GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ames View Post
    That was fun I love that video - man, I definitely had an accent back then!
    I've been called quite a few things Cel, but I think vivacious is a new one - and I gladly accept it Thx! I'm def looking forward to seeing all the people I met there again - and many more too ... oh and making copious amounts of jello again, of course! Mmmmmm - bluey goodness...
    OK, now that I've looked up vivacious in the dictionary I am surprised to find that there isn't a pic of you next to it.
    Not sure how common the word vivacious is but I think it perfectly describes you.
    Unless you behave totally different when not at Gabit events.

Comment

Chelle I can update it....
      sigpic
      awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
        Glad I'm entertainment for some of you

<waves at Debs>

And a girl has to try....

Julia
        G4
        I find you highly entertaining.

Love the new sig!

Originally posted by ames View Post

Ooh - I'm attempting to be in Vancouver when said con is on this April ... we'll have to arrange to meet up! Please? LOL
        (No, I'm not trying to suck-up - I'm just thinking of all the little things that made the trip even more special last time, from all the G4 and a whole heck of the other team members to boot - and I'm just one person ... imagine all the cool little things that meant so much that I'm sure they did without even thinking about for so many other guests as well!) The G4 and their team are awesome, Amanda is amazing, charities get much needed fundage, everyone has fun -- it's a total win-win-win-win situation!
        Of course we'll meet at the Vancouver con and I'll bring more chocolate!

Of course you are not trying to suck up. I know what you mean. Loved that Jenn (I think that was her name) gave me a hug at the end of the auction.

Thomasina was also very kind. Got a hug from her too. Does she come to all Gabit events?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Thomasina was also very kind. Got a hug from her too. Does she come to all Gabit events?
          She came to AT2, I can't speak for AT1 though. And I agree she's absolutely lovely. She and I had a good giggle about Cliff Simon (after I explained I was raised in South Africa) and she spent ages taking photographs with a bunch of us in the auditorium. She signed all of my Illustrated Companions too - she was so funny talking about how she wondered if anyone actually went out and bought them or if she should bring a box and start giving them away lol.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
            She came to AT2, I can't speak for AT1 though. And I agree she's absolutely lovely. She and I had a good giggle about Cliff Simon (after I explained I was raised in South Africa) and she spent ages taking photographs with a bunch of us in the auditorium. She signed all of my Illustrated Companions too - she was so funny talking about how she wondered if anyone actually went out and bought them or if she should bring a box and start giving them away lol.
            Yeah, if I'd thought and not been quite so frazzled with moving and travelling I'd have remembered to bring mine...which I am intending to pack for AT4
            sigpic
            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm back!! Usual mixture of wet and dry weather, stunning countryside (Wales in October!) and brilliant company!

We were up near one of the Elan Valley rreservoirs when an AUSTIN MARTIN sports car passed us with another car driving close behind. A little later we caught up with the cars by a layby. A man in my group got talking to the 3 men with the cars. It turns out the AUSTIN MARTIN was not just any AM! It was the car that Daniel Craig" drives in the latest James Bond film Quantum of Solace !!! The men were doing a photo shoot for a motor magazine. Because we were a photography society group we were allowed to hang around and chat and take pic's . To me a car is a car. But the fact it was "James Bond's" car made it intresating for me. The men in our group were drooling and "Wowing" at the sound of the engine! men!!!
              Last edited by SEREN LWCH (MAL); 17 October 2008, 11:51 PM.

Comment

hello guys!
                I'm also going to AT4 AND DAMN I'M EXCITED

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
                  I'm back!! Usual mixture of wet and dry weather, stunning countryside (Wales in October!) and brilliant company!

We were up near one of the Elan Valley rreservoirs when an AUSTIN MARTIN sports car passed us with another car driving close behind. A little later we caught up with the cars by a layby. A man in my group got talking to the 3 men with the cars. It turns out the AUSTIN MARTIN was not just any AM! It was the car that Daniel Craig" drives in the latest James Bond film Quantum of Solace !!! The men were doing a photo shoot for a motor magazine. Because we were a photography society group we were allowed to hang around and chat and take pic's . To me a car is a car. But the fact it was "James Bond's" car made it intresating for me. The men in our group were drooling and "Wowing" at the sound of the engine! men!!!
                  Welcome Back Mal! Don't you just love the great random moments in life?

Welcome Elisabeth! Glad to see another excited for AT4!

Comment

Well, for some reason I was clueless about her being at AT3. I've bought the companions but had none there for her to sign. Maybe next time.

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post

Welcome back! I love Wales.

Originally posted by Elisabeth View Post
                    hello guys!
                    WELCOME!

Glad to hear you are so excited. You will have a great time.

Very cool you are from Norway. Somewhere I would love to visit one day.

Comment

I didn't stay around the room to listen to Thomasina talk at AT3, but I will probably do so at AT4, if she goes.
                      Jenni

Comment

Yes, Thomasina was at the first Gabit event too. After seeing her at AT1 but not having anything for her to sign, I made sure I had my Illustrated Companions at the ready for her to sign at AT2.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elisabeth View Post
                          hello guys!
                          you'll have a great time
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                              I didn't stay around the room to listen to Thomasina talk at AT3, but I will probably do so at AT4, if she goes.
                              O you should. It was fun.

I didn't know who she was, and I still don't know what the books are she has written. But she had fun stories to tell
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                                O you should. It was fun.

I didn't know who she was, and I still don't know what the books are she has written. But she had fun stories to tell

She wrote the Illustrated Guides for seasons 1-8 of Stargate SG1. They covered the episdoes, gave BTS info and interviews with the stars.

I loved her stories too.

Comment

Working...
                                X