Creation Vancouver Con 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GiddyGateGirl View Post
    Oooh, one of my Aunts lives in East Grinstead! I will PM you (or at least attempt too lol) with my actual location. Over the years my Dad has cautioned me over the forces of evil that lurk on the internet ( ) that now i find it hard to be open about some things on forums!!

It would be great to meet you

I hope that everything with the job works out for you, and that you also manage to eventually make it to the con!
    Quite understand, your Dad is a wise man! It would be so weird if I knew your Aunt!! Talk about a small world then!

Thanks for the well wishes on the job front. I hope to start Monday!

I look forward to meeting you too.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyGateGirl View Post
      Oooh, one of my Aunts lives in East Grinstead! I will PM you (or at least attempt too lol) with my actual location. Over the years my Dad has cautioned me over the forces of evil that lurk on the internet ( ) that now i find it hard to be open about some things on forums!!

It would be great to meet you

I hope that everything with the job works out for you, and that you also manage to eventually make it to the con!
      You don't need to worry about Krisz. She is the sweetest, most awesome lady you could meet. And she's a mom. Everyone knows that Moms are good people.
      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by slamaina View Post
        Spoiler:
        That was my sig. It is JumpCon here is the link to the GateWorld thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=54525 and here is the Con link http://www.jumpcon.com/washington/

The listed guests are the following (* on Stargate people):

Jason Carter
        Bruce Boxleitner
        Tracy Scoggins
        Mira Furlan
        *Peter Woodward
        Ed Wasser
        Maggie Egan
        Peter Jurasik
        William Forsythe
        Fat Mama
        Joshua Cox
        Mary Kay Adams
        Stephen Furst
        Kitty Swink
        *Armin Shimerman
        Gerald Home
        Adrian Paul
        Mary Tamm
        Norman Lovett
        Hattie Hayridge
        David Winning
        Glenn Shadix
        Jennifer Rhodes
        Vaughn Armstrong
        *Peter Wingfield
        Richard Herd
        Steve Rankin
        Ronald B Moore
        Casey Biggs
        James Horan
        Barry Jenner
        Grant Cramer
        *Cliff Simon
        *Mussetta Vander
        Deborah Watling
        Louise Fletcher
        Andrew Divoff
        William Jones
        *Andee Frizzel
        *Vanessa Angel
        *Bill Dow
        Frazer Hines
        Kathleen Garrett
        Lori Alan
        Gina Holden

Slam
        Yeah saw the link and saw a few names that I recognized. Still deciding whether or not to go. I showed the link to another Stargate friend that lives in the area that is waiting for Stargate Worlds with me and he might go as well. So it could be a mini party in DC if we decide to join you at the Jumpcon

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
          You don't need to worry about Krisz. She is the sweetest, most awesome lady you could meet. And she's a mom. Everyone knows that Moms are good people.
          Totally!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
            LOL! I understood that, so I guess it's got something to do with being a Vancouverite! I will celebrate my 3rd Van-iversary at the end of October.

Got some good news on the job front. I went to an interview in Downtown Vancouver today and the guy was interested in hiring me but thought a trial period of a week would be a good idea to see if we think it would work for both of us. I'm happy with that as I really liked the atmosphere of the place and I think I will like it there. It was a really nice relaxed interview. It's a big step towards finally getting a permanent job after all the tries over the last 6 months!

Whilst it will be a bit of a commute from where I live I will go by train so won't be driving in all that lovely Vancouver rush hour traffic, hurray! I prefer to use public transport if given a choice, it also means I can relax and read a good book on the journey.
            Krisz's Karma Bus (or train in this case) made its regularly scheduled stop!!!

Yayyyyy!

Jenny S.
            Visit Stargate Hub!

Comment

Originally posted by CareBear View Post
              Yeah saw the link and saw a few names that I recognized. Still deciding whether or not to go. I showed the link to another Stargate friend that lives in the area that is waiting for Stargate Worlds with me and he might go as well. So it could be a mini party in DC if we decide to join you at the Jumpcon
              I am up for a mini party...

Slam

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
              (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
              Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

Quite understand, your Dad is a wise man! It would be so weird if I knew your Aunt!! Talk about a small world then!

Thanks for the well wishes on the job front. I hope to start Monday!

I look forward to meeting you too.
                Yes, it would be very wierd if you knew her! Can be v odd how these things work out sometimes.

Good luck for Monday!

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                Thanks. She does sound very nice, and Mums are the best!

Comment

Got some good news on the job front. I went to an interview in Downtown Vancouver today and the guy was interested in hiring me but thought a trial period of a week would be a good idea to see if we think it would work for both of us. I'm happy with that as I really liked the atmosphere of the place and I think I will like it there. It was a really nice relaxed interview. It's a big step towards finally getting a permanent job after all the tries over the last 6 months!

Whilst it will be a bit of a commute from where I live I will go by train so won't be driving in all that lovely Vancouver rush hour traffic, hurray! I prefer to use public transport if given a choice, it also means I can relax and read a good book on the journey.
                  Glad to hear things are looking up! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that everything goes well .

Ah the Skytrain. I do love how easy it makes getting around the city. I take it to and from work everyday. It's not too bad when it isn't overly crowded.

Comment

Wow, thanks everyone I feel so cared for!

As I was writing this I got a call from the agency and I start the 1-2 week trial period on Wednesday! If all goes well I get the permanent job out of it.

Thanks everyone for the good karma!

GateByte, I actually went on the Skytrain for the first time ever when I went to the interview the other day! Is it just me or does the seating only seat kid sized people?!! Nearly crippled my knees trying to fit in with the leg room that was available!

I'll be going into Downtown on the West Coast Express as the Skytrain doesn't come out to the wilds of Maple Ridge!! My son had to drive me to Braid station in New West which is one of the nearest Skytrain stations to us since the West Coast Express only runs at rush hour times in the morning and evening. I only have to take the Skytrain for one stop once I get to Waterfront station so that's not so bad as it will no doubt be crowded then!

Comment

We were talking about where people are from a while ago, and I finally got a chance to take some pictures of my smallish city(population 20,000 ish) from the hills above it yesterday.

I libve in the northern part of the Wallamette Valley in Oregon and we have some real pretty country side.

sigpic
                      thanks Stef
                      Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

So I thought of something for all of those who know what we're talking about to think of.... wedding song :
                        What do you think....'
                        Far Away lyrics
                        Spoiler:

This time, This place
                        Misused, Mistakes
                        Too long, Too late
                        Who was I to make you wait
                        Just one chance
                        Just one breath
                        Just in case there's just one left
                        'Cause you know,
                        you know, you know

[CHORUS]
                        That I love you
                        I have loved you all along
                        And I miss you
                        Been far away for far too long
                        I keep dreaming you'll be with me
                        and you'll never go
                        Stop breathing if
                        I don't see you anymore

On my knees, I'll ask
                        Last chance for one last dance
                        'Cause with you, I'd withstand
                        All of hell to hold your hand
                        I'd give it all
                        I'd give for us
                        Give anything but I won't give up
                        'Cause you know,
                        you know, you know

[CHORUS]

So far away
                        So far away
                        But you know, you know, you know

I wanted
                        I wanted you to stay
                        'Cause I needed
                        I need to hear you say
                        That I love you
                        I have loved you all along
                        And I forgive you
                        For being away for far too long
                        So keep breathing
                        'Cause I'm not leaving you anymore
                        Believe it
                        Hold on to me and, never let me go
                        Keep breathing
                        'Cause I'm not leaving you anymore
                        Believe it
                        Keep breathing
                        Keep breathing
                        Last edited by ~Sarah~; 11 May 2008, 12:59 PM.
                        sigpic
                        awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                          So I thought of something for all of those who know what we're talking about to think of.... wedding song :
                          What do you think....'
                          Far Away lyrics

One of my favorite songs...

Here's another set of great lyrics( Sarah Mclachlan, Push ):

Originally posted by Sarah Mclachlan
                          Every time I look at you the world just melts away
                          All my troubles all my fears dissolve in your affections
                          You've seen me at my weakest but you take me as I am
                          And when I fall you offer me a softer place to land
                          You can listen to the song here, but you may have to register to hear it all.

Last edited by bar; 11 May 2008, 02:50 AM.
                          e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

To all the moms out there...

Happy Mother's Day!!

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                              To all the moms out there...

Happy Mother's Day!!

Happy Mothers Day back, MamaSue. I can't green you. Need to spread it around a bit first. I'm glad it's green and not manure.
                              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GateByte View Post
                                lol. I think you'd get some odd looks from airport security .

Got an email back from Sharon at Creation, it's logged in the computer just no invoice sent off yet. Seat D6!! Nice step up from J24 this year . I'm assuming that'll be on the opposite side of the room from where I was this year likely somewhere on the left?
                                Hey! I've got seat D4 so who has D5?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X