No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge HUGE congratulations to Amanda for her Leo win!!

I'll be back tomorrow to catch up on posts....
    Happy Mothers Day mums!!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I'll echo Chelle's congrats to Amanda on her well deserved Leo win. The Leos are not televised nationally in Canada (probably because it conflicts with the hockey playoffs ) and I don't think they are televised in B.C. either. However, in the past we have seen snipets of it on You Tube or some such. If it is taped for any reason, would it be possible to show it at Gabit ? (For those who haven't been, they show various things on screen when photos/autos are being done, last time we had the webisodes and Breakdown)

Sorry, G4, don't mean to add to your workload. Just wondering.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

If the Leos are not possible I would be quit happy to watch Breakdown again and again ...
        sigpic

Comment

Just heard that AT canceled Collectormania in MK in June. Am wondering if the new movie role was the reason for the cancellation or if it was something else. If not, then I wonder what the chances are that she might cancel Gabit as well? Not sure when the movie begins filming, but I can understand why she would feel she might need to postpone conventions. This movie is a chance for her to break out of the scifi stereotype casting and venture into new territory. Its a well deserved chance for her, but I will be sorry if she does feel the need to cancel this year.

Comment

She talked about the new movie in the GW interview and she said it was filming (I think) in late summer / fall. After that will come filming of the SG1 movie of which she said "praying that it works out with gabit" ... or something like that. I don't think anyone can say anything at this point about the chances she will have to cancel gabit .. I'm sure she will do everything she can to not cancel it though.

I assume she cancelled Collectormania because of filming Sanctuary.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
              Just heard that AT canceled Collectormania in MK in June. Am wondering if the new movie role was the reason for the cancellation or if it was something else. If not, then I wonder what the chances are that she might cancel Gabit as well? Not sure when the movie begins filming, but I can understand why she would feel she might need to postpone conventions. This movie is a chance for her to break out of the scifi stereotype casting and venture into new territory. Its a well deserved chance for her, but I will be sorry if she does feel the need to cancel this year.
              Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
              She talked about the new movie in the GW interview and she said it was filming (I think) in late summer / fall. After that will come filming of the SG1 movie of which she said "praying that it works out with gabit" ... or something like that. I don't think anyone can say anything at this point about the chances she will have to cancel gabit .. I'm sure she will do everything she can to not cancel it though.

Sanctuary is filming until July so it would not be because of the movie. The poor woman is busy enough wearing so many hats at Sanctuary this year there is no way she could do a movie at the same time. As SJSL said, according to the GW interview, the movie is later this year. I know I asked a question on the Sam thread about how things are handled if the convention were to be cancelled/postponed but I just wanted to know how things worked in the past. I'm sorry I brought it up if it is causing folks to worry. I really think it is too early to be speculating about such things.

CM is a huge event with lots of guests, right? AT is obviously dependent on AT so I agree with SJSL, AT would do whatever was possible to make sure she was there.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

EH-T don't worry, the worry is because she has just cancelled another event. So, it's to be expected that people think about gabit now. And yep ... too early to worry
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                  Huge HUGE congratulations to Amanda for her Leo win!!

I'll be back tomorrow to catch up on posts....
                  Happy Mothers Day mums!!!
                  Chelle borrowing your post to say a great huge ditto!!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    Sanctuary is filming until July so it would not be because of the movie. The poor woman is busy enough wearing so many hats at Sanctuary this year there is no way she could do a movie at the same time. As SJSL said, according to the GW interview, the movie is later this year. I know I asked a question on the Sam thread about how things are handled if the convention were to be cancelled/postponed but I just wanted to know how things worked in the past. I'm sorry I brought it up if it is causing folks to worry. I really think it is too early to be speculating about such things.

CM is a huge event with lots of guests, right? AT is obviously dependent on AT so I agree with SJSL, AT would do whatever was possible to make sure she was there.
                    Thanks for clearing that up. I wasnt sure when her Sanctuary filming would end and the new movie actually began. Sounds like she then has a good block in the middle there (July/August) with not too much to do which I hope stays that way. Just thinking ahead to the other convention I have tickets for which, going on this, I think is safe. Hope so, cos I actually have more invested in this one than Gabit atm.

I'm not yet worried about Gabit as from what I heard, if AT absolutely *has* to cancel, tickets we bought for the con would just be transferred to the latter date that the G4 deems a better time for AT with her schedule.

I have yet to buy airfare or purchase tickets for any public transportation that I was thinking of buying ahead of time. So if AT has to cancel this one, I do hope an announcement comes more now than so close to the date later. With so many peeps coming from overseas, it would just make things easier financially for us all.

Comment

it's possible that the style of collectormania made it an easy one to cancel. There's no admission cost for attendees, so no one is 'out' hundreds of dollars for a ticket. she's not the only guest, and someone has already been booked to replace her, and really, the only one that's 'out' (other than the fans that will be disappointed) is amanda herself, who loses whatever fee she was charging for her performance.

that probably made it an easy one to cancel. and she canceled with a lot of notice, so that they could book someone else.

my personal feeling is, she'll do all she can to NOT have to cancel gabit. Because the stakes are higher. there's 300ish people, some booking international air fare to be there. Not only that, the hearing dogs people are depending on her. I think she'll do all she can to avoid letting them down.

My gut feeling is she will do all she can to keep the date. and if she has to postpone, it'll be for a danged good reason.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Makes sense. I'm just hoping the 'danged good reason' if she has to cancel/postpone Gabit is given with a few more months notice than CM15 was.

Comment

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

According to AT's website, Amanda cancelled her appearance at Collectormania as she will be directing Sanctuary - hope all goes well for her.

Comment

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm sure that last time I was in here the countdown was a lot higher than it is now...where has the time gone??? I'm anxiously awaiting my passport to arrive in the mail...should be this week!!
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X