This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    BTW, if this thing works out, I have it on good authority that I can secure an entire B&B for us here on the Vineyard if we ever wanna do it again. Free, I think. As long as it's in a dead month like March. Maybe for the Atlantis S2 finale.
    you would voluntarily invite david that close to where you live?? you're very brave

actually the same could be said of david really...letting shadow into his home.... either that or not quite all there??

Comment

Originally posted by David
      With "here" you mean up by you?
      Well, it's about 15 minutes from my house, but yes, it's on the Island.

Of course, just getting here would probably be prohibitively expensive, but it's an idea, anyway. Get to stay in a B&B owned by a published murder mystery author. Piss her off and she'll kill you off in her next book. Cynthia Riggs. Dunno if her books are found much beyond the New England area. Cozy little mysteries set on the Vineyard. Not really my kinda thing, but the one she's working on now seems to have more of an edge to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
        you would voluntarily invite david that close to where you live?? you're very brave
        I'm thinking it might be nice to have my own pet Mod. Especially since my cat ran away from home (to my uncle's, two houses down).

Comment

BTW, if this thing works out, I have it on good authority that I can secure an entire B&B for us here on the Vineyard if we ever wanna do it again. Free, I think. As long as it's in a dead month like March. Maybe for the Atlantis S2 finale.
          are you TRYING to kill me!?! (or more accurately my Mum - you know she's just looking for the least excuse to come visit you as it is!).
          right, I am never defending, I'm just gonna go visit people in fun places!

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
            are you TRYING to kill me!?! (or more accurately my Mum - you know she's just looking for the least excuse to come visit you as it is!).
            Your Mum can come, too! It's a nice old place, full of books and pictures and portraits and Cynthia's... er... grandfather I think worked with Edison, so she has a couple Edisony things, too, and her mum was a great poet and there's a little artificial pond with carp and a nice marmalade cat and all we need to do is find a TV. And probably a way to get cable...

Comment

Your Mum can come, too! It's a nice old place, full of books and pictures and portraits and Cynthia's... er... grandfather I think worked with Edison, so she has a couple Edisony things, too, and her mum was a great poet and there's a little artificial pond with carp and a nice marmalade cat and all we need to do is find a TV. And probably a way to get cable...
              ohhh sounds right my my ally. I adore places like that!! perhaps if this happens two years down the track isnt so bad to think about. that actually might be doable

and kiwi, you thought your friends would think you were strange. at least you're only extending your stay! I'll be flying all the way from Aust. just for a party!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
                ohhh sounds right my my ally. I adore places like that!! perhaps if this happens two years down the track isnt so bad to think about. that actually might be doable

and kiwi, you thought your friends would think you were strange. at least you're only extending your stay! I'll be flying all the way from Aust. just for a party!!
                perfectly rational! (er, and if you come up with an adequate excuse let me know, cos I'll need it to convince them going to the original Gatecon is a good idea)

as in "You're going back to the US less than 4 months after leaving it, after living there for 6 1/2 years??" uh huh.....

Comment

"Yes, I'm going to a Stargate party! Oh, I want you to see this little device. It's used for eye exams. Direct your focus to this little red light when it goes off..."

Comment

I may be able show up for a day or so, doubt I'd be able to spring for a hotel though. Gas money maybe. Living a bit south to your south, near Tamms if you know of it. Guess I'll see how things are when the dates are locked in.
                    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

perfectly rational! (er, and if you come up with an adequate excuse let me know, cos I'll need it to convince them going to the original Gatecon is a good idea)

as in "You're going back to the US less than 4 months after leaving it, after living there for 6 1/2 years??" uh huh.....
                      C'mon now, you are writing a thesis and a graduate student. Certainly you can think up an excuse for coming back to the US that people will buy. Sheesh, what have you been learning in graduate school?
                      sigpic

Comment

You should come too! er, are you in KC? that's not a huge drive from St Louis..... more the merrier
                        And Gategirl, you can't NOT come when you're only an hour away! *starts thinking of new and interesting forms of bribery to coerce GG's Mom into coming to stay*
                        Let me know if you need help with the bribing of GG mom.
                        sigpic

Comment

Why Shadow how sweet of you. I would love to come and visit you.
                          sigpic

Comment

EDIT: Remember, if you lurky ones have any real interest in this at all, sign up now!
                            I'm not being lurky anymore. Do I get a prize?
                            The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                              I'm not being lurky anymore. Do I get a prize?
                              How about a standing ovation of one. Will that do for now? *stands up and claps enthusiastically*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by David
                                "Yes, I'm going to a Stargate party! Oh, I want you to see this little device. It's used for eye exams. Direct your focus to this little red light when it goes off..."
                                LOL! I sooo want my own flashy thing. And I prefer the classic neuralyzer to the fancy new blue one.

Kligs, what you should be wondering is why I'm offering. Maybe I have ulterior motives...

Korben- congratulations! I've decided not to kill you. What a great prize!

Comment

Working...
                                X