No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we have any more confirmed guests for SE yet? Last I saw it was Martin, Amanda and Damian.

*iz hoping for Ryan*

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      Yeah....spending over 20 hours on a plane is gonna be a pain in the butt!!! I know that when I leave Germany, I leave on a Friday night and land in Melbourne on the Sunday morning! I hope I can sleep most of the ride home!
      Yikes! 20 and 24 hours in a plane? And I thought my 8 hrs in the air was much too long.

My advice, bring LOTS of distractions.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      My 22nd birthday will be the first I have spent away from home. Even when I lived away from home I still woke up in my parents house on the morning of my birthdays. This year I will be as far away as I could possibly be and still be on the planet.
      Woo.. Party time!

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
      Indeed she will.

Julia
      G4
      Sweeet!

Originally posted by ames View Post
      I'm starting to think about planning my UK trip now ... the antipation is definitely beginning to build *bounces* But first - lil sis' slightly unusual baby shower (gotta love a mom-to-be with severe personal space issues - she's 7.5 months along, and I've yet to get to put my hand on the belly... :/ But - it is her body, and unlike some people who assume if they see a pregnant woman, they've got some unwritten right to feel for the baby, I'm trying to respect her wishes. Kinda sucks missing out on that though ... ah well, I'm sure I'll get to hold my niece/nephew oodles once s/he is born!)
      Your only starting to think about it now....?! After all the times I've asked you how your plotting for England was going?

I'm nearly done with all mine. Just need to book the London Eye (which I'm waiting confirmation on a time yet), print out all pertinent confirmation documents (ie hostel, train/bus bookings) and of course think about what to pack.

Just 17 days left for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
        Hi Guys!!

Does anyone know if the wonderful, talented and utterly beguiling Thomasina will be at AT4???

Best to all

S'n'T
        Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
        Indeed she will.

Julia
        G4
        Excellent. She is very sweet.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Do we have any more confirmed guests for SE yet? Last I saw it was Martin, Amanda and Damian.

*iz hoping for Ryan*
        I think the G4 have their hands full at the moment. I wouldn't expect any more info until they've had a chance to recover from AT4.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          I think the G4 have their hands full at the moment. I wouldn't expect any more info until they've had a chance to recover from AT4.
          Okey dokey, thanks

Comment

A few of us are busy planning for our trip to London and discussing the JtR tour. It's still a go right? Everyone who wants to, just shows up? The link to the site and the list below.

Jack the Ripper tour (wednesday, november 11, 7.30 pm, £7.00)

Definitely want to go:
            Neep
            Chelle
            Annelies (SamJackShipLover)
            Master Bray Tack
            bikerchic1977
            ~Sarah~
            EH-T
            Celandine

Maybe:
            Ames

Here's some important/useful information from the site:
            - The Jack the Ripper Walk goes at 7.30 pm from Tower HillTube.
            - The tour will not leave before 7.30 pm. Please make absolutely certain that it's London Walks that you get hooked up with. Never set out with anyone - or part with your money - until you're certain it is the bona fide London Walks guide you're with.
            - You don't need to get there wildly early. The guides never start the walk on the dot of the listed starting time. They will always allow at least a five minute "period of grace"...and sometimes it's more like 8-10 minutes.
            - The guide will be standing on the pavement ("sidewalk" in American parlance) immediately outside the exit of the designated TubeStop. So the important thing is that you have to emerge out of the station...the guide's not going to be inside the station down on the platform meeting the tube train as it pulls into the station. You have to emerge from the station. But just as soon as you set foot out of the station you'll spot the guide. He or she will be holding up the distinctive white London Walks leaflet. And chances are they'll be sporting the very stylish little London Walks badge. And of course once the group starts to form up, it's dead easy to spot the guide - he or she is the person in the middle of the group handing out London Walks leaflets and making change.
            - You can calculate how long a tube journey in central London is going to take by using what Londoners call "the three minute rule". I.E., simply allow an average of three minutes between stations. So if, e.g., you're travelling to Tower HillTube Stop from, say, Gloucester RoadTube Stop...well, Gloucester Road is 12 stops away from Tower Hill...so 3 x 12 = 36. That journey is going to take 36 minutes give or take a minute or so.
            sigpic

Comment

What she said!

Julia
              G4
              To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                But con crud is a tradition! All those germs getting together from so many different places all around the world...

Don't remind me I got sick from the person sitting next me at AT3 for the rest of our vacation

*but at least I had good drugs to treat it*
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Haha, it will be a few weeks early but I would love to celebrate my birthday with you guys!
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

32 days to go until AT4!!!!!

290 days to go until the Sanctuary experience!!!!!

299 days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                      My 22nd birthday will be the first I have spent away from home. Even when I lived away from home I still woke up in my parents house on the morning of my birthdays. This year I will be as far away as I could possibly be and still be on the planet.
                      My daughter will celebrate her 17th birthday when I'm in Holland with Lies...this will be the second time I have not been with her on her birthday...the first being when she went away to camp in grade three...she turned 9 that year.
                      Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                      Yikes! 20 and 24 hours in a plane? And I thought my 8 hrs in the air was much too long.
                      My advice, bring LOTS of distractions.
                      Just 17 days left for me!
                      I'll have my mum and 2 brothers to distract me on the way to Germany...on the way home, I suspect I will be either too tired to care or maybe Ill read a new book!!
                      Just 7 days til take off for me...this time next week I shall be in the departure lounge...hopefully not hyperventilating!!!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        Don't remind me I got sick from the person sitting next me at AT3 for the rest of our vacation

Poor thing. You were practically sitting on Jan's lap during the Q&A's. At least it prevented you both from playing with that pea-shooter. Ooh! Which reminds me...
                        sigpic

Comment

Was that Jan?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Was that Jan?
                            no, this is the one and only time you will ever see me type....

Jan was innocent

It was the person on the other side of me, who was also coughing at the back of PengYn's head
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

no, this is the one and only time you will ever see me type....

Jan was innocent

It was the person on the other side of me, who was also coughing at the back of PengYn's head
                              Now why do I feel this urge to circle today on the calendar as a momentuous occasion? LOL *ducks*
                              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                              ames on facebook
                              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Hey, is anyone keen to head to Austria? I really want to go to Salzburg and take the Sound of Music tour after the con and it would be awesome if I had a tour buddy
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X