No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh I forgot to share a story I meant to, so now I shall.

During the training I was doing last week we had to empty our pockets and remove all jewellry etc so we could practice restraint techniques on each other as safely as possible. I chucked my car keys onto the table and got on with it. Then we had a break and when I came back some of my colleagues had picked up my keys and were admiring my keyring from AT3.

Their comments were all along the lines of 'she's really pretty,' 'that's a really good picture' and 'thats a cool keyring'. It made me happy the keyring is very cool.
    sigpic
    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMNT FROM GABIT:
      --------------------------------------------------
      For every fan who is thinking of coming to AT4 alone but is worried about it - worry no more! A new group "Amanda's fans alone (but not for long)" is about to start, headed up by our Staff member who is the Attendee Liaison, Liesl Bland, and helped by my trusty assistant, Jenn Scheffler.

I'm setting up a new group on the Gabit forum shortly (www.gabitevents.co.uk), under the AT4 category, which will enable people who are coming to AT4 alone to meet up and chat, arrange roomies if necessary, and get to know one another. Liesl and Jenn will be on hand to answer any questions.

A big factor in joining this thread and emailing Liesl on the address which will be given there, is that you will be automatically invited to a group get-together on the morning of Friday 13th November 2009 at AT4 in the hotel foyer/bar with Liesl and Jenn, to actually get to know those who you have been talking to online and those who haven't been online but are travelling alone. So when the event starts, you'll already have friends!

I hope this new group will calm some worries and butterflies about attending one of our Events alone. One thing you'll soon find out - you're never alone at an AT Event!

Julia - G4
      Chairman, Guest Services Director
      GABIT Events Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
        For every fan who is thinking of coming to AT4 alone but is worried about it - worry no more! A new group "Amanda's fans alone (but not for long)" is about to start, headed up by our Staff member who is the Attendee Liaison, Liesl Bland, and helped by my trusty assistant, Jenn Scheffler.

I'm setting up a new group on the Gabit forum shortly (www.gabitevents.co.uk), under the AT4 category, which will enable people who are coming to AT4 alone to meet up and chat, arrange roomies if necessary, and get to know one another. Liesl and Jenn will be on hand to answer any questions.

A big factor in joining this thread and emailing Liesl on the address which will be given there, is that you will be automatically invited to a group get-together on the morning of Friday 13th November 2009 at AT4 in the hotel foyer/bar with Liesl and Jenn, to actually get to know those who you have been talking to online and those who haven't been online but are travelling alone. So when the event starts, you'll already have friends!

I hope this new group will calm some worries and butterflies about attending one of our Events alone. One thing you'll soon find out - you're never alone at an AT Event!

Julia - G4
        GABIT Events Ltd
        I attended the last Gabit event on my own and had no worries but I think this is a great idea nonethless. Although all the staff and attendees are friendly, it can still be intimidating to some to meet new people. Excellent idea!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Agreed. I know who I'll be hanging out with already, but that's a really good idea. It's something that can only be done properly at a convention of this size.

Comment

Amanda?

sorry couldn't resist darlin!
            sigpic
            awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Touche'.

Tis quite alright.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                I attended the last Gabit event on my own and had no worries but I think this is a great idea nonethless. Although all the staff and attendees are friendly, it can still be intimidating to some to meet new people. Excellent idea!
                That's because YOU did the intimidating.
                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                  That's because YOU did the intimidating.
                  I think the first time EH-T and I met, was in lobby glaring at your T-shirt
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                    Touche'.

Tis quite alright.
                    *giggle* thought you'd like that

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    Wait what was with the T-Shirt?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                      *giggle* thought you'd like that

Wait what was with the T-Shirt?
                      On the T-shirt was printed....

I survived Canada

There was a group of them wearing them lol
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

*falling on floor laughin*
                        I totally need one of those....
                        That and I need a winter hat that says
                        "This is a Toque"
                        (I think I spelled that wrong)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          Tee hee.

But we turned your frowns upside down. after we fixed the holes you burned in our shirts
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

How many "A" words can you think of to describe Amanda??
                            Amazing
                            Awesome
                            Adorable

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                            Achievement
                            Admirable
                            Ambitious
                            Acceptance

How's that?
                            Excellent...but why stop there when you can have:
                            Alluring
                            Approachable
                            Aware
                            Amicable
                            Attractive
                            Assiduous
                            Appealing
                            Aesthetic
                            Angelic

I don't know if there is anymore.
                            Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                            Julia - G4
                            GABIT Events Ltd
                            Thank you Julia...not that I'm overly worried about going it alone or anything but this will make things more fun IMHO!
                            I seriously doubt that I'll be calm though...which is a good thing...being nervous and what not just means I'm alive!!..in more ways than one!
                            A little bit of excitement and pure terror is good for the heart and soul!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                              Agreed. I know who I'll be hanging out with already, but that's a really good idea. It's something that can only be done properly at a convention of this size.
                              But the great thing about any Gabit event is that you might think you'll hang out with those people and all of a sudden the group you hang out with, will be bigger. T'is really like friends coming together for one great get together

I think the group is a great idea to meet new people you haven't met before

Comment

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X