No announcement yet.

Pegasus 3 - Jan 2008 London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem! Peg2 was my first UK con but I was lucky enough to be with people who had been to Peg1 so knew how it all worked.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
      I dunno if I've got a meet n greet ticket...I got my ticket at the lower price...just lol!

I've got roomies all sorted ((((Shelsfc and Teknikal Ninja!))))

Now I just hope I've not got any uni at that time...it'll be 3rd and dissertation time...meep!!
      Has your ticket been processed?

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
      Oh, and they have announced their first guest:
      PAUL McGILLION!!!!!
      It's still worth squeeing for!!!!! Squeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
      You know, about the m&g ticket, I guess I'll have a m&g ticket, but I hope it's one of the later numbers. At P2 I had one of the last of the 300 m&g tickets, and that meant that I had to go to the autorgraph session on Sunday, not Saturday. And that was great, because the autograph session is something like the highlight of the con for me (was like that at my first con, too), and when it's basically the last thing I do at a con, then it's something like the icing on the cake.

Bye, A.
      I was thinking that too....I booked mine a while ago, but I'd still rather be in the later 300, it's such a nice thing to have to look forward to as the last thing. Usually I have to rush out on the Sunday evening to catch a plane home, and I'm always afraid I'll miss the autographs. But for P3 I'm flying home on the Monday, and it wouldn't surprise me if the one time I'm not rushing out on the Sunday, my number will be called on the Saturday! Ah well...worth it if I get a M&G ticket!!

Comment

Yep Shel - my ticket got processed two days or so ago...would have emailed but I've been very busy!!

I'm not booking my flight until I'm certain I'm going! That means waiting for the Uni semester dates in a couple of months.
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Sue, just sent you a PM, but your inbox is full!!

Comment

It's got space now, but I'm going to bed! I'm up at 7 lol!
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

LOL! Poor you, ignore the PM till tomorrow and go and get some sleep!!

Comment

So what happens at the meet and greet then?

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                  So what happens at the meet and greet then?
                  It's really fun. a group of you all sit around lots of table and all the guest are annoucented and all the surpise ones. they then go round every table sittiing down and saying hi to everyone. It's a chance to get up close to them but in a much more relaxed atmosphere than signing or photoshoots.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Cool. Maybe I'll get to do that at next year's.
                    What time do events start/finish each day?

Comment

*waves at Arlessiar*

Thanks peeps for all the info. Not a con virgin, but it'll be my first non-Creation con. Yay!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                        What time do events start/finish each day?
                        Depends. Normally around 9 or 10am, that's when the panels or other events start. But if you add in queueing, then a day can start at 5:30am sometimes...

Not for me, by the way. I decided to forgo virtual queueing this time, in case they'll have no other way to organise the seating order at P3. I'll sleep in instead. I got up that early at P2 and went to get a virtual ticket for the seating order, even got a nice one, and then I missed it when they opened the doors and everything had been in vain. But I still had a nice place and went and knelt in front of the stage to make photos. Didn't queue again on Sunday - more sleep, less stress, still have nice photos and I still saw the guests.

Originally posted by pavaneofstars View Post
                        *waves at Arlessiar*
                        *waves back* Can't wait to meet you!

Bye, A.
                        ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                        ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
                          Depends. Normally around 9 or 10am, that's when the panels or other events start. But if you add in queueing, then a day can start at 5:30am sometimes...

Not for me, by the way. I decided to forgo virtual queueing this time, in case they'll have no other way to organise the seating order at P3. I'll sleep in instead. I got up that early at P2 and went to get a virtual ticket for the seating order, even got a nice one, and then I missed it when they opened the doors and everything had been in vain. But I still had a nice place and went and knelt in front of the stage to make photos. Didn't queue again on Sunday - more sleep, less stress, still have nice photos and I still saw the guests.

*waves back* Can't wait to meet you!

Bye, A.
                          what is the whole virtual queuing thing?

Comment

They give you a ticket with a number on it basically and then you wait your turn till your group of numbers is called. or sumfin along those line

Comment

Originally posted by kylieS21 View Post
                              They give you a ticket with a number on it basically and then you wait your turn till your group of numbers is called. or sumfin along those line
                              Yes, it's like that. You get a number, and then you wait until the group of numbers you're in is called and can enter the room then.

Virtual queuing is something for big cons. You probably won't find it at smaller cons. But it's stressful, and I've heard many people complain about it. There are other possibilities, like fixed seat numbers or entry by con ticket numbers or who knows what else.

Bye, A.
                              ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                              ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

This all sounds confusing!

Comment

Working...
                                X