Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    I think

antarctic is the region that it is. Such as 'the antarctic' and 'the arctic' while antarctica is the continent itself.

so antarctic is a zone, antarctica is a place....if that makes any sense (kinda like europe vs france)
    I just try to remember that the one in the south has the penguins and the one in the north has the polar bears
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      I just try to remember that the one in the south has the penguins and the one in the north has the polar bears
      And never the twain shall meet...well that is what the wildlife officer told us in Tassie when we went to see the penguins come in from sea...the best penguin march I've seen...so much better than Phillip Island. Just sayin.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        2) it's an American thing - Sam doesn't say the c because in American English it isn't pronounced
        I pronounce the 'c' in Antarctica about 90% of the time, I only drop it intentionally when I'm striving for informality. But I've been told I talk funny.

Neep... best remedy I've ever seen for pimples: Daily exercise hard enough to work up a sweat. I've heard lots of theories about why, none of which have been explained to my satisfaction but I figure it has been proven to stave off heart disease and other unpleasantness, so I haven't tried that hard to find out why it works.

Comment

That sounds like so much wooork. Will concealer work as well?
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

All right - very confusing! However, enough is enough -

The "Arctic" is at the north end of the world and the "Antarctica" is at the south end. It if you prefer, the "Arctic pole" or the "Antarctica pole" and never the two shall meet - or we would be a very squashed and flat planet

Now enough of this nonsense.....on to more important stuff: like why can't I get TimTams in the US grocery stores?
            Last edited by llp; 24 September 2011, 11:04 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post

Now enough of this nonsense.....on to more important stuff: like why can't I get TimTams in the US grocery stores?
              mmmm, Timtams...my son-in-law from Melbourne introduced us to them. No, not available here. Very sad.
              sigpic

Comment

nitpick, arctic POLE not POLL

and itd be nice if we could get timtams here....course up to a couple of years ago you couldn't get nutella here, now it's all over the place.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

You couldn't get nutella!?
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

deprived, that's what we are
                    sigpic

Comment

...but aren't Timtams pretty much Penguin bars..??

Comment

Originally posted by aerogoddess View Post
                        ...but aren't Timtams pretty much Penguin bars..??
                        Similar, but noooo.
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I think that TimTams are sweeter than any other cookie/biscuit I've ever tasted
                          sigpic

Comment

Timtams....yum

I miss the days when I used to visit the little German bakery when I lived in Germany years ago. All kinds of German made pastries and chocolates.....

Comment

timtams are available on amazon.com. dark chocolate is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                                All right - very confusing! However, enough is enough -
                                The "Artic" is at the north end of the world and the "Antartic" is at the south end. It if you prefer, the "artic poll" or the "antartic poll" and never the two shall meet - or we would be a very squashed and flat planet
                                You forgot your "c" in Arctic & Antarctic!

Have you been able to get Tim Tams in the US stores previously? I could always send you some "real" Tim Tams if you like. Have heard from lots of people that the Tim Tams overseas are not made here in Australia and that taste very different...anyone up for a taste comparisson test?
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X