you guys to see
                                Especially of the Tower of Terror that they have there....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X