GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
    Thanks so much for the responses! Though I'm a little disappointed to hear that the next one probably won't be until 2014...

By then I'll hopefully be in Vancouver and WAY further away from the UK than I am now (in 2014 there'll be an ocean AND a continent between me and AT8?, not just an ocean...*sigh*)

Heh, I might have to look for a GW roomie to help save on money. On second thought, heck! I'll probably do that just for the fun of it!

Your timing is a bit off, eh? Moving to Vancouver after all the cons have stopped there. On the bright side, if there is ever another TSE, it would likely be in Vancouver.

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
    at least you got an autographed photo of him....with a drawing on it
    Yes, thanks to you. Still the worst drawing of a curling rock ever though.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post

Oh??? Do tell Lies.
    If she won't tell, I will.

Unless we keep quoting Mumseys post about her having blue jelly & icee cream & asking us to not tell Becky...I guess Becky could find out that way.

More hugs coming from down under to JuliaR - always. xoxo
    Right, so let's not keep referring to the fact that Mumsey was eating ice cream and blue jello. Mum's the word.

BTW, the use of the word "always" makes me think of Stargate because all the S/J shippers key on that word when it is said in Threads. On one thing AT signed for me she used the word and it made me laugh as it brought to mind all the S/J shippers.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

BTW, the use of the word "always" makes me think of Stargate because all the S/J shippers key on that word when it is said in Threads. On one thing AT signed for me she used the word and it made me laugh as it brought to mind all the S/J shippers.
      Oh, I must be a bad shipper, because that definitely wasn't my first thought when Martin signed my chairback 'Love Always'

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        If she won't tell, I will.
        Right, so let's not keep referring to the fact that Mumsey was eating ice cream and blue jello. Mum's the word.

I've grown to appreciate the word "always" as it means a lot to me. I'm not taking it from the show as I try to avoid those things but I guess I like the sentiment behind the word - it feels right.
        And yes, Mumsey is the word...no more mentioning of Mumsey eating blue jelly/jello with ice cream.

Oh and lets give Lies a chance to respond...if not, then we'll give you the floor!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          Oh, I must be a bad shipper, because that definitely wasn't my first thought when Martin signed my chairback 'Love Always'
          I guess you are a Martin fan first and a shipper second. I guess I am a bad AT fan as my reaction to her "my love to you always" was to think how the shippers would love the use of that word (and I'm only a wee bit of a shipper).

I've grown to appreciate the word "always" as it means a lot to me. I'm not taking it from the show as I try to avoid those things but I guess I like the sentiment behind the word - it feels right.
          And yes, Mumsey is the word...no more mentioning of Mumsey eating blue jelly/jello with ice cream.

Oh and lets give Lies a chance to respond...if not, then we'll give you the floor!!
          Right then, all agreed, no more mentioning of Mumsey and the infamous blue jello and ice cream incident.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
            Who's responsible for this poll? Do the votes really factor into what show get's renewed?

To me, it just seem a bit of a joke (not in the literal sense) created by some fan as there is a link to make your own at the bottom. If you click on the features link at the top, you can see all the other polls. One asking if we're 'Hungry for more Hunger Games' doesn't make believe this series renewal poll is anything more than just for fun, sort of the type you might find on FB.
            not a clue who's responsible, but if there is the slightest chance that some big shot from SYFY would see it and maybe it would have just the tiniest influence on him(or her) i will keep voting. although someone said that it was over according to a tweet from the guy that started it. i'll keep voting till i see that tweet. it's a matter of principal now. fringe is ahead by over 3000 at this time.

Comment

not a clue who's responsible, but if there is the slightest chance that some big shot from SYFY would see it and maybe it would have just the tiniest influence on him(or her) i will keep voting. although someone said that it was over according to a tweet from the guy that started it. i'll keep voting till i see that tweet. it's a matter of principal now. fringe is ahead by over 3000 at this time.

So where do you vote!??

Oh and EH-T can also talk about her 2nd visit to the set....I know because I went on that one!
              sigpic

Comment

Syfy hasn't canceled which means they are waiting for something. From what I understand, that something is an investor with at least 12mil willing to put into the show. Only then, I believe, will Syfy give an official notice of renewal.

You all have fun though!

Comment

It's really not that interesting ... lol.

Just that the whole periode before we knew for sure the settour was a go (long story) and before we knew we could talk about it with others ... that took aaaages. Was kinda difficult not to tell ...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                    It's really not that interesting ... lol.

Just that the whole periode before we knew for sure the settour was a go (long story) and before we knew we could talk about it with others ... that took aaaages. Was kinda difficult not to tell ...
                    Those weeks were agony! I think we found out the week of my birthday so we both had good birthday surprises that year

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      So where do you vote!??

Oh and EH-T can also talk about her 2nd visit to the set....I know because I went on that one!
                      http://www.cinemaspy.com/spotlight/w...nctuary-13157/

Comment

Thankyou children, for not telling Becky about my guilty little secret! I dare say I shall hear all about it when I see her at the weekend.

WRT the poll. I am suspicious of any poll where you can vote more than once. It is open to serious abuse and does not really show the true interest in any one show. Ballot stuffing is too easy.

Mumsey
                        (with another blue tongue - but DTB!)
                        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                          Thankyou children, for not telling Becky about my guilty little secret! I dare say I shall hear all about it when I see her at the weekend.

WRT the poll. I am suspicious of any poll where you can vote more than once. It is open to serious abuse and does not really show the true interest in any one show. Ballot stuffing is too easy.

Mumsey
                          (with another blue tongue - but DTB!)
                          It wouldn't let me vote twice - I tried

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                            Must be you! Just to prove a point, I went and voted three times and it accepted. I didn't even go off the page...

Mumsey
                            (Silver surfer extraordinaire! )
                            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                              Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                              Must be you! Just to prove a point, I went and voted three times and it accepted. I didn't even go off the page...

Mumsey
                              (Silver surfer extraordinaire! )
                              All it takes is clearing cookies or voting on multiple devices. Easy.

Comment

I always try and vote more than once - v simple accuracy test - though apparently not for moi on this occasion.

Interestingly (or not, depending on your attitude), every set of Fan Fiction Awards I ever heard of for Stargate let ya vote multiple times... I always look Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X