GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
    Antoa ... no stress about babygifts! Think about yourself first, baby has plenty of stuff already
    I won't! The little one (that I will give at the 'shower') can even be finished on the plane . The big one could probably even wait until AT5 if needed - it doesn't really have an age limit (I actually kinda want one myself!)

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      Antoa ... no stress about babygifts! Think about yourself first, baby has plenty of stuff already

I prefer to bring my own tea to foreign countries as well, especially because I don't like black tea, I bring lemon flavored green tea ... YUM. And healthy too.

The SE plans all sound sooo exciting. I was recently looking at photos of our trip to Vancouver and rereading the diary I kept. Gosh, that was all so much fun!!

Not that I'm not having fun now ... being *really* pregnant in *really* warm weather with *really* swollen fingers and feet ... hehe.
      Hopefully my water will break this sunday with the excitement of Holland in the worldcup finale!! Lol.
      Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      LOL but you don't want to miss the game becasue you are giving birth!
      LOL - that was my first thought as well!

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Last night I was telling my mum about the historic football rivalry between The Netherlands and Germany. She said, "I'm worried about this. You realise most normal people lost interest when New Zealand was out, right?"
      I hear ya Neep ... Canada didn't make it in at all, so everyone here was divided on their support. Most people went with whereever their family had emigrated from ... or had some other connection to. Of course, that way you also get people changing their alliances as the various countries get knocked out -- or you get people cheering for whomever is playing the best!
      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
      ames on facebook
      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I was kinda cheering for the US in the world cup.....just to annoy the crud out of all those countries where soccer is god
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

New Zealanders went crazy over our boys getting in. They didn't lose a game you know

Now everything is normal and we can focus on the rugby again. I'm even getting ads for it on Gateworld... Unfortunately a news team went to Auckland aquarium last night to check out our own octopus, and he picked South Africa. Obviously not as smart as Paul.
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            New Zealanders went crazy over our boys getting in. They didn't lose a game you know
            Have to admit, I was pretty proud of the Kiwi's getting in...in fact any country where soccer isn't as huge as it is in Europe...they all did well.
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

i always pick a team by the colors of their uniform. it helps when you know absolutely nothing about the sport.

this time 3 weeks from now i'll be snoring at the Wall ! Aaaaaaaaaaaah!

Comment

Anyone know if the costumes for the abnormal ball have to be from the show? The email says we can go as far or near as we like so long as we can describe our abnormality so I'm wondering if we can do something NOT from the show... Otherwise I'm farily screwed

Lovebar made by natz099
                My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Anything At AT4 some people got in for having webbed toes. Seriously.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

So, we have an SE/MTM meet-up dinner, baby shower and blue jello at the abby ball. Were we thinking of hosting the chocolate party as well like we've done for AT events in London? Or are we foregoing this for now?

Just asking as we have some chasing to do this morning (some SE related, some not) and I'll be able to swing by the chocolate factory I believe..or at the very least, pick up something from the local market that catches my eye.

Anyone know if the costumes for the abnormal ball have to be from the show? The email says we can go as far or near as we like so long as we can describe our abnormality so I'm wondering if we can do something NOT from the show... Otherwise I'm farily screwed.
                    Nope, anything goes! Mine is definitely not related to Sanctuary in any way, but to one of my other passions I've had for many, many years. Abnormal related, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                      So, we have an SE/MTM meet-up dinner, baby shower and blue jello at the abby ball. Were we thinking of hosting the chocolate party as well like we've done for AT events in London? Or are we foregoing this for now?

Just asking as we have some chasing to do this morning (some SE related, some not) and I'll be able to swing by the chocolate factory I believe..or at the very least, pick up something from the local market that catches my eye.
                      ... Chocolate you say? If you need any help with that..

Nope, anything goes! Mine is definitely not related to Sanctuary in any way, but to one of my other passions I've had for many, many years. Abnormal related, of course.
                      Sweet! Thanks for clearing that up. Can't wait to see everyone's costumes

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

anything goes at the abby ball....even an 'invisible' abnormality. In other words, you can come dressed normally and declare 'i'm an empath like Sophie in Nubbins' and you're fine. Dress up as much or as little as you want.

as to chocolate, I don't know. I don't know if there's time to actually do anything. I know at SE i'm going to be busy with my steward duties.

I wonder if the chocolate party should be an AT event 'tradition'?

Now if folks want to bring something to share, that's up to them and their luggage, or if someone wants to be the Mistress of the Chocolate and say 'During the abnormal's ball, bring chocolate to share' and see what happens, that's fine i'm sure. but I know at AT4, the G4 accommodated the chocolate exchange with a room, and I think it's too late for that.

If someone wants to be hostess during the abby ball (ie attend the ball for most of it's duration and have their table be the donation point/pickup point) then I doubt there'll be a problem with it since it's an individual thing and needs no G4 assistance or anything.

but someone would have to agree to be the hostess.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'll be busy with SE stuff too. But a table designated at the Abby ball for chocolate (as there will also be a spot for the jello) might work out better. Man, will we be on a sugar high then. No alcohol needed!

Comment

Y'all should take off your pants and dress as Neep.
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              anything goes at the abby ball....even an 'invisible' abnormality. In other words, you can come dressed normally and declare 'i'm an empath like Sophie in Nubbins' and you're fine. Dress up as much or as little as you want.
                              Emma the telepath was my backup plan lol.

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                                Yeah, I'll be busy with SE stuff too. But a table designated at the Abby ball for chocolate (as there will also be a spot for the jello) might work out better. Man, will we be on a sugar high then. No alcohol needed!
                                and use it as energy to stay awake

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X