No announcement yet.

POLL: Who Are We? (Demographics !)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurray!! There are at least two other 50+ females around.
    Slainte
    "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
      I'm in that category as well. Lately, I sometimes have to 'do the math' to remember my age. and I'm only 37. It's just that it's just a nothing age. Nothing really special about it. When I celebrated my last birthday (back in April), it didn't even seem like a special day. Just another day like any other.
      My POV too,DJF! I hit my 40th in March, and found that nothing changed,for me or the World in general....just another day as you said!
      (Nice day though,as nobody forced me into a "surprise party"! Fine for those who like it,but my personal idea of FHB H###!)
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I've already lost track of my age a few times. Birthdays just aren't that exciting anymore and age doesn't mean a heckuva lot once you're past 21. At least in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          I've already lost track of my age a few times. Birthdays just aren't that exciting anymore and age doesn't mean a heckuva lot once you're past 21. At least in the US.
          I agree. Once you are past 21, the only age to look forward to is 55 (when you can hopefully retire early. )
          No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

It is amazing how many female viewers there are... Think it has to do with how beautiful and sexy the main men characters are? Doesn't hurt right?? I fall in the female 30-39 (31).. my age group seems to be in the lead!! Someone mentioned surprise party.. I had a huge party when I turned 30! The party wasn't a surprise but the STRIPPER my husband hired, certainly was!! Apparently all my friends there knew about it! What fun though! Yes I agree though, 31 seemed like any other day and I am guessing they will from now on!
            Lexa

AWW Tartersauce! - Spongebob Squarepants

Comment

Oh I don't know - my birthday is in less than a month (I'll be 33) and I'm quite looking forward to it. Admittedly they're not as exciting as when I was a kid though. No parties where we get to play 'murder in the dark', no rabbit moulded jelly with ice cream, no Sindy clothes/accessories to play with. On the other hand I could now buy my own Mr Frosty rather than feeling deprived because my mum refused to get me one.
              Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well a few weeks before I turned 21 (in May this year), I was talking to Mum and said

"Remember last year, when I was 18?"

They say the memory's the first thing to go...

But seriously, the years between 18 and 21 just seemed to fly by.

Comment

hahahahahahahaha!

me standing nicely on 15. almost 16.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                  Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Oh Marty, I've got stuff I've bought older than you! My youngest child will be 25 in September. Now i'm feeling ancient...
                    Nmom
                    sigpic

Comment

I gave this poll a few days to see what would happen. Seems that I am the only male in the 30-39 range. But in some ways thats pretty cool.

Oh incase you were wondering. 34.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                        Oh Marty, I've got stuff I've bought older than you! My youngest child will be 25 in September. Now i'm feeling ancient...
                        Nmom
                        Heck I've got *shoes* older than MartoufMarty! I had no idea she was so young (compliment intended!)

And Hooray! for the 40+ female Stargate fans.
                        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                          Heck I've got *shoes* older than MartoufMarty! I had no idea she was so young (compliment intended!)

And Hooray! for the 40+ female Stargate fans.
                          Go drunken male teens!!!! *runs around waving 17 flag*

God damn October... why can't it get here faster, I need to purchase alcohol legally!!

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                            God damn October... why can't it get here faster, I need to purchase alcohol legally!!
                            Snap! Ooh, that's weird, you're the fourth person I know in the last week that I've discovered have their birthdays in October....great month!

I'm in the <20 group...another 17 year old.

Comment

I'm 33 on the verge of 34 (in August). My trip to the Stargate convention is my birthday present!
                              e7of7

"It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got." - Sheryl Crow

Comment

Checking in: Female & 38.

Originally posted by DJFavorite
                                Lately, I sometimes have to 'do the math' to remember my age. and I'm only 37. It's just that it's just a nothing age. Nothing really special about it. When I celebrated my last birthday (back in April), it didn't even seem like a special day.
                                I hear ya. People ask, oh, how old are you? And I really do have to stop & think (& do that math!!). They think I’m trying to be coy or cute … but really… it’s just a number, what’s it matter? Who I am is more important than the age I am. Try having a “holiday” b-day… Valentine’s Day… a nothing special special day!

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                                But seriously, the years between 18 and 21 just seemed to fly by.
                                As do the 'later' years… that’s why it’s so hard to remember how old you are, especially if you’re not fixated on age… Equally bad is when someone asks how long you’ve worked at your place of business & then you stop to think after you get the ‘15 yrs?! OMG you must be ancient, I had no idea’ look!

Mentality is far more important than physical age. I've met some very mature teenagers and some incredibly immature adults.
                                Agreed. My 84 year old grandma acts like she’s 18. My nearly 13 year old nephew acts way more mature than his dad, my 34 year old brother……
                                Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 31 July 2004, 04:36 PM. Reason: than is not spelled that
                                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Working...
                                X