GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    This sounds exactly like the book I'm reading which involves 'mindfulness' as a way of life.
    "Mindfullness"....is that what happens when you walk into a room and forget why you went in there? My mind is so full I can't remember the last thing that went into it !

If so, then I live with "mindfullness" ALL the time ! My mind is full, but I just forget to push the "save" button

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
      Canadians just chat when there are people around, whether anyone is listening or not. If they tried to hold all that friendliness in, they'd explode!

(

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
      Neep's story of the giant teddy bear reminded me....

My twin brother lives in Los Angeles and about five years ago he paid for us all to fly business class there and get picked up by a limo etc. It was a fantastic three week vacation. I adored my time in California...

On the way back, we got to LAX with the giant life sized talking ET which was nestled in my arms (bought at Universal Studios - one of those "must have it" moments ). The security peeps were VERY interested in it, and put it through the x-ray machine because of its voice box workings! LOL! That ET created soo many conversations at the airport and on the way home, and I was doing my best to be discreet, but hey what do you do with a life sized ET who's finger lights up and heart glows and says "ET phone home" and "I love you" whenever anyone prods it! Go with the flow and smile a lot....

(It's sitting looking at me in my study right now....)

And can I take this opportunity to wish every single past present and future Gabiteer a wonderful Christmas, a happy healthy and safe 2010 and to tell you how much we are all looking forward to seeing you at SE,MTM and AT5.

And as we move towards 2010, always remember this.

Always live in the present.

The past is ours to treasure in our memories or forget as we choose. The future is just that - the future. Beguiling but unpredictable.

So embrace today. Live it. Love it. Breathe in every single scent, every single sight, every single sound, of every single day.
      Appreciate those in your lives, and hold in your heart every second of every minute of every day, because those seconds and minutes are unique and yours alone and are the memories of your future. Make them good ones.

Julia
      G4
      Thought it was story about me for a sec then I saw it was actually ET!

Lovely sentiment Julia. Not always able to follow that but I do try.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Ah... is it wrong to harvest stamps from Christmas cards that aren't for you? Because there are a couple of envelopes for my sister sitting by the phone with little rectangles cut out of them. The cards themselves haven't been touched

I can say with certainty that this is not a badge-able offense.

Triple post but I'm missing everyone.

I think I'm going to watch Sanctuary and drink the Rock Star energy drink Chelle got me in Melbourne. Cos according to Amanda we are all rock stars!

btw, a year to the day since Grandma died.
      ((Neep))

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
      Just Popping in to wish all a very Happy Christmas and New Year!

Looking forward to seeing you all again real soon at AT5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best to all! Have a peaceful, safe and happy Christmas and New Year!

Shirt'n'Tie

(AKA Paul!)
      And to you and your lovely family.

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
      "Mindfullness"....is that what happens when you walk into a room and forget why you went in there? My mind is so full I can't remember the last thing that went into it !

If so, then I live with "mindfullness" ALL the time ! My mind is full, but I just forget to push the "save" button
      LOL! And ditto!

Sometimes when you see too much TV news, friends or family become ill or you see bad things happen to good people it is all too easy to become discouraged with humankind. One of the things I love about this time of year is that it reminds us of the inherent goodness of people. In the past few days I have had the joy of contributing to making others' Christmas a little brighter through a wonderful organisation called the Christmas Cheer Board, I have had the pleasure of receiving from our building's security guard a donation to the Christmas hamper we were preparing because he was paying forward a kindness and I have personally received Sanctuary DVDs from Trin (who some of you will know from SFA or Gabit) to replace the set that was stolen. In fact, I received many kind offers of recorded discs to tide me over or replacement DVDs from many in the online community. We often wish that the spirit of the season could be extended throughout the year and so here is my wish for you all: that the love, hope and kindness of this Christmas season be with you now and throughout the year to come. Merry Christmas!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I'm just popping in to say a HUGE HUGE thank you to everyone at GABIT and all the Gabiteers for all the love, fun and frivolity. I know that 2009 has been a challenging year for some of us, and one of celebration for others. AT4 was an amazing mix of people who came together and bought smiles and laughter to everyone. I feel very lucky and privileged to have had the pleasure in being able to attend the event and to have met so many wonderfully inspiring and fantastic people. Thank you so very much.
        Take care, stay safe and hug your loved ones.
        MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

(((Gabiteers)))
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS GABITEERS!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

I'm so looking forward to meeting many of you at SE

7 Months and 5 days! WooHooooood!!!!!!

Comment

Merry Christmas Gabiteers!!!
              Wishing all of you and yours the best this holiday season!
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Hope everyone has had a lovely, safe and peaceful Christmas with their loved ones.

All the best for the new year and I look forward to seeing a lot of you again in 2010.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I was at a Christmas party for my curling league and they were giving out a limited number of tickets to an upcoming curling event. However, you had to earn the tickets by singing a song or telling a joke. Told AT's joke and got me some tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    I was at a Christmas party for my curling league and they were giving out a limited number of tickets to an upcoming curling event. However, you had to earn the tickets by singing a song or telling a joke. Told AT's joke and got me some tickets!
                    Another thing to thank her for

Comment

Very cool!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Brilliant. Good to see the joke is being used for good as opposed to evil. Like American football tickets. Seriously, what is with all the padding? Scared they will get a boo boo?

That post made absolutely no sense, did it?
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Yay for lawyer jokes!
                          *giggles quietly in the corner*
                          But yes, one more thing in the long list of stuff for which to thank Amanda
                          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                          ames on facebook
                          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Brilliant. Good to see the joke is being used for good as opposed to evil. Like American football tickets. Seriously, what is with all the padding? Scared they will get a boo boo?

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/7504/hakarugby.jpg

I'm rather looking forward to the Super Bowl and surprise! I should have that day off work! What's better? My favorite team the Colts will be in it!

Neep, you sometimes make no sense at all, but I love you for it. *squeezes*

Comment

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/7504/hakarugby.jpg

Er .... no.

Comment

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year - hope 2010 is full of exciting, good things for you all. Hope to meet up with you during the year at some point.

All the best,

Alison

Comment

Working...
                                X