Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ames View Post
    Jello doesn't take more planning persay, just slightly more prep time
    So far there's at least two rooms in which we can use fridge-space ... the more fridge-space we have, the more jello we can share!!
    Volunteering my theoretical fridge....
    If they're in the rooms, you can totally use mine
    sigpic
    awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
      Julia,

Spoiler:
      As usual that was a very diplomatic and eloquent piece of writing, particularly given the pressures that you, personally and as a team, have been put under over the last few days.

It is great news that so many people have been able to get tickets due to duplicate registrations - I'm sure you've made quite a few people's day!

I just want to say publicly, and I know that there are several people who will agree when I say this, a huge thank you not only for your hard work and amazing organisational skills, but for the patience and kindness with which you have dealt with the various trials of the last few days. You're a better woman than me!

I also want to disagree (Very slightly) with a few comments that I have seen. Not because I disagree with the fact that Amanda has a growing fanbase, or that she has touched so many lives, or that Sanctuary has had a positive effect on ticket sales. The reason I disagree is because I don't believe this is the *sole* reason for the sell out. I truly believe that it is not only a testament to Amanda, but also to your skills as convention organisers.

The reputation that Gabit has forged over the past few years is one of an excellent convention which is run fairly, treating fans as people and not cattle, treating Amanda as a person and not a star, and treating everyone equally as friends. It is an event where we get to have fun, yet we're safe in the knowledge that things will run smoothly (and you will never have problems getting Christopher Lee off stage).

I just sincerely hope that this reputation is never tarnished or damaged by unfounded accusations, because in this world, sadly but truly, the voice of the negative always sings above that of the positive.

So once more, for the record, thank you.

Tracy xx
      What she said!
      Totally concur!

That was well said!
      sigpic

Comment

Note to self: make sure we have different sized containers for shots versus tasters, so no one gets an unexpected surprise
        Yeah, that would totally suck.

Imagine knocking back a shot to find it had no alcohol in it.
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          Yeah, that would totally suck.

Imagine knocking back a shot to find it had no alcohol in it.
          Yep. My rommie rules.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
            Yep. My rommie rules.
            Yes, she does! And I like how she thinks... LOL
            Congrats on the 2500 post milestone btw
            ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
            ames on facebook
            ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Just watched Sanctuary Revelations 2...

Spoiler:
              We really need to take our pants off.
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                Just watched Sanctuary Revelations 2...

Spoiler:
                We really need to take our pants off.
                Spoiler:
                What, right now?

ames on facebook

Comment

Spoiler:
                  What, right now?
                  At Gabit. Just saying.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

LOL - just checking Neep

ames on facebook

Comment

*gigglesnort*
                      That is too funny....
                      sigpic

Comment

Thank you Julia and G4 And Tracy Jane too ... I totally agree!

I've seen lots of happy people who got offered a ticket in the end. Yay!
                        sigpic

Comment

volunteering my fridge as well (if i get one this year) for any jello making.. not sure who's coming w/ me but they'll just have to deal with it.. lol..

i'm easy, we can do malibu AND vodka versions.. see i have this lovely little recipe booklet of tons of jello and pudding shots.. i usually use little 1 oz cups with labeled lids. makes deciding what you want easier.. lol..

as to alcohol in the lobby, i know it's not an issue around here unless you try to bring your drink outside.. here in NJ even then some towns don't care but some are very strict about it.. not sure about london tho.. must remember make an anonymous call to the ren when i get back to work on thursday..

Comment

311 Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                              Julia,

Spoiler:
                              As usual that was a very diplomatic and eloquent piece of writing, particularly given the pressures that you, personally and as a team, have been put under over the last few days.

It is great news that so many people have been able to get tickets due to duplicate registrations - I'm sure you've made quite a few people's day!

I just want to say publicly, and I know that there are several people who will agree when I say this, a huge thank you not only for your hard work and amazing organisational skills, but for the patience and kindness with which you have dealt with the various trials of the last few days. You're a better woman than me!

I also want to disagree (Very slightly) with a few comments that I have seen. Not because I disagree with the fact that Amanda has a growing fanbase, or that she has touched so many lives, or that Sanctuary has had a positive effect on ticket sales. The reason I disagree is because I don't believe this is the *sole* reason for the sell out. I truly believe that it is not only a testament to Amanda, but also to your skills as convention organisers.

The reputation that Gabit has forged over the past few years is one of an excellent convention which is run fairly, treating fans as people and not cattle, treating Amanda as a person and not a star, and treating everyone equally as friends. It is an event where we get to have fun, yet we're safe in the knowledge that things will run smoothly (and you will never have problems getting Christopher Lee off stage).

I just sincerely hope that this reputation is never tarnished or damaged by unfounded accusations, because in this world, sadly but truly, the voice of the negative always sings above that of the positive.

So once more, for the record, thank you.

Tracy xx
                              What she said *nods* Tracy is eloquent as always and very right *g*

If we do do alcohol in the Jello can it be really clearly marked? I don't like alcohol that sneaks up on me.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Oh dear Lord.... if you think I suffer after alkyhole, you should meet my lightweight roomie. Jello shots might be a problem with her involved.
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X