No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neep, I have my room booked from that Wednesday night, so depending on what my roomate is doing, if she won't be there for that night, you are more than welcome...
    PM me if you're interested....
    I would be up for a bit of sightseeing.... if those sightseeing don't mind me tagging along...
    sigpic
    awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Oh, sweet.

If you want to do some sight seeing after AT4, I'm up for it

I will be setting a few days aside for museums and galleries too, if anyone is keen.
      I actually have yet to hit the museums and galleries there yet, so that would be cool. I'd like to do the sunset Stonehenge tour too.

Anyone have any suggestions for a reasonable hotel in London? I am too old for hostels I've decided.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
        Neep, I have my room booked from that Wednesday night, so depending on what my roomate is doing, if she won't be there for that night, you are more than welcome...
        I would be up for a bit of sightseeing.... if those sightseeing don't mind me tagging along...
        Awesome! Let me know what your roomate is doing
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
          I actually have yet to hit the museums and galleries there yet, so that would be cool. I'd like to do the sunset Stonehenge tour too.

Anyone have any suggestions for a reasonable hotel in London? I am too old for hostels I've decided.
          Yay! National Gallery, Natural History Museum... what else? I think my sister has a list of free ones, will have a look tonight. Arrgh!
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

There's basically a hotel row near Paddington station. We've stayed at a couple of hotels over there. The Days Inn last time, about two blocks from Paddington. There's pubs and restaurants near by. Very small rooms, but clean. Nice people and good service.
            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
            Anon

Comment

So, in the correct thread this time.

Heeee! I had some time to kill this morning between my flu jab and uni...

So I booked and paid for my airfares! Heeee! It's all looking very real!

I'm arriving at Heathrow on at 13.30 Wednesday November 11th. A couple of questions- does anyone need a roomie for a few nights before Gabit, either at the Ren or somewhere else? And who wants to hang out?

I'm going to do some wandering for a month or so.. need to be back in London December 15th for my flight home, with a stop over in Melbourne. I could only get one day (2 nights) in Melbourne without the fare increasing in a huge way... Chelle, do you know if you are working Thursday 17th December?

Home on the 18th at 3pm. Tracy, thanks for the Christmas offer but I decided should be at home for Christmas- one year since Grandma died and all that.

I'm so excited I could explode, and I'm supposed to be studying.

Hey Julia- need some extra bounce!?
              WTG on getting flights Neep!! And of course extra bounce is always good! *bounces*

OK I best bounce off to college now, will be back later to bounce some more. Hehe!

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I want to do some sightseeing on Thursday and Friday without a problem!! I'll be arriving rather early on Thursday...

And Neep you are always welcome to crash at my place if you are doing Belgium... I am sure the other AT fangirls from Belgium will have a great deal of fun meeting you.... they are as crazy as you

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                    I want to do some sightseeing on Thursday and Friday without a problem!! I'll be arriving rather early on Thursday...

And Neep you are always welcome to crash at my place if you are doing Belgium... I am sure the other AT fangirls from Belgium will have a great deal of fun meeting you.... they are as crazy as you
                    Yay! *bounce*

Eve, I'm checking out Eurail passes. I'm thinking Ireland-Belgium-Germany-Czech.

24 hours on plane each way, not counting the flight from Melbourne to Wellington. Woah.
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Just had a thought... what happens when Julia and I are on the same continent and our bouncing doesn't cancel each others out anymore? Will the Earth be skewed off it's axis?

Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

So, in the correct thread this time.
                        Heeee! I had some time to kill this morning between my flu jab and uni...
                        So I booked and paid for my airfares! Heeee! It's all looking very real!
                        I'm arriving at Heathrow on at 13.30 Wednesday November 11th. A couple of questions- does anyone need a roomie for a few nights before Gabit, either at the Ren or somewhere else? And who wants to hang out?
                        I'm going to do some wandering for a month or so.. need to be back in London December 15th for my flight home, with a stop over in Melbourne. I could only get one day (2 nights) in Melbourne without the fare increasing in a huge way... Chelle, do you know if you are working Thursday 17th December?
                        Home on the 18th at 3pm. Tracy, thanks for the Christmas offer but I decided should be at home for Christmas- one year since Grandma died and all that.
                        I'm so excited I could explode, and I'm supposed to be studying.
                        Hey Julia- need some extra bounce!?
                        Actually Neep...I've managed to pre organise a time to meet with Lies and arrive in London on the Monday before the big weekend. We want to see some sights before AT4 and try to take things easier on the Friday given that the weekend is likely to be pretty full on. I don't plan on making myself ill from exhaustion! I'll keep you appraised. Maybe you can join us.
                        I still have to email Eve and find out if I can meet up with her in Belgium either before or after the event.
                        As for the 17th...I'm not working!!! I have the 17th and 18th off...so we can make plans if you want!!!! You'll be staying with me, yes???
                        Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
                        Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Holy buckets!!! Less the 200 days to go!!! *head rush*
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by seren lwch (mal) View Post
                          days to go until at4!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Woo Hoo!!! That's great to see!! Except for the G4 probably lol.

*hugs the G4*

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          Actually Neep...I've managed to pre organise a time to meet with Lies and arrive in London on the Monday before the big weekend. We want to see some sights before AT4 and try to take things easier on the Friday given that the weekend is likely to be pretty full on. I don't plan on making myself ill from exhaustion! I'll keep you appraised. Maybe you can join us.
                          Chelle ... I'm happy we started making plans

We plan to get to the Ren on thursday .. so we can take things easy. Seems like a whole group of people will already be there on thursday ... the first step to the AT4 week

EDIT: I just changed the reservation for the hotelroom from friday to thursday and the price per night stayed the same. So I guess cheaper rooms are still available ...
                          Last edited by SamJackShipLover; 28 April 2009, 02:53 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            I still have to email Eve and find out if I can meet up with her in Belgium either before or after the event.
                            As for the 17th...I'm not working!!! I have the 17th and 18th off...so we can make plans if you want!!!! You'll be staying with me, yes???

Holy buckets!!! Less the 200 days to go!!! *head rush*
                            oooh, going to make myself sick with excitement! I officially claim the 17th as ours! It would be awesome if I could stay with you! How far are you from the airport? Uh... just looked it up and you're the opposite side of the city and more. Darn.
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Just had a thought... what happens when Julia and I are on the same continent and our bouncing doesn't cancel each others out anymore? Will the Earth be skewed off it's axis?

Don't know but won't it be cool finding out. I've been looking at train times to London. *Bounce bounce*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Hey Neep, I booked the room from Thursday until Monday, so you'd only need a place to stay for one night before the con.

And Yay for booking flights! I still need to figure out when I am going to be there. I figure I'll fly in Thursday afternoon, but no clue how long after I am going to stay. Probably at least until Wednesday or Thursday...
                                Oh, sweet.

If you want to do some sight seeing after AT4, I'm up for it

I will be setting a few days aside for museums and galleries too, if anyone is keen.
                                Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                                Woo Hoo!!! That's great to see!! Except for the G4 probably lol.

*hugs the G4*

Chelle ... I'm happy we started making plans

We plan to get to the Ren on thursday .. so we can take things easy. Seems like a whole group of people will already be there on thursday ... the first step to the AT4 week

EDIT: I just changed the reservation for the hotelroom from friday to thursday and the price per night stayed the same. So I guess cheaper rooms are still available ...

I haven't booked any flights but likely getting there Thursday and staying around a few days after the con. I'm in for the sightseeing.

Yes, antoa, you now are officially too old for hostels.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X