No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, having lived in Nottingham, Southampton and Dunstable, I can safely say it's arrrrrntee. Well, in Nottingham, people say it both ways. I guess it's because they don't know whether they are north or south.

Julia, I take it you're a rolo girl, then? Or a general dairy milk with caramel? My best friend and I went to the cinema with a huge bar of that a couple of years ago, and it all melted into each other. It was beautiful!
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

guh, rolos...
      Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        Well, having lived in Nottingham, Southampton and Dunstable, I can safely say it's arrrrrntee. Well, in Nottingham, people say it both ways. I guess it's because they don't know whether they are north or south.

Julia, I take it you're a rolo girl, then? Or a general dairy milk with caramel? My best friend and I went to the cinema with a huge bar of that a couple of years ago, and it all melted into each other. It was beautiful!

General dairy milk with caramel. Rolos are usually too hard, I like soft centred ones......to give you a clue Tracy, my absolute favourite chocs are the purple ones in Quality Street. Give me a tin of those any day.......mmmmm.

Julia
        G4
        To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
          General dairy milk with caramel. Rolos are usually too hard, I like soft centred ones......to give you a clue Tracy, my absolute favourite chocs are the purple ones in Quality Street. Give me a tin of those any day.......mmmmm.

Julia
          G4
          Ooooh, they ARE good. With the hazelnut inside. You know what I used to love about them as a kid? It didn't matter if my Grandparents had bought Roses or Quality Street, they BOTH had that chocolate in them!
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Dude. Cadbury with the caramel. Yummmm....

I just got my care package from Mary in Ireland. It has the biggest slab of Cadbury Golden Crisp in it. Gah.

Comment

Sorry guys, been away for the weekend to come back to see some of you had less than perfect service from the check in staff at the Renaissance.

As Becky said, it's important we know about this and exactly what went wrong so that we can talk to our Event manager about it and avoid it happening again. It's the first time we've had these sorts of problems so it's very important to stamp on them now!

Oh and on a side note....
              It's pronounced Arntee - well it is here in good old London Town!

And Becky might like macadamias, but sling me any chocolate covered confection with soft caramel centres and I look one very happy G4 indeed.....LOL!!

Julia
              G4
              If you remind people, you might find yourself with a few in your hands at AT4. Especially if you can be bribed...
              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                Macadamia's on the list of things to pack...white or milk chocolate...never mind, I'll get both!...Jaffa's also on list...as are chocolate penguins...do you guys want more chocolate penguins???
                As for strawberries...I love strawberries...I love strawberry yoghurt, ice cream and jam...but can't drink strawberry flavoured milk...makes me ill...go figure!
                As for the horrible name calling...I'm sorry that some people just can't hold their tongues...just know that we love ya Becky...how rude!
                Chelle, Those penguins were great!

Originally posted by idefix44 View Post
                A'Lies!!!!! You rock, my friend !!! And rock right around the intricacies of the pic-shoppie softwareprogram as well!!!! I happen to be your artwork's #1 fan. Amazing collage you formulated for us there.
                Now could you please PM me with the specifics on the 'brushes and stuff'?!? I need a tutorial so badly to instantly cure my withdrawal!

Thankies too to MajorSamFan for the cutie and HQ-pics.

-a counting 4 now < @ Cel>, Flow.
                Lies, Beautiful work!

Re billing from the Ren. They charged me the £85 rate instead of £75 rate for a single. I had them fix it before I left on Monday morning. However, I haven't gotten my credit card bill yet. If there's any problem, I'll let you know.

For me it's ant = Aunt...

Oooh, all this talk about chocolate....dang, now I have to go see if I have any in the pantry...

Thanks, sueKay!

Thanks, Mala!

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                  Sent you a PM Becky

And as I said in the PM I don't think anyone blames the G4 for the issues....firmly believe they were caused by the "rude gal"
                  I guess I got lucky--the "rude person" started to wait on me but got sidetracked by a "rude guest". And while I was waiting (for about 10 minutes) another person came and asked if I needed something. I explained that "she" had been speaking to me but I really would like not to have to wait for her. So luckily the very kind young woman took over and my bill was fine. In fact they didn't charge me extra for my last night there, which probably shouldn't have been at the convention rate. I thought that was really nice!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                    Me too and I do not pronounce it like the bug because there is a 'u' in it *sigh*
                    right on--I always hated calling my Aunt Jan anty which was the way folks where I lived pronounced it--so I changed it much to my mpther's dismay. She said it sounded "stuck up"

Comment

I get referred to as 'an-tee' (auntie) amy, but all my aunts are just 'ant'
                      Well, except Ellie (whom I've grown up calling Aunt Eleanor), who keeps trying to get us to call her just Ellie instead ... in their family you stop using the title as soon as you become an adult, which just seemed odd to me, but hey, each to their own, right?

Hey chelle, what do you mean, 'cute' accents?
                      I'm apparently losing mine ... or rather it's morphing back to a more 'Cdn' accent instead of the funky hybrid one of which I was so fond ... sigh...

As for the centre versus center, I was taught that a centre is a place (as in a building), whereas a center is the middle, if that makes sense. It's the rule I use for the noun anyway. As for the verb, on the other hand, I'd use 'centring' as opposed to 'centering' I think (although atm neither of those look correct ... hmmmm).

Have checked my bill (y'all made me paranoid too now!), but everything seems in order, so that's a bit of a relief!

Speaking of chocolate...
                      I am partially employed again now (yay!), so anyone wishing samples of the Reid's chocolate (the local stuff that I brought to the choc tasting), let me know, and I will gladly send it along ... although with the warmer weather well upon us, y'all might want to take rain cheques on that until the Autumn ... depending on whether you happen to like chocolate soup or not
                      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                      ames on facebook
                      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                        I get referred to as 'an-tee' (auntie) amy, but all my aunts are just 'ant'
                        Well, except Ellie (whom I've grown up calling Aunt Eleanor), who keeps trying to get us to call her just Ellie instead ... in their family you stop using the title as soon as you become an adult, which just seemed odd to me, but hey, each to their own, right?

snip

As for the centre versus center, I was taught that a centre is a place (as in a building), whereas a center is the middle, if that makes sense. It's the rule I use for the noun anyway. As for the verb, on the other hand, I'd use 'centring' as opposed to 'centering' I think (although atm neither of those look correct ... hmmmm).

snip
                        It's like Theatre and theater--one's the place or building (er) and the other is the "art"--eh?

Comment

Yup, exactly like that!
                          ...it's no wonder that English is considered one of the most difficult languages to learn as a foreign language...
                          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                          ames on facebook
                          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Chelle started it!
                            Hehehe...and? so? but? therefore?...I am soooo [strike[]evil[/strike] good!!!
                            Have researched this matter thoroughly since yesterday and auntie is the preferred version.
                            Yay!!! *does the bum dance in the middle of the room*...I just hate it when I get pulled up for spelling it with an "ie"...to my nieces and nephews I am Auntie Chelle (as in arntee)
                            Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                            I was thinking about routes when the auntie topic came up. I use both pronunciations also, but unlike with aunt, I can't figure out the rhyme or reason to when I use which pronunciation.
                            I was thinking that the other day after I kinda accidentally started this off in her...and I was thinking about the word route (root) and the word router (r-ou-ter)...it does get very confusing...even for those of us who are educated in English.
                            I should have known it was Chelle's fault!
                            Oh??? Have I always been such a pain in the proverbial??? Never mind...forget I asked!!
                            Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                            Funny little accents! *pokes* Who you callin' funny, hunny!? HEE
                            oops...did I say funny accents??? I meant nice sweet lovely-jubbly accents!!!
                            See? It's all Chelle's fault. Falt. *snort*
                            Sheesh...what is this??...pick on Chelle day or what???
                            Sorry guys, been away for the weekend to come back to see some of you had less than perfect service from the check in staff at the Renaissance.
                            As Becky said, it's important we know about this and exactly what went wrong so that we can talk to our Event manager about it and avoid it happening again. It's the first time we've had these sorts of problems so it's very important to stamp on them now!
                            I know...it's always better to know what's going on than to not...one thing about my work...I never hear about things that aren't being done right til they let it build up then let loose...by which time we have no idea what went wrong in the first place and no way to back track to find the problem and fix it...it's very frustrating...so it's better to strike while the iron is hot so to say!!!
                            Oh and on a side note....
                            It's pronounced Arntee - well it is here in good old London Town!
                            And Becky might like macadamias, but sling me any chocolate covered confection with soft caramel centres and I look one very happy G4 indeed.....LOL!!
                            Julia
                            G4
                            Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                            Yay!! Another Arntee supporter!!!
                            Ok...so I'll be bringing Chocolate Macadamia's, Chocolate Penguins and Caramello Koala's...any other requests???
                            Hey chelle, what do you mean, 'cute' accents?
                            I'm apparently losing mine ... or rather it's morphing back to a more 'Cdn' accent instead of the funky hybrid one of which I was so fond ... sigh...
                            But...I meant it in a completely sincere way...honest!!
                            Originally posted by donamac View Post
                            It's like Theatre and theater--one's the place or building (er) and the other is the "art"--eh?
                            Well there ya go...never knew that...I thought it was all the same...just a different strokes for different folks thing...you know lie with the word colour and color!!

Ok...so I had the bestest dream last night...I dreamed that I had landed in London and drove to the Renaissance hotel and as I was unpacking, I heard some people chatting and when I turned around I saw Eve and 4 other people standing there and they were debating whether I was who I was and so I called out to Eve and we ran up to each other and we all hugged and cried and it was so cool...and I woke up with this big huge smile on my face...in my dreams I met some Gabiteers...I can't wait for next year!!!!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Yup, exactly like that!
                              ...it's no wonder that English is considered one of the most difficult languages to learn as a foreign language...
                              Remember the 'practice' and 'practise' one Ames?
                              It was you who brought that up at our table one Sundaymorning in May, right? Ah well, can ring it up to English being even harder

- a now thinking she might be absolutely off <shrugs>, F.

Comment

Also posted these at the Sam thread, but since they're At3 icons

enjoy hope you like

Comment

Working...
                                X