This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiwigater
    Hey, I'd like to hear confirmation that YOU'RE coming to this thing first!
    Am still checking with my financial planner and my mom; she has first dibs on my vacation time in 2005. I swear I am going to e-mail David tomorrow.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by David
      I had the pleasure of meeting Kiwi in person and everyone will agree that it'd be a galactic dissapointment not to have you there.
      Ha! So once again I'm in the role of chopped liver. *dramatic sigh* That's OK, though, I understand. KG's warm and chatty and has that cool accent and I'm cold and silent and only have an accent on one word.

Oh, and for the record, if anyone is wondering/nervous about a bunch of girls running off to the middle of nowhere to hang out with some random guy, rest assured that David is a perfectly lovely example of his species. When you can get him to stand still for more than three minutes at a time, that is. He's like a giant, tall, cuddly teddy bear and anyone who has a chance to meet him should do so. You'll be a better person for it.

Ha. And you people think I don't know how to do compliments...

Comment

What shadow means is I'm typically very busy. OK more than very busy. Not that I'm twitchy or anything. Well, not usually.

Comment

Originally posted by David
          What shadow means is I'm typically very busy. OK more than very busy. Not that I'm twitchy or anything. Well, not usually.
          well...after all that poking and prodding that shadow has been doing to that voodoo doll of hers.. I wouldnt be surprised if you were twitchy and jumpy

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
            well...after all that poking and prodding that shadow has been doing to that voodoo doll of hers.. I wouldnt be surprised if you were twitchy and jumpy
            That reminds me. Must remember to pack that so I can run some tests and see if it's any more effective when it's in close proximity to its target.

Gotta keep David on his toes...

Comment

REISSUE FOR THREAD PAGE 3-
              IMPORTANT UPDATES FOR THE HOUSE PARTY

As more and more people have discussed being part of a Season/Series finale bash for Stargate SG-1 at my place, it's come to my realization that keeping you here at the residence will be almost impossible. Twenty miles south is a town called Carbondale, and as some of you know, it's where Don S. Davis went to college. There is a Holiday Inn/Conference center there that is very interested in hosting us and is willing to let us get rooms there for 40 dollars per night - that's 20 dollars per night if you buddy up. I'm working with one of their representatives to get us a free conference room on the side, and they DO have cable, which means the Sci-Fi Channel.

Of course, we can come back to my place one evening for weiner roasting/night canoing and fishing, etc, but for the second half of the finale (I'm sure it'll be split in two parts like last year) we'll be able to watch it in a nice cozy place with loud speakers.

Carbondale is really the best place to be. It has literally everything. 16 theaters in two cinemas, a go-cart alley, and tons of good, cheap restaurants.

So, here's what I need you to do. In order to get accurate figures from Holiday Inn, I need to know your possibility of commitment. If you are even CONSIDERING coming let me know that you are out there so that I can add to the figure. Please email me at [email protected] with the following subject line:

NAME-STATUS.
              Leave the text area blank, cause I won't be opening them. Just put the stuff in the subject line.

In my case, it'd be
              David Read (aka "David") - 5

Choose from the following:
              5 (highest chance of coming)
              1 (lowest chance)

I'll fax the numbers to the Holiday Inn and get accurate room and accommodation rates. The hotel has an indoor pool, and by that time next year will be equipped with a restaurant/lounge. Heck, I might even consider inviting a guest...

I also need opinions on how long you think this should be. Thurs/Fri/Sat? Fri/Sat/Sun? I really think this should be a three day thing, as that's just about right. If you do buddy up with someone, your hotel expenses shouldn't exceed 65 bucks - but this is all a guess until I get some commitments to hand over to Holiday Inn.

I just hope we get the dates of the finale in the next few months.

Despite the fact that the date for the finale has not been set, I need to hear from you. Please email me by Tuesday at the latest.

Thanks guys! This'll ROCK!

Comment

This is looking more and more do-able. Found a great deal on airfare and while I don't think I can cash in my air miles, I should be able to add to my stockpile. And getting time off is a snap. I could spend two weeks there if I wanted. What was that about a spare room, David?

Comment

doubt i'll make it, but it sounds like fun. you guys will have a grand time
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Forgive me if this has already been addressed (and I will more than understand if the answer is "no") but is this party open to any GateWorld...ers, or just the people that already know each other?

Edit: If I can go, Shadow, I'd be coming from Washington state, so you wouldn't be the only long distance traveler.
                    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

It's open to everyone. The point is to get to know each other. And no, not like that, you gutter-bound freaks! And yay to long-distance travelers!

Comment

Shadow I'm holding the spare room over for the possibility of a guest invitee.

that's redundant.

Comment

Oh, you're no fun at all!

Besides, the guest wouldn't be staying for two weeks, right?

Comment

The living room could probably handle 5 folks, 3 of whom would need sleeping bags. One next to my bed, so yeah, but I'm going to be getting around a lot and could only do that for when I was going back to Carbondale to join you guys. There would be some things I would have to do and couldn't be down there the entire time all three days, so unless you came with your own vehicle...

Comment

*pats David on the head* That's OK, dear, never mind...

So. Carbondale. Maybe I'll have to bring my laptop after all. Any idea if the hotel has a hotspot?

Comment

I'll be sure to find out. Though I need to know what a "hotspot" is besides mobile internet, if there's something else it goes by.

Comment

Working...
                                X