GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
    Hey guys, what are you all having signed by Amanda at the autograph session? I don't really have anything, myself --- not a big collector of those sorts of things before today. Will we have an opportunity to purchase a photo prior? Or do we have to arrange that before we get there and bring it with us? Just wondering. I don't even know what I'd pick, lol, but I don't want to miss out on it. So advice for this con newbie??

geeek
    Sweetie, just bring yourself and remember to smile pretty for the camera when you have your picture taken with Amanda! This photo will be ready for you the next day and you can have Amanda sign it! Also, I believe that Paul Brown of Legends Memorabilia will be bringing his show to town again - G4 can add to this - but you can purchase an 8x10 of Amanda or any SG1 character and you can use this photo for her autograph. G4 has rules about what can be presented for a sig or not ... check the events rules at their website. Some fans choose clothing or a book, etc. 1speed had books signed last year.

You're going to have fun!

Comment

Breaking News!! The official GABIT Security Team has been assigned and they will all be waiting for the fans, ensuring that no one gets out of hand nor ruins the occasion ...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
        Sweetie, just bring yourself and remember to smile pretty for the camera when you have your picture taken with Amanda! This photo will be ready for you the next day and you can have Amanda sign it! Also, I believe that Paul Brown of Legends Memorabilia will be bringing his show to town again - G4 can add to this - but you can purchase an 8x10 of Amanda or any SG1 character and you can use this photo for her autograph. G4 has rules about what can be presented for a sig or not ... check the events rules at their website. Some fans choose clothing or a book, etc. 1speed had books signed last year.

You're going to have fun!
        Thanks CG! That makes me feel better. Yeah, the photo taken with Amanda would be PERFECT. I didn't even think of that. How wonderful.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

hehe! that GABIT security team is scary.
          a question about the photo with Amanda.
          anyone knows if it's possible to have more than one copy of it? for example if i want one copy signed and one "natural".
          have no idea of how things works... (con newbie)
          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
            G4 can add to this - but you can purchase an 8x10 of Amanda or any SG1 character and you can use this photo for her autograph. G4 has rules about what can be presented for a sig or not ... check the events rules at their website.
            As Elaine said you can either have your photo signed, or buy an authorised photo from Paul at Legends who will be with us again. He has a huge selection of shots of Amanda, all authorised and very reasonable in price. Check out the FAQ on the website and that gives the rules for what can or cannot be presented for signature. Only one of your two items can be personalised to you.

Hope that helps,

Julia
            G4
            To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Uuzz View Post
              hehe! that GABIT security team is scary.
              a question about the photo with Amanda.
              anyone knows if it's possible to have more than one copy of it? for example if i want one copy signed and one "natural".
              have no idea of how things works... (con newbie)
              thanks

Sorry no. You can only have one print of your photograph with Amanda I'm afraid. You choose whether you want it signed or not at the autograph session, it's completely up to you.

Julia
              G4

Comment

Definitely taking part in the video diary thing

Hey MG, how ever did that book of autographs for Amanda turn out? When I submitted mine, I never thought I'd be there to see her get it! *squees to self*

Heh, I'm also using AT2 as an excuse to buy new jeans!

Oooh, and to get an early start on it (lol), I'm campaigning for a pajama theme at the disco next year! *is hoping she won't give any G4 members a heart attack by suggesting an AT3*

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  hey all you gabit goers, we have the idea for a little project

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=37257

it's all explained in this thread

the more the merrier
                  And I'm looking for a bunch of you all to play and share your fun with those of us back home!

If you have questions, feel free to PM me or add it to the thread about this project...to which I'm now about to subscribe.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

You know, there is a separate thread for this and it has already been mentioned in this thread, I think it is time to drop it now. If people want to be involved they know where to go and what to do, we don't need to be reminded every day until the convention.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                      Sorry no. You can only have one print of your photograph with Amanda I'm afraid. You choose whether you want it signed or not at the autograph session, it's completely up to you.

Julia
                      G4
                      ok. thanks

Oooh, and to get an early start on it (lol), I'm campaigning for a pajama theme at the disco next year! *is hoping she won't give any G4 members a heart attack by suggesting an AT3*
                      an AT3... nice idea

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                        You know, there is a separate thread for this and it has already been mentioned in this thread, I think it is time to drop it now. If people want to be involved they know where to go and what to do, we don't need to be reminded every day until the convention.
                        Uh...yikes.

I've posted all of one time here just to say howdy. I must have missed the part where I was spamming the thread with daily reminders.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by myblackrose View Post
                          Hey MG, how ever did that book of autographs for Amanda turn out? When I submitted mine, I never thought I'd be there to see her get it! *squees to self*
                          It's a poster, actually, and it's come back quite lovely. To see the tapestry of a couple of hundred hand-written messages and signatures from all over the world in all different handwriting, ink colors, etc., and most of them are such thoughtful little notes. I was honored to put it together, I don't think I realized just how much genuine warmth and affection there truly was out there for Amanda until I began sorting through them all. So many of the messages are simply touching and I think they all really represent the myriad of diverse people that Amanda has managed to have a positive impact on over the years. She's truly a very special lady with very special fans!!

Hugs!
                          mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                            As Elaine said you can either have your photo signed, or buy an authorised photo from Paul at Legends who will be with us again. He has a huge selection of shots of Amanda, all authorised and very reasonable in price. Check out the FAQ on the website and that gives the rules for what can or cannot be presented for signature. Only one of your two items can be personalised to you.

Hope that helps,

Julia
                            G4
                            I can't find any info on this on your FAQ - it has info on what can't be presented as gifts but I can't see anything about what can and can't be taken in for signing?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                              It's a poster, actually, and it's come back quite lovely. To see the tapestry of a couple of hundred hand-written messages and signatures from all over the world in all different handwriting, ink colors, etc., and most of them are such thoughtful little notes. I was honored to put it together, I don't think I realized just how much genuine warmth and affection there truly was out there for Amanda until I began sorting through them all. So many of the messages are simply touching and I think they all really represent the myriad of diverse people that Amanda has managed to have a positive impact on over the years. She's truly a very special lady with very special fans!!

Hugs!
                              mg
                              I'm so excited for you mg. I can't wait to see a scan of the final work and the picture of the presentation.

Your artwork is quite beautiful and I think Amanda will be quite touched.

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                                I can't find any info on this on your FAQ - it has info on what can't be presented as gifts but I can't see anything about what can and can't be taken in for signing?

Sorry, you're right, but I did remember compiling it for somewhere and it's actually in the programme you'll be handed at Registration. So I've copied that section here for you. Basically it's to do with a) copyright infringement and b) taste and decency. Any photograph has to be officially authorised, so any from Legends are fine but for example images scanned/captured from the show etc are not allowed. Items of clothing are fine provided they are within the realms of taste and decency and Becky, the Autograph Room Captain has the final say on all these things, so if in doubt she will make the decision. I'm sorry I can't be more specific but I think this gives the general gist of the ruling.

"How many autographs are allowed and what can be autographed?

A maximum of two autographs per guest is allowed. These are included in your registration fee. Out of your two items, only one may be personalised. i.e.: to Fred. Official and reasonably priced photographs are on sale at Legends Memorabilia. These make perfect items for autographing but should you have your own items please ensure that they do not infringe copyright. We reserve the right to refuse to allow an item to be autographed if, in the opinion of the Autograph Room Captain, it infringes copyright or is any way unsuitable.

If you wish to have your photograph with Amanda autographed you must use one of your two item allowances. We cannot guarantee that all photographs will be ready in time for the autograph session although we will make every effort to do so."

Hope this helps but if you find you're still in doubt then ask to speak to Becky before the autograph session to double check your item is okay.

Julia
                                G4

Comment

Working...
                                X