Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
    but I'm not in a group...
    Try not to worry to much, the GABIT folk are awesome at this but if by tomorrow you still have no email, I'd say check your spam folder and if its not there either contact them

Julia(samcarterrules)

EDIT: Scratch that, just saw your post lol
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
      edit: Scratch that, just saw your post lol
      sigpic
      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
        but I'm not in a group...

edit: got my email NOW
        I was going to say, don't worry because Mumsey did say some might arrive tomorrow - but now I don't have to Yay!!!!

Comment

Got my (one and only) email around 10 am this morning....looks like it is all there ready to be paid on Tuesdays (banks closed tomorrow)!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
            Got my (one and only) email around 10 am this morning....looks like it is all there ready to be paid on Tuesdays (banks closed tomorrow)!
            I'm confused by this 'Banks don't open until.....' Don't you have online banking in the States?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              I'm confused by this 'Banks don't open until.....' Don't you have online banking in the States?
              The US tends to have quite a lot of smaller more regional banks rather than the few big chains we have here. Also, even if you bank does have internet banking, some sytems won't action transfers during non business hours and not all online systems let you do international transfers. It really depends on your individual bank and the type and set up you have for the account.

no biggie. 14 days starts from tuesday 2nd.

Best Becks

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                The US tends to have quite a lot of smaller more regional banks rather than the few big chains we have here. Also, even if you bank does have internet banking, some sytems won't action transfers during non business hours and not all online systems let you do international transfers. It really depends on your individual bank and the type and set up you have for the account.

no biggie. 14 days starts from tuesday 2nd.

Best Becks
                Ah, right. I didn't know that - I guess I've just got so used to clicking a few buttons at any time of the day or night and took it for granted that everyone could do that

Did you get the sig I sent you?

Comment

I do all my banking online (direct deposit, transfers between accounts, etc..). For something of this magnitude though, I'm not sure I can do an international transfer online and besides, going in insures that it'll be done without a hitch. Takes 10 min. tops to stop in.

Comment

One thing to consider....for my bank for international stuff they have to contact a partner bank in kansas city....same thing if I need to get foreign money. They literally don't have it. Also, tomorrow is a holiday, so no banks will be open. Same with martin Luther King day.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm! Thought you said GW was through stealing messages!

Anyhow, Jumble, I want to make sure important matters of transferring money to AT6 for a ticket goes through without any problems. Only way to do that is in person! Terminology could be different, make sure the "right" buttons are pushed.... all that sort of thing.

OBTW - even though you can talk to a stranger over the phone to do this, again, I prefer dealing with my banker the first time I do something different at a new branch. Transferring money to another country is different.
                      Last edited by llp; 01 January 2012, 05:58 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think I had to actually sign paperwork for the wire transfer at my bank. I think it was to verify the sender was the person associated with the account.

Comment

I warned the girls at my local branch that I'd be back this week to do a transfer when I was in getting my new card. (My debit card was cloned over Christmas - someone had a merry time with my money...sigh.) One girl said she'd be sure to wait til I came in to take her break (My UK transfers, for some inexplicable reason, have a habit of crashing their terminals when anyone besides Jenn does them...so I give them advance notice, and aim for her wicket when I go in I'm sure it's a coincidence, but...better safe than sorry, eh? LOL)

*returns to hoping my email arrives before I'm heading out on my errand run tomorrow*
                          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                          ames on facebook
                          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

plan to check with HSBC bank to see what their charge is at the accepting bank in england. that's why the correct amount didn't get to gabit the last time. i paid extra for my sending bank fee, but they didn't account for the receiving bank's fee. you may want to remind them when you do your wire transfers so that the correct amount gets sent.

Comment

Another quick tip for those wire transfer virgins out there: do the transfer in GBP, *not* your local currency. If you send it in your local currency, the exchange rate current at the time of receivership will be applied, and it may not match what you were expecting. If you send it in GBP however, the exchange will be done right then, and no surprises afterwards!
                              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                              ames on facebook
                              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                                Payment Emails have now gone out into the ether. Please read ALL of the email. There is important information all the way through.
                                Please check your spam filters before contacting us.
                                Kay G4
                                Thank you Mumsey - got home this arvo to find the email sitting there quite happy with itself until I realised I can't pay anything til the banks open tomorrow. I don't have internet banking though hubby does but he said he didn't like using it for "personal" things...cheeky bugger...guess I won't be bringing any duty free scotch home for him next time
                                Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                                Tomorrow we officially observe New Years Day (since it fell on a Sunday) so no banks open and no mail. I wouldn't be able to get to a bank till Tues (late due to work) or more likely, Wednesday anyway.
                                So I'm not the only one with a closed bank to deal with...not even the telephone banking operators are there to help.
                                e have online banking here in Oz...for those of us who use it...I don't.
                                I don't trust online banking...too many people I know who have had their accounts hacked. I've warned hubby to not use it but he does and he has so much grief with it.
                                Hmmmm! Thought you said GW was through stealing messages!
                                Seems it's still playing funny buggers with the posts. I'm now copying them before I hit the post button just in case it gets lost.
                                Originally posted by ames View Post
                                Another quick tip for those wire transfer virgins out there: do the transfer in GBP, *not* your local currency. If you send it in your local currency, the exchange rate current at the time of receivership will be applied, and it may not match what you were expecting. If you send it in GBP however, the exchange will be done right then, and no surprises afterwards!
                                I think I will just leave it with my banker & let her sort it out...have already done an online conversion so know I am looking at around $500 for my ticket. Next up, buying the plane ticket...should have that done by the end of the month.
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X