GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    I think both, simply because many want to participate, but not as many are going to both of them.
    When I know approximate finishing times I will let everyone know so people can make their choice of meet day after each Event.

Julia
    G4
    To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

If it all falls through, y'all could have sandwiches in the lobby at midnight
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
        Either way, it sounds like fun to me

Comment

Or pizza in someone's room at 2am
          The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
          Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Just make sure the owner of the room is keen

Seriously, midnight in the lobby after AT4 was amazing. Lots of tired, happy bodies dancing, sprawling, doing push ups (and the splits), giggling, tickling, sleeping... That last one was an exhausted John.
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post
              I wish I had time to post in this thread more, I would love to get to know some fellow attendees a bit before we all meet up. Unfortunately I've been mega busy and hardly logging on to Gateworld at all!

I'm going to be needing to find people to share accommodation with for both events, is there a separate thread for that somewhere? Or anyone got any ideas? This is going to be a really expensive trip, flights from Oz aren't very cheap right now so I can't afford to book a room on my own (but then who of us could!)

I'd love to do some stuff outside the con with people so when all that starts getting planned I hope I can keep track - hey Chelle - maybe you can do all my planning for me LOL.
              Mumsy has given you the best suggestion but there are also threads on GW under fandom for MTM and under Sanctuary for SE (sorry, bit of a luddite when it comes to posting links).

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
              I'll have you know we finished on time at AT4 Lobs cushion at Sky!

- was proud that my hacking apart the schedule from AT3 to see where things had gone wrong and then rebuilding it worked! LOL!

Seriously guys, I haven't actually honed the two schedules yet. It's in my head and some on my computer but waaaay too early to say anything even half way hinting. MTM's is ongoing at the moment. SE's is a work in progress and will be for several months. Sorry! Which Sunday are you thinking of having this dinner? After SE or after MTM?

Julia
              G4
              Love the new sig!

I think both, simply because many want to participate, but not as many are going to both of them.

I know some are going to be leaving on the mondays following both events, but my personal concern about sunday is adding to someone's stress by 'omg, gotta be at dinner at......' deadlines.

we can always do a poll to find the day that works best for most.

For those that participated at shore leave a few years ago, the 'plans' are largely 'meet at so and so place at such and such time, and i'll let them know about how many are coming'

very casual, very 'come and go' if you have to. It'd be akin to, at AT3 'we're all going down to the pub for dinner, wanna come?'
              We are never going to able to accomodate everyone so a poll closer to the dates is probably best and let the majority rule. For SE, Friday lunch might be a possible poll choice.

Seriously, midnight in the lobby after AT4 was amazing. Lots of tired, happy bodies dancing, sprawling, doing push ups (and the splits), giggling, tickling, sleeping... That last one was an exhausted John.
              I'm not sure we could fit in one room!

I had to miss a good part of the lobby party. Too old and tired to stay up late. Probably for the best though. Likely would have worn out the badge.

BTW, did I post here that my flights are booked? I guess I am going. Better warn the rellies.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

you know, there would always be the option of everyone chipping in, we order so many pizzas and either have a 'party' in the lobby (or if the hotel might get grumpy about that) i'm sure we can find a corner somewhere to sit down, chill, munch and reminisce

if there's just a few people and if someone is willing it could even be a 'room party' (the key needs to be, in rooms, that we keep things quiet and don't disturb the host's neighbors)

another option is....if there's no entertainment or activities one of hte nights we could all go out that night. or, for example, if there's an abnormal's ball for SE but it starts at 8 and the con is 'done' at 5, then that gives us time to go out, have a bite and still have time to get back and get dressed...cause even though the ball could start at 8, it's not like you have to be knocking down the door right at 8.

we'll see how the schedule works out and then come up with possible days/times, poll it, and then choose the food place or delivery.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think that moment will always stay with me. We all were wanting to extend AT4 just that much longer and knew that going to bed would really mean the amazing weekend truly was over. We were on a giddy high and full of good food from an awesome pub dinner we had walked to as a group. We did lots of group pics that night and many with the G4 and staff as well. Brilliant pics I'll cherish for a long time. The last few of us finally straggled off to bed that night around 2am.

you know, there would always be the option of everyone chipping in, we order so many pizzas and either have a 'party' in the lobby (or if the hotel might get grumpy about that) i'm sure we can find a corner somewhere to sit down, chill, munch and reminisce

if there's just a few people and if someone is willing it could even be a 'room party' (the key needs to be, in rooms, that we keep things quiet and don't disturb the host's neighbors)

another option is....if there's no entertainment or activities one of hte nights we could all go out that night. or, for example, if there's an abnormal's ball for SE but it starts at 8 and the con is 'done' at 5, then that gives us time to go out, have a bite and still have time to get back and get dressed...cause even though the ball could start at 8, it's not like you have to be knocking down the door right at 8.

we'll see how the schedule works out and then come up with possible days/times, poll it, and then choose the food place or delivery.
                  Whichever way sounds good to me. The food is not so important as the company and the location is fine with me, wherever it might end up being.

At AT4 on Saturday evening before the Abnormal Ball, we had a bunch of us deciding where we wanted to go eat. It had to be quick as many had to get back to shower and get their costumes on. We ended up splitting into two groups. One walked down to the pub and the other ordered pizzas from the hotel bar. I was part of the latter. It was fast and easy and everyone I think had a good time sitting around chatting as we ate. Simple, but it worked.

Comment

simple is what we like. no stress, no worry, just a simple get together to chat and have fun
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I love lobby pizza. The hotels where the cons are here don't mind when we order lobby pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                        I love lobby pizza. The hotels where the cons are here don't mind when we order lobby pizza.
                        If you say that fast enough it sounds like "I love floppy pizza"

The good thing about the pizza's was that they were huge enough to share...so it actually ended up a nice cheapish meal! And oh so conveniently located too!
                        I think it was a round 2am-ish when I finally crawled into bed after AT4 wrapped. And even then I reckon I probably could have stayed awake all night. Still, one of the things I loved about AT4 was that we didn't really have anything set in concrete...other than the event itself...otherwise it was kinda a fly by your pants affair so you didn't have that feeling of obligation to be somewhere at any particular time!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Or sitting and rocking saying, 'Can't sleep, con will end, can't sleep, con will end...'

sigpic
                          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                            Or sitting and rocking saying, 'Can't sleep, con will end, can't sleep, con will end...'

LOL - isn't that every con?!

I went two days without sleep after LA...sadly it didn't work
                            Last edited by Kathryn; 14 January 2010, 10:43 PM.
                            The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
                            Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

I was functioning on pure... I don't know what by that time. My jet lag had finally caught up with me on Saturday night before the abnormal ball, as I was sitting on Lies' bed (maybe?) feeling like I was going to be sick. I nearly didn't go to the ball, but I loved it when I got there

I love it that none of you have a quite... realistic impression of me because what you got was slightly manic Neep

ETA: maybe my jet lag hit the night before... I was a bit emotional at the cocktail party.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I was functioning on pure... I don't know what by that time. My jet lag had finally caught up with me on Saturday night before the abnormal ball, as I was sitting on Lies' bed (maybe?) feeling like I was going to be sick. I nearly didn't go to the ball, but I loved it when I got there

I love it that none of you have a quite... realistic impression of me because what you got was slightly manic Neep

ETA: maybe my jet lag hit the night before... I was a bit emotional at the cocktail party.
                                Does that mean I should be less worried about July then? Or perhaps disappointed... Hmm, crazy Neep is what I'm still hoping to get.

Comment

Working...
                                X