Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    That poor flight crew.
    Brings back a memory of flying to Vancouver for a Gatecon. There were 38 of us on one flight! We called it the Gatecon Express. We had a lot of fun on that flight. Great memories of cons past...

Mumsey
    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
      They fly out of Detroit too. We could end up on the same flight.
      Happily I think that it is unlikely that flights coming from the east would have a stopover in my town but you never know!

As far as I am aware, events won't start until the Friday night (other than registration) so I'm debating how early to arrive on the Friday.

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
      Brings back a memory of flying to Vancouver for a Gatecon. There were 38 of us on one flight! We called it the Gatecon Express. We had a lot of fun on that flight. Great memories of cons past...

Mumsey
      That sounds like a lot of fun. Was the flight crew aware of that?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

on teh plane to my first gatecon, it was flown by Captain Hammond

got quite the chuckle out of that
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          on teh plane to my first gatecon, it was flown by Captain Hammond

got quite the chuckle out of that
          Ha! Did you ask him what he had done to be demoted?

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            As far as I am aware, events won't start until the Friday night (other than registration) so I'm debating how early to arrive on the Friday.
            I know Sky was talking about a group Samandan meet-up for dinner somewhere (Red Robin?) for those who were interested.

I think two dinners were tentatively planned being that not everyone would be going to both TSE and MTM though.

Was there any more info on this? I'd love to go as the casual get-togethers are one of the highlights for me with any con, but with my other awesome travel plans and the more strict arrivals/departures which I'll be making in the next day or two with flights, I'd hate to miss it. If we had a tentative date, I hopefully could work the flights in and out of Vancouver around it.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              That sounds like a lot of fun. Was the flight crew aware of that?
              The cabin crew latched on pretty quickly - as you can imagine. The flight was broken at Calgary, and we had a change of flight crew. Those of us going on to Vancouver had to stay on board and one wiseacre sitting with us in the front cabin was heard to admire the new pilot (who was *very* good looking). He heard it too, and his neck was a lovely shade of pink by the time he got to the cockpit!

Mumsey
              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

The cabin crew latched on pretty quickly - as you can imagine. The flight was broken at Calgary, and we had a change of flight crew. Those of us going on to Vancouver had to stay on board and one wiseacre sitting with us in the front cabin was heard to admire the new pilot (who was *very* good looking). He heard it too, and his neck was a lovely shade of pink by the time he got to the cockpit!

Mumsey
                Ah yes who could forget Dianes reaction. I can't remember what she said but it was basically what we were all thinking.... hubba hubba!!!
                Becks

Comment

i haven't made any plans beyond 'gee, we should get together'

dunno if red robin sounds good for both of them or if there is a second place.

Honestly, i haven't made many plans simply because it's 7 months away

there really won't be much to it beyond 'all samandans that want to come, meet here at this time, sure you can bring a friend' and then I let the place know that we have a group of such an such a number coming.

very casual, very relaxed, nothing really organized beyond place and time

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                    I know Sky was talking about a group Samandan meet-up for dinner somewhere (Red Robin?) for those who were interested.

I think two dinners were tentatively planned being that not everyone would be going to both TSE and MTM though.

Was there any more info on this? I'd love to go as the casual get-togethers are one of the highlights for me with any con, but with my other awesome travel plans and the more strict arrivals/departures which I'll be making in the next day or two with flights, I'd hate to miss it. If we had a tentative date, I hopefully could work the flights in and out of Vancouver around it.

there really won't be much to it beyond 'all samandans that want to come, meet here at this time, sure you can bring a friend' and then I let the place know that we have a group of such an such a number coming.

Is it still that far away?

It is pretty early to plan but my thought would be Sunday night. Generally cons are done early evening. It wouldn't work for those flying out right away but for those staying for both events or at least staying until Monday that may work best. I'm thinking a greater percentage of people would be staying Sunday night v. coming Thursday.

Mumsey
                    Was it Bec...

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                    Ah yes who could forget Dianes reaction. I can't remember what she said but it was basically what we were all thinking.... hubba hubba!!!
                    Becks
                    I guess not.

Comment

Okay, then I'll just have to wing it and hope the casualness of the meet-up still works out with all plans I have. If I make, I make it I suppose.

Comment

Sunday at Red Robin works for me as long as it's not too late as one of my party must eat at certain times....I'll have to check with the rest of the gang but I bet they will want to do it.......
                        sigpic

Comment

cel, i haven't even decided when i'm flying in yet or booked air fare. It looks like i'm going to be working right up until i fly out and I just haven't gotten that far.

What do you guys think about EH's idea to do it/them sunday nights? I kinda hesitate simply because I don't know when the con will be over and dont' want someone to miss their dinner simply because they're still waiting for their autos.

then again, this IS gabit and they don't tend to run over....much (ducks from Julia)

I know they don't have any schedules done - or done to the point of publicizing them.

maybe if one of the G4 has any idea of their TENTATIVE closing time for Sunday, then we can know if a sunday dinner is feasible.

if not, then we can at least pick a day to give folks something to plan around

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                            Sunday at Red Robin works for me as long as it's not too late as one of my party must eat at certain times....I'll have to check with the rest of the gang but I bet they will want to do it.......
                            You can always bring snacks for that certain someone. (oh, and for me )

Nice new sig BTW.

Comment

cel, i haven't even decided when i'm flying in yet or booked air fare. It looks like i'm going to be working right up until i fly out and I just haven't gotten that far.
                              I think the missing smiley might have misconstrued the meaning of what I was trying to say. I'm not upset. I was just saying. I can understand how some might not have flights set. Before I went to England, I stalled on flights up to almost two months before the date, trying to save up and figure when the best times to buy actually would be.

All I was saying was that I'll just wait and see how things work out. If we end up doing it on the Sunday after the con, that's fine and I'll try to work it into my the plans (and Gabits schedule it seems).

Comment

Sorry, been one of those days guys

but we can look for a day at least so folks can block out the time/have an idea

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X