POLL: Who Are We? (Demographics !)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Thankies O Mighty Mistress of the Moderators.

I fall into the 20-29 range myself. At least until February. *sigh*...

Though I now fit into the 30-39 cat....when I started watching I was in the 20-29 cat.... sigh....

Comment

male under 20 for me

Comment

I celebrated my 30th birthday for the third time in May.

I've been a Stargate fan since the movie (heck, it's the reason I started watching Boston Legal this season, James Spader is so deliciously bad!), but I am very new to the Gateworld Forum. How the heck I missed this place all thses years is beyond me!

Could be that I'm a spoilerphobe & GW main page has WAY too many spoilers for me, so I don't go there often. Which is a shame, I like the site.

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
          female. 18. proud of it. 19 in may and can't wait for canada!

(ok, that was random! )
          Copy cat!
          Turning 19 in May....holy shoot when did that happen. First childhood, then being a teenager and fast approaching adulthood.

Myth's philosophy on age (completely created by her 'young' mind)
          "Age isn't a number, it's how many times you've been around the sun." Gotta work on the wording, but I think it's still neat. And its rather interesting if you imagine it in your mind and think of the incredible territory that covers for each revolution, how many times the earth has spun, etc...
          Anyone else find it interesting? (asking with the purest curiosity)

Emily: when are you coming to Canada? Stopping in Vancouver at all?

Comment

31 at the end of January
            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by myth86
              Emily: when are you coming to Canada? Stopping in Vancouver at all?

with any luck at all, i will be transferring to UBC as an international student for the rest of my undergrad (they have the degree i want, this university doesn't since i switched...)!!! i already did the application... i just have to send in my transcripts and app. fee (which i must say is WAY higher for canada!!!) and then wait and see if i get in!!

but either way if i get to do work study this coming semester and make some extra money, i'm taking my sis to gatecon!!

so long story short, the answer is yes... vancouver! and hopefully next june/july/august

Comment

Interesting results, I am 37 and female, but not for long LOL the 37 bit, that is.

Comment

So with 147 people voting it looks like about 40% male, 60% female. Almost half of the males voting are 20 or under and almost half of the women voting are 30 or older.

Where are all the older guys??! Surely older guys watch Stargate, maybe they just don't visit the forums.

Still, while 147 people is probably not an accurate sample - I think the forum has several thousand registered members now - I was expecting it to be maybe 75% female. So this is interesting. Glad to see there are more guys than I expected.
                  Last edited by keshou; 05 December 2004, 09:46 AM.
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

just voted. 22 and a guy... so almost an average according to the statistics
                    i must say i am surprised by the results sofar
                    You deepfry it - i eat it

Comment

I would be Male <20. Specifically, 17.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Male 20-29 and staying that way until two years in January.

Unless you ask my pupils, in which case I'm apparently 44. Does wonders for the ego, teaching.
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

ohhhh im ickle!! only 14 *sniff* but nearly 15! yay! only 2 weeks!!

so i guess that would mean im in the female <20 catagory

Comment

Female... And February will be the 16th anniversary of my 29th birthday...

*sigh* Those were the days... Younger, thinner and gravity hadn't taken effect yet...

Comment

Male. 37. Today! Still holding gravity at bay through excercise. The Hohenzollern still likes his Brandy Milk Punch. Of course when having eggs benedict -- a truck load of hollandaise on top. <Homer: "Aaggghhhh!!"
                              "Let's make it TEN. Ten's a nice...round...number..." -- Morty

Comment

Originally posted by Hohenzollern
                                Male. 37. Today! Still holding gravity at bay through excercise. The Hohenzollern still likes his Brandy Milk Punch. Of course when having eggs benedict -- a truck load of hollandaise on top. <Homer: "Aaggghhhh!!"
                                Happy Birthday!

Comment

Working...
                                X