• Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY AMERICAN 'KIDS'
    Mumsey
    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Ames, whoever called you an Aussie- you have a case against them.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/7983...-me-Australian

It's illegal
      Wow *blinks*
      Somehow I don't think Tracy was trying to insult me though ... she did claim she didn't recognise me without my glasses, so apparently I can pull a Clark Kent - just I'm Canadian with my specs and Aussie without ...wait, does that mean in my Aussie disguise, I get superpowers? B/c that would just be cool!
      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
      ames on facebook
      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
        HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY AMERICAN 'KIDS'
        Mumsey
        Thanks Mumsey - Feb 2014 will not come soon enough I miss you already
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I am so jealous of everyone who has been to an AT! Maybe someday...

Comment

Originally posted by canadianfolk View Post
            Welcome aboard. Maybe you can save up for one of Amanda's Canadian cons. She goes to ones in Vancouver and Toronto. A few others as well. keep an eye out!
            sigpic

Comment

Awwww ((((Huggles Mocha)))) Not having a very good time of it lately, are you?

Wish you better!

Mumsey

thanks mumsey. i appreciate you giving me a shoulder to cry on when i was there. really appreciate your kind concern. both you and becks were great. hopefully i'll have happy news in a month or so. plan to adopt right after the holidays. we really need a big ball of fur here.

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                Welcome aboard. Maybe you can save up for one of Amanda's Canadian cons. She goes to ones in Vancouver and Toronto. A few others as well. keep an eye out!
                I saw her this past summer in Toronto at Fan Expo. Got a picture and a couple autographs. It only made me want to see her again! Even my husband was enamoured. AT is obviously a much more intimate event (not 80,000 of my closest friends!) and I'd love to go... and my birthday is in February, so ....

Comment

I saw her this past summer in Toronto at Fan Expo. Got a picture and a couple autographs. It only made me want to see her again! Even my husband was enamoured. AT is obviously a much more intimate event (not 80,000 of my closest friends!) and I'd love to go... and my birthday is in February, so ....
                  There you go! Treat yourself to a little birthday gift.
                  Believe me, this year was my first AT event, and it was worth every dollar (pound, whatever ) I invested in it. It was just so wonderful to meet everyone, and I've decided to go back to AT7. This one will probably be harder of pull off, but we do get addicted to the AT fandom family. I can't not go back.
                  sigpic
                  Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                  My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                  Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                    Wow *blinks*
                    Somehow I don't think Tracy was trying to insult me though ... she did claim she didn't recognise me without my glasses, so apparently I can pull a Clark Kent - just I'm Canadian with my specs and Aussie without ...wait, does that mean in my Aussie disguise, I get superpowers? B/c that would just be cool!
                    In my defence Ames was hanging with the Aussie crowd and without glasses AND it most definitely wasn't an insult LOL! Perhaps the superpower is being loud as that's what the Aussies threatened us with!

Comment

Originally posted by t_2 View Post
                      In my defence Ames was hanging with the Aussie crowd and without glasses AND it most definitely wasn't an insult LOL! Perhaps the superpower is being loud as that's what the Aussies threatened us with!
                      Maybe if you'd touched her bum you would have recognised her immediately?

Comment

Originally posted by t_2 View Post
                        Y'know, there are ppl who'd claim I'm loud enough on my own
                        That being said, it was so nice hanging out with Aussies for dinner out, b/c for once I wasn't being accused of being the loudest at the table when we chatted! LOL
                        In fairness, the Aussies I was hanging out with were pretty darned awesome (and I LOVE the Aussie accent) so being mistaken for one (which happened a few times, yours was just the most humorous Tracy!) was cool by me

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                        Maybe if you'd touched her bum you would have recognised her immediately?
                        Erm... I think that only works if she's had previous experience with that part of the anatomy Mayo, and to the best of my knowledge, Tracy has yet to grab my bum at an event, unlike a few others who shall remain nameless

I've posted my (severely truncated list of) AT6 pics on FB if anyone wants to have a gander ... comments welcome, but please don't repost anywhere without my permission! If there's something that strikes your fancy, and you would like a copy, just drop me a line and I'll email it to you. Thanks muchly
                        ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                        ames on facebook
                        ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

AT will be at Creation in Chicago in August. Depending your direction, that's only a few hours from the border.

Comment

This from No. 1 Son on Facebook.

"GABIT FORUMS HACKED!!

Guys, it appears the forums may have been hacked.
                            I'm going to try to take them offline while I fix them, but it appears the admin page has been disabled.

I'll post again here when I'm done."

He's not a happy camper!

Mumsey

Comment

This from No. 1 Son on Facebook.

"GABIT FORUMS HACKED!!

Guys, it appears the forums may have been hacked.
                              I'm going to try to take them offline while I fix them, but it appears the admin page has been disabled.

I'll post again here when I'm done."

He's not a happy camper!

Mumsey
                              What kind of twisted mind would do that to Gabit. It's not like you guys are some big corporation or control tons of money. This is the doing of someone who really must be full of hatred for everyone including him or her self!
                              sigpic

Comment

What kind of twisted mind would do that to Gabit. It's not like you guys are some big corporation or control tons of money. This is the doing of someone who really must be full of hatred for everyone including him or her self!
                                I asked the self same question. According to No.1 Son, they fix it so that you go to their website where they get paid by advertisers for the number of hits they get. It always comes down to money....

Anyway, the good news is that he seems to have fixed it.

Post away!

Mumsey

Comment

Working...
                                X