GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
    Tickets for AT4 will go on sale on Saturday 3rd January 2009.
    Registration will open at 15.30 hours GMT.

Further information including ticket prices will be available in due course. Please keep an eye on the website.

Julia, Becky, Kay & John
    The G4
    Funny, I was just thinking today I'll have to start keeping an eye on this site for the ticket announcement. Thanks Julia.

Can't believe how many people were ahead of me in posting.

Do keep an eye on the website. We'll be adding things in the next few weeks to include photos and information on the two new Gabit hearing dogs from AT3 chosen by Amanda. They're amazingly cute! Wait til you see the photos.

And we finally got around to putting up the video footage of my closing speech to Amanda from AT3. I caved in after so many people emailed me asking for it. So only five months after the event, it's finally there.

You'll find it on a link just beneath the new photo of Amanda with the beautiful Spaniel Hearing Dog under the heading AT3.

Watch out for more items in the coming months.

Julia
    G4
    Thanks again Julia. I'll check the site. By "new" photo I wonder if you mean the one from AT3 that's been up there a while. Been meaning to say that it is a beautiful photo. Kudos to John.

EDIT: Just checked the site. The photo I was referring to is the top one. I see there is a new one below it. Love that too.
    Last edited by EH-T; 11 October 2008, 08:39 AM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*does the math* Since we will be on Daylight savings time, the west coast will be at GMT -9, so that will be at 6:30am.

*headdesk*

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        By "new" photo I wonder if you mean the one from AT3 that's been up there a while. Been meaning to say that it is a beautiful photo. Kudos to John.

EDIT: Just checked the site. The photo I was referring to is the top one. I see there is a new one below it. Love that too.

Funnily enough the kudos go to my hubbie, Peter who took the top original photo. And John gets the kudos for the new one beneath it.

I'll pass on your praise to them both!

Julia
        G4
        To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
          *does the math* Since we will be on Daylight savings time, the west coast will be at GMT -9, so that will be at 6:30am.

*headdesk*

One reason why it's a Saturday!

And we're trying to be fair to everyone.

You will have to get up early, true, (and then you can fall back into bed once you've registered) and the Australian/New Zealand contingent can stop propping their eyes open with matchsticks and can fall into bed on a very early Sunday morning.

Julia
          G4
          To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

One reason why it's a Saturday!

And we're trying to be fair to everyone.

You will have to get up early, true, (and then you can fall back into bed once you've registered) and the Australian/New Zealand contingent can stop propping their eyes open with matchsticks and can fall into bed on a very early Sunday morning.

Julia
            G4
            I know it tough to make it fair for everyone. 6:30am is better than the middle of the night. Though since it's on Saturday I won't be able to take advantage of my work's lightening fast internet connection.

Now I just have to coordinate with the kiwi I have penciled in as my roomie.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post

*headdesk*
              LOL! Thanks for doing the math. That makes it 8:30 a.m. for me which is just fine.

Funnily enough the kudos go to my hubbie, Peter who took the top original photo. And John gets the kudos for the new one beneath it.

Julia
              G4
              Please do.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

AH! Forgot about day light savings. I was thinking 10:30. Thanks for that.

*fixes engraving*

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                  AH! Forgot about day light savings. I was thinking 10:30. Thanks for that.

*fixes engraving*
                  I lied. It's 7:30am PST.

We will be standard time, not daylight. I suck. I blame the cold. And the fact that I am stuck at work on a Saturday morning.

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

15:30:00 Saturday January 3, 2009 in GMT converts to
                  07:30:00 Saturday January 3, 2009 in America/Los_Angeles

Comment

Woohoo!
                    sigpic

Comment

Ah, right. Cool.

Comment

Daylight Savings puts us ahead one hour, not back...

So how could we be 9 hours behind GMT right now, on DST?

We fall back in November, here in the States...and by that theory we'd be GMT -10. And that isn't right.

Which means that during DST we must be GMT -7.
                        Jenni

Comment

If you're using Firefox as your browser, I highly recommend downloading FoxClocks. Neat little add-on that you can tailor to your needs.

Comment

Do keep an eye on the website. We'll be adding things in the next few weeks to include photos and information on the two new Gabit hearing dogs from AT3 chosen by Amanda. They're amazingly cute! Wait til you see the photos.

And we finally got around to putting up the video footage of my closing speech to Amanda from AT3. I caved in after so many people emailed me asking for it. So only five months after the event, it's finally there.

You'll find it on a link just beneath the new photo of Amanda with the beautiful Spaniel Hearing Dog under the heading AT3.

Watch out for more items in the coming months.

Julia
                            G4
                            Thanks so much for posting the video, Julia. It's just as moving the second time. And third, fourth.....

Julia
                            G4
                            John always does awesome photos. And Peter's looks fantastic too! More kudos to them both.

Originally posted by AmberMoon View Post
                            If you're using Firefox as your browser, I highly recommend downloading FoxClocks. Neat little add-on that you can tailor to your needs.
                            I forgot I had that! Thanks for reminding me. I keep it set to London, Vancouver and local.
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                              Daylight Savings puts us ahead one hour, not back...

So how could we be 9 hours behind GMT right now, on DST?

We fall back in November, here in the States...and by that theory we'd be GMT -10. And that isn't right.

Which means that during DST we must be GMT -7.
                              No, because we have DST and BST (Daylight Savings Time and British Summer Time) but whichever one we are in is generally termed GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). So although there are sometimes one or two weeks where you change clocks before/after us, the time difference stays constant..... I think.
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Julia,
                                Thank you so much for sharing that speech! You have a way of telling Amanda what we all want to say.....Thank YOU.

*Sends more kudos for the wonderful photos*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X