No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad that Firefox's Foxclocks will be of help to some of you.

There's also another Firefox add-on called Yapta that could be of use to those persons living in the US. This add-on comparison shops for the best fares on most of the major US airline websites. It also tracks fares for the flights you like and notifies you when prices decrease or increase. If anything, it gives you a rough $$$ on cost. You can't set it up for AT4 yet, the departing and return date have to be less than 330 days in the future

Yapta currently works with the following airlines: AirTran, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue Airlines, Midwest Airlines, Northwest Airlines, United Airlines and US Airways.

Comment

Hello every body . Just to let yee know that I'll be at A.T.4 . . .It'll be my first time there . I hope I'll get the chance to say hello to Amanda . She's on my List . Will the Atmosphere be the same as the Convention's in Vancouver or on a smaller scale or does it go in a different direction .

Thank's Padraig .
      CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
      Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
      Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
      Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
      Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
      Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

Originally posted by Master Bray Tack View Post
        Hello every body . Just to let yee know that I'll be at A.T.4 . . .It'll be my first time there . I hope I'll get the chance to say hello to Amanda . She's on my List . Will the Atmosphere be the same as the Convention's in Vancouver or on a smaller scale or does it go in a different direction .

Thank's Padraig .
        WELCOME!

Can't give you a comparison to Vancouver cons as I haven't been to one (yet ).

You will definitely get the chance to say hello to Amanda as autographs and a photo are included in the ticket price (the weekend one anyway, not sure how the day tickets work).

I will say this. I went last year for the first time and fully intended it would be a one time thing (been there, done that). However, I had such a good time I'm planning to go back and have also bought a ticket the the April con in Vancouver.

Everyone involved in the convention was so kind and helpful. Everything ran smoothly. Amanda was amazing, incredibly gracious and kind. The other fans were wonderful. The dogs were adorable. The auction was fun and the proceeds went to two fabulous causes. Need I say more?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Bray Tack View Post

Thank's Padraig .
          The GABIT events are on a much smaller scale than the Vancouver con - I would guess about half the size.

Comment

i think the attendees at gabit will be in the 300 range, so a fraction of the creation event.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

You realize, the only thing I'm coming online tomorrow for is to update this countdown!!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                Jenni...I love the new sig...very nice!!
                Thank you!
                Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                  I do believe Ames was a real highlight of the trip. *nods*
                  LOL - Thx Jenni!! *bounces* Just think - less than 6 months til we meet again! Yay! That should give you lots of time to mentally prepare, right? *grin*

You realize, the only thing I'm coming online tomorrow for is to update this countdown!!
                  ...and this is a bad thing because....? LOL

Jenni...I love the new sig...very nice!!
                  Ooh, ditto that! Where did you get that pose from? I've not seen it before ... of course, that doesn't mean all that much, coming from me, but still! It's pretty (then again - are any AT pics *not*??? But I digress), and I'm curious

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                  hehe...bouncy was just too ordinary a word for someone like yourself.

Oh and feel free to enlist me in the blue-jello roundup! I can raid every market around me before I leave though I think I may need to bring less clothes to fit it all in my luggage. Shouldnt be a problem though. I'm notorious for over packing anyways.
                  Oh, bluey goodness - yes, there will be jello. Copious amounts of jello! Don't worry about the funny looks at customs - I had zero clothing in my luggage (but lots of chocolate and jello and pb and maple syrup ... *grin*) and still got through eventually! *giggles*

I'm not sure if we'll be allowed to do a semi-official gathering like last time or whether it'll be more of a 'drop 'em in the lounge and have fun' kind of thing(I'm sure Becks will let us know one way or the other closer to the time - I don't really want to be bugging any members of the G4 yet, as they've prob got their minds on other details atm ) ... either way, there will be jello!!! Note to self: must ask Mumsey if she'll donate her measuring cup and/or plastic cups for the cause again, because Mumsey rocks!!!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  WELCOME!

Can't give you a comparison to Vancouver cons as I haven't been to one (yet ).

You will definitely get the chance to say hello to Amanda as autographs and a photo are included in the ticket price (the weekend one anyway, not sure how the day tickets work).

I will say this. I went last year for the first time and fully intended it would be a one time thing (been there, done that). However, I had such a good time I'm planning to go back and have also bought a ticket the the April con in Vancouver.

Everyone involved in the convention was so kind and helpful. Everything ran smoothly. Amanda was amazing, incredibly gracious and kind. The other fans were wonderful. The dogs were adorable. The auction was fun and the proceeds went to two fabulous causes. Need I say more?
                  Ooh - I'm attempting to be in Vancouver when said con is on this April ... we'll have to arrange to meet up! Please? LOL And now back to GABIT ... I can't in any way, shape or form claim to be experienced in con-going, but GABIT is totally different than any of the (admittedly few) others I've been to - and it's beyond worth it. There's so much interaction with Amanda, and the other fans who make the trip are amazing! It's smaller, and feels much more personal ... the organisers seriously rock -- they go that extra little bit to make sure that as many people as possible are having as good an experience as possible. (No, I'm not trying to suck-up - I'm just thinking of all the little things that made the trip even more special last time, from all the G4 and a whole heck of the other team members to boot - and I'm just one person ... imagine all the cool little things that meant so much that I'm sure they did without even thinking about for so many other guests as well!) The G4 and their team are awesome, Amanda is amazing, charities get much needed fundage, everyone has fun -- it's a total win-win-win-win situation!
                  ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                  ames on facebook
                  ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                    Oh, bluey goodness - yes, there will be jello. Copious amounts of jello!

Snippage...

either way, there will be jello!!! Note to self: must ask Mumsey if she'll donate her measuring cup and/or plastic cups for the cause again, because Mumsey rocks!!!
                    For blue jello - of course jug, cups and spoons will be available!

Mumsey
                    Last edited by SWMBOTGSG; 16 October 2008, 06:05 AM. Reason: forgot the spoons!
                    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

Mumsey
                      Ooh! *does lil happy dance*
                      See, Mumsey totally rocks
                      Thx Mumsey!!! *hugs*

ames on facebook

Comment

Mumsey
                        But *just* for the blue

All other colours are fending for themselves
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                          But *just* for the blue

LOL - good catch Pengyn!
                          I wonder if they'll be making a sugar-free blue jello by next Nov....hmmmm....

ames on facebook

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                            But *just* for the blue

ROTFLMAO!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Mumsey
                              Lol..... JeLLo!!!! Love the wiggle~

Of course, discrimination isn't a factor.... Blue, Green, Red, they're all welcome in front of me....
                              sigpic
                              awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                                ...and this is a bad thing because....? LOL
                                This is bad because I won't be online to play elsewhere
                                I'll be back online on the 27th...can someone please update the countdown if Mal doesn't come online tomorrow...given that my today is your tomorrow and I think Mal isn't back til my tomorrow which is your day a day after tomorrow...holy cow...I just fried whatever brain cells I had left!!!

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X