GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    Best part though will be seeing you again Neep! Missed ya!

You know your not only going to be my most favoritest guide, but my partner in crime in all this outdoorsy goodness as well right? *blinks innocently*
    Totally. Bring it.
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      Poor Julia! But I don't think I'm quite ready for a countdown yet.
      Should I admit I'm counting down the hours in my head already?

I can't believe people are booking flights already! I am soooo not at that stage yet. Besides, hoping to have enough points to fly to Vancouver so still working on that (although Christmas helped a lot ).
      Seriously? We thought the earlier the better, pricewise

Yes, Jumble, you'll need money for important things like autographs with MW and photos with MW!
      Hmmmm. I wonder how many pics they'll let me have with him.........

Btw EH-T, I think where you quoted me is stretching the page

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
      Nice! A little ahead of me.

Hotel and spending money is after the flights....though I'll have my camping gear with me. Do you reckon they allow camping in Stanley park? That'd mean more spending money!
      You could always ask

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Should I admit I'm counting down the hours in my head already?
        LOL!

Seriously? We thought the earlier the better, pricewise
        I'm hoping to go on points so I need to replenish the ones I used for AT4.

Hmmmm. I wonder how many pics they'll let me have with him.........
        How much money do you have? I don't think they limit these things although I don't know for sure. The only con I've been to where you paid extra for pictures was the Creation event last April and I only bought one photo with AT and MS.

Btw EH-T, I think where you quoted me is stretching the page
        Hmmmm .... not on my computer.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

LOL!

I'm hoping to go on points so I need to replenish the ones I used for AT4.
          Points?

How much money do you have? I don't think they limit these things although I don't know for sure. The only con I've been to where you paid extra for pictures was the Creation event last April and I only bought one photo with AT and MS.
          I wood think there must be a limit to how much time they can spend on the photos........ maybe I should hope AT will be more popular and MW will have time on his hands

Hmmmm .... not on my computer.
          Weird!

Comment

Points?

Air Canada has a program called Aeroplan. You collect points for flights on Air Canada and their partner airlines. You can also collect points through affliated companies such as hotels, car rental agencies and a credit card. Once you collect enough points, you get a "free" flight. Not entirely free as you still have to pay taxes, airport improvement fees and fuel surcharges. The number of points you need depends on how far you are flying.

BTW, I just checked and I do have enough points for Vancouver already. The flight I was checking would get me in Friday afternoon. Other than registration, do we know if anything is planned for the Friday? Is the Meet and Greet Friday night? Or will this be like the Creation con I was at and some guests will be on Friday?

Comment

Air Canada has a program called Aeroplan. You collect points for flights on Air Canada and their partner airlines. You can also collect points through affliated companies such as hotels, car rental agencies and a credit card. Once you collect enough points, you get a "free" flight. Not entirely free as you still have to pay taxes, airport improvement fees and fuel surcharges. The number of points you need depends on how far you are flying.
              Ah, a bit like Airmiles then.

BTW, I just checked and I do have enough points for Vancouver already. The flight I was checking would get me in Friday afternoon. Other than registration, do we know if anything is planned for the Friday? Is the Meet and Greet Friday night? Or will this be like the Creation con I was at and some guests will be on Friday?
              I don't know, we've not got much of a schedule yet, but Saturday afternoon is the auction and Saturday night is 'Entertainment in the Main Hall', so presumably the Meet & Greet must be Friday night or on Sunday

Sarai and I will be arriving on the Wednesday evening so we'll have a day to get over the jet-lag and wander around a bit before SE actually starts

Comment

Yes. I'm getting in Wednesday afternoon as well to allow some time to recover from the travel before the con starts proper.

And to hopefully hang out a bit with peeps
                sigpic
                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Yes. I'm getting in Wednesday afternoon as well to allow some time to recover from the travel before the con starts proper.

And to hopefully hang out a bit with peeps
                  Cool! So we can expect you to be sitting in the bar with two large glasses of red wine waiting for us, huh?

We land at 18.35. Anyone know what's the best way to get from there to the Sheraton? Do they have a shuttle service, or are we looking at taxi fares?

Comment

Or snoring in a corner because my body clock thinks it's bedtime

I think the Sheraton has a shuttle. Last time I used the airporter bus, but I don't think that runs any more. Public transport is good and there is a train link from the airport to down town now that'll probably get you close and be a reasonable price. I love Vangroovys public transport.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Or snoring in a corner because my body clock thinks it's bedtime

I think the Sheraton has a shuttle. Last time I used the airporter bus, but I don't think that runs any more. Public transport is good and there is a train link from the airport to down town now that'll probably get you close and be a reasonable price. I love Vangroovys public transport.
                      Don't worry, we'll wake you up

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it

Vangroovy?

Comment

Vangroovy?
                        I know AT refers to Vancouver as Vangroovy. Not sure where it came from initially.

Comment

I know AT refers to Vancouver as Vangroovy. Not sure where it came from initially.
                          Ah. Well I guess as a Shippy Hippy I should adopt that one then

Comment

Ah. Well I guess as a Shippy Hippy I should adopt that one then
                            We refer to it as the "left coast" rather than the west coast. It is to the left as you look at a map of Canada and, more in the past than nowadays, it also referred to the politics of BC.

Comment

We land at 18.35. Anyone know what's the best way to get from there to the Sheraton? Do they have a shuttle service, or are we looking at taxi fares?
                              The Airporter's website says that it stopped September 30, 2009 but the canada line goes to/from the airport. For some reason I want to say that Burrard Station is going to be the closest but it has been a year since I was in Vancouver so I am not positive.

I am looking forward to seeing familiar vancouver sights while watching the Olympics.

Comment

Vangroovy?
                                I've heard it referred to as Vanctuary too. Reasons why are quite obvious I believe.

Not sure when I'll be getting in. Since I'll be on a whole other continent, I'm still plotting out that stage of my trip yet.

I have reservations at the Wall Centre too, but not sure if I'll even stay there for the duration. Along with the flight, my bro is able to set me with a room at the Hilton which I may choose instead. I loved staying in the Sheraton as it was the epicenter of all the fun, but a short walk for a free room is hard to pass up. Especially with all the fun I plan on having in New Zealand and Vancouver later on as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X