GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    At AT4 on Saturday evening before the Abnormal Ball, we had a bunch of us deciding where we wanted to go eat. It had to be quick as many had to get back to shower and get their costumes on. We ended up splitting into two groups. One walked down to the pub and the other ordered pizzas from the hotel bar. I was part of the latter. It was fast and easy and everyone I think had a good time sitting around chatting as we ate. Simple, but it worked.
    I really liked that! I think there were plenty of moments at AT4 where lots of Samanda's were just hanging out together, there was a really really good vibe

Love reading about all your excited plans for SE! It will be awesome. I'm sorry I can't be there afterall, but I'll be otherwise occupied .. hehe. Will have to cancel my ticket, but am still holding on to it, somehow don't want to jinx the pregnancy .. I'm weird
    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE]
      Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      I was functioning on pure... I don't know what by that time. My jet lag had finally caught up with me on Saturday night before the abnormal ball, as I was sitting on Lies' bed (maybe?) feeling like I was going to be sick. I nearly didn't go to the ball, but I loved it when I got there

I love it that none of you have a quite... realistic impression of me because what you got was slightly manic Neep
      And how is the "real" Neep any different?

ETA: maybe my jet lag hit the night before... I was a bit emotional at the cocktail party.
      Oh, but that worked to your advantage in the end, didn't it?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        If you say that fast enough it sounds like "I love floppy pizza"

The good thing about the pizza's was that they were huge enough to share...so it actually ended up a nice cheapish meal! And oh so conveniently located too!
        I think it was a round 2am-ish when I finally crawled into bed after AT4 wrapped. And even then I reckon I probably could have stayed awake all night. Still, one of the things I loved about AT4 was that we didn't really have anything set in concrete...other than the event itself...otherwise it was kinda a fly by your pants affair so you didn't have that feeling of obligation to be somewhere at any particular time!
        Unless it's Neep, who has no pants.
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
        Anon

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

And how is the "real" Neep any different?
          A lot quieter Shy and self conscious... You guys saw the Neep that only my very close friends see

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Oh, but that worked to your advantage in the end, didn't it?
          That did make up for it a wee bit I was still horrified at myself though. Hehe, I don't know what was going through Amanda's mind but she did her best to make me feel better.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
          Hey! I resemble that remark!

My puppy is all registered and legal now. Yay! Has a little red tag on his collar to prove it
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

ETA: maybe my jet lag hit the night before... I was a bit emotional at the cocktail party.
            A bit? I had to try to explain to Amanda what was wrong with you...of course I had to be careful with what I said and brief too...so I told her you were just this crazy little Kiwi who was just a little bit emotional...hence her need to hug you!
            Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
            I'm sorry I can't be there afterall, but I'll be otherwise occupied .. hehe.
            I still go "yay" over the news...have also been looking out for something special for little bump! Have some ideas but will wait til we know if it's a girl or boy!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I still go "yay" over the news...have also been looking out for something special for little bump! Have some ideas but will wait til we know if it's a girl or boy!
              I think we all do. I still have this weird and wacky feelings it's a boy though. I've guessed what many of my friends have had pretty accurately over the years too, so who knows? Perhaps we should do a poll just for the fun of it?

Comment

Chelle, it was pretty special you were actually there in the superscary time of waiting to test and then there when we took the test! (well, not there there ... lol).

Lol, a poll ... awesome

I really have no idea. The fact that I haven't had any chocolate since the AT4 chocolate party (can't stand it anymore, hubby is eating all my supplies!) makes me think I'm seriously ill makes me think it must be a boy. But apparantly, feeling really nauseous and a fast heartbeat on the baby sais it's a girl ... lol. I love old wife tales

But .. I probably won't be telling anyone. It's not common here to know the gender (though, more and more people do these days), and it's really not common to let others know once you know. Though, try to keep it a secret for friends & family in RL will be difficult!
                sigpic

Comment

Chelle, it was pretty special you were actually there in the superscary time of waiting to test and then there when we took the test! (well, not there there ... lol).

Lol, a poll ... awesome

I really have no idea. The fact that I haven't had any chocolate since the AT4 chocolate party (can't stand it anymore, hubby is eating all my supplies!) makes me think I'm seriously ill makes me think it must be a boy. But apparantly, feeling really nauseous and a fast heartbeat on the baby sais it's a girl ... lol. I love old wife tales

But .. I probably won't be telling anyone. It's not common here to know the gender (though, more and more people do these days), and it's really not common to let others know once you know. Though, try to keep it a secret for friends & family in RL will be difficult!
                  Okay, tell me this. Are you verrry sleepy? I mean, even more so than normal for a preggie woman? Hardly any energy at all? Girls make you sleepy. Not sure why. Boys on the other hand are just the opposite and you feel very active and full of energy.

Guess the Nubbin!

Boy- 1
                  Girl-

Of course my vote is subject to change on hearing your answer.

Comment

Lol, a poll ... awesome
                    Hehehe...I was but a door away...assuming you took the test in the bathroom!
                    I was and still am so totally stoked for you both. It's awesome!
                    Well if it makes you feel better, the only wives tail that worked with me was the way I carried my babies...with Niki I was all round while with Tom it was all out front. Other than that, I had light to moderate morning sickness with both babies, no heartburn despite the tales on that one, cravings were sporadic but in general I craved rice pudding with Nik and banana smoothies with Tom.
                    The doctor let slip what we were having with Niki but with Tom, only I knew as David didn't want to know. And it wasn't until I was in labour and screaming for them to rip "him" out that David first knew or thought he knew we were having a boy. He had been convinced it was a girl.
                    I'll tell you one thing...scans have been known to be wrong. My cousin was told they were having a boy...apparently it was very clear on the ultrasound but when the baby was born, it was a girl. And they had everything prepared for a boy. Even when Tom was born, I wasn't 100% convinced until I checked him out myself.
                    Just relax and enjoy the pregnancy..it really does go by rather quickly. It's all exciting but one day you're gonna look back and say..."I miss being pregnant".
                    Oh wait...one thing that I know was quite reliable was the Chinese birth calendar. We did it with every baby we know...and even ourselves...and I think there was only 1 baby that wasn't what the chart said it should be. It's based on the age of the mother at the time of conception IIRC...try it and lets see if it works for you...of course we'll have to wait til July to know!
                    Okay, tell me this. Are you verrry sleepy? I mean, even more so than normal for a preggie woman? Hardly any energy at all? Girls make you sleepy. Not sure why. Boys on the other hand are just the opposite and you feel very active and full of energy.
                    Guess the Nubbin!
                    Boy- 1
                    Girl-
                    Of course my vote is subject to change on hearing your answer.
                    Funny, coz I was more sleepy and lethargic with Tom then with Niki. I mean we even moved house and I worked overtime (10hrs a day!) for the first 6 months...mind you I didn't know I was pregnant for the first 5 months...but still, it never really changed me in any way like that. But with Tom, I was always tired. But I did have a beautiful, awesome, amazing little girl to take of at the time.
                    Guess the Nubbin!
                    Boy- 1
                    Girl- 1
                    Just to even it out...right now it's like Schrodinger's cat...it's both! Ok...maybe a bad example...but you get it right?
                    I can't wait til little bump makes an appearance.
                    Hey Lies...are you gonna post some baby bump pics later in the pregnancy? It's the one thing I wish I had done...taken pictures of my baby bump.
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Funny, coz I was more sleepy and lethargic with Tom then with Niki. I mean we even moved house and I worked overtime (10hrs a day!) for the first 6 months...mind you I didn't know I was pregnant for the first 5 months...but still, it never really changed me in any way like that. But with Tom, I was always tired. But I did have a beautiful, awesome, amazing little girl to take of at the time.
                      Heh, okay what do I know? And I thought that was the tried and true way of determining what it might be. Ah well. At least Nubbin knows what it is even if we're still unsure.

Comment

ultrasounds aren't perfectly clear pictures...and even a trained tech can mistake a shadow for little boy anatomy. or sometimes the youngn isn't positioned in a way that makes for a good pic
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

LOL!

[QUOTE]
                          A lot quieter Shy and self conscious... You guys saw the Neep that only my very close friends see
                          We feel honoured. I think.

That did make up for it a wee bit I was still horrified at myself though. Hehe, I don't know what was going through Amanda's mind but she did her best to make me feel better.
                          No need to feel horrified. Lots of people feel a bit overwhelmed at meeting AT even without lack of sleep and jetlag thrown into the mix. I think the only thing going through her mind was that you needed a hug. I had the same thought and was about to get up myself when she turned to me and said "I think that calls for a hug, don't you?". I think we all said yes.

My puppy is all registered and legal now. Yay! Has a little red tag on his collar to prove it
                          Good. I like it when things are legal.

Guess the Nubbin!

Boy- 1
                          Girl-2
                          You know, EH-T is a lovely name and it works for both a boy and a girl!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          ultrasounds aren't perfectly clear pictures...and even a trained tech can mistake a shadow for little boy anatomy. or sometimes the youngn isn't positioned in a way that makes for a good pic
                          You're right. I have friends in ultrasound and they don't like to say what the sex of the baby is because they cannot say with 100% certainty.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Yeah, I know. I'm planning on at least 2 ultrasounds, so hopefully it will be clear. But I know to not make the whole baby room either pink or blue .. lol.

I'm feeling really tired, but I don't know if it's more than normal for a pregnant woman ... this being my first time and all.

Lol EH-T, baby is going to have a very strange name if I'm going to name it everything people have suggested so far. None of them sound very dutch

Chelle, thanks for sharing that. I'm enjoying being pregnant, and relaxing for sure .. it took me some time, but all is well now.

Guess the Nubbin!
                            Boy- 1,5
                            Girl- 2,5

I'll stop turning this into a pregnancy thread now How long till AT5??
                            sigpic

Comment

from what i understand, being tired is normal. your body is growing to accommodate your tenant.

it's making more blood to support it, it's making the baby, growing cells, etc.

tiring work.

and i go with mama's instinct, it'll be a boy
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

from what i understand, being tired is normal. your body is growing to accommodate your tenant.

it's making more blood to support it, it's making the baby, growing cells, etc.

tiring work.

and i go with mama's instinct, it'll be a boy
                                If you look closely you'll see there's no mama's instinct yet ... I voted 0,5 on both

It's what I keep telling my husband ... I'm making a Nubbin baby, I need looooots of rest ... hehe.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X