GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EH-T, right that was 2009 not 2007.
    creation is having their last vanc and chicago stargate cons this year. don't know if the ones in other locations will continue or if they will all end this year. they still have other cons, which are no interest to me. but this is the end for vanc. and chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
      EH-T, right that was 2009 not 2007.
      creation is having their last vanc and chicago stargate cons this year. don't know if the ones in other locations will continue or if they will all end this year. they still have other cons, which are no interest to me. but this is the end for vanc. and chicago.
      Although I have some issues with Creation events, I am sorry to see the end of these cons. It is nice to have dedicated Stargate events. I watch very little TV so I'm not interested in the big multi-show events. It also provided some income to some very nice actors in a very difficult business to make a living. The Vancouver con in particular was wonderful to showcase local talent like Dan Payne and Alex Zahara and to give us the opportunity to say thanks to them. It also gave fans an excuse to get together--something I appreciate having met many wonderful people at cons. All in all, sorry to see them go.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Last year was also the last L.A. Stargate Con (Farscape too), but they are going back to their 'Sci-Fi Summit' big multi-fandom cons in Nov next year. I will probably at least stop by since I am local, but sine it's just a couple weeks before AT6 I might not stay the whole weekend (but then again I might, depending on what friends end up coming into town).

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, there yet might be another Gatecon. They're putting out feelers to see if there is any interest with the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
            If I'm not mistaken, there yet might be another Gatecon. They're putting out feelers to see if there is any interest with the fans.
            Never been to a Gatecon. If there was another I may go, depending on the guests. Still on a quest to see CJ one day. It is unfortunate that he is at both the Vancouver and Chicago cons this year but I have too many other things on the go this year.

Comment

Blue Jello and Ice Cream. Nomnomnom! (Thinking of you Ames!)

Mumsey
              (PS Don't tell Becky!)
              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

LOL Mumsey...Becky can read!!!

Enjoy the treat
                sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

Mumsey
                  (PS Don't tell Becky!)
                  No worries Mumsey. There is no way she could possibly find out.

BTW, a little bird (who tweets) told me that JuliaR could maybe use a hug. Sending a big virtual hug your way m'dear. ((Julia))

Comment

Mumsey
                    (PS Don't tell Becky!)
                    I promise I won't tell her!
                    Chelle sent me some Aussie blue jelly ... now if only I wasn't the only enjoyer of bluey goodness in my household, I could have the proper tasting party I wanted to have -- ah well, I'll just keep enjoying 'em on my own instead! (wish I had a blue-tongued smiley on here like on my msgr! Boo...)

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

BTW, a little bird (who tweets) told me that JuliaR could maybe use a hug. Sending a big virtual hug your way m'dear. ((Julia))
                    *huge hugs* we have aplenty here!!!
                    ...and the best part of hugs is that they give as good as they get!
                    *Cdn-bear hugs* winging on over... (((JuliaR)))
                    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                    ames on facebook
                    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Thanks so much for the responses! Though I'm a little disappointed to hear that the next one probably won't be until 2014...

By then I'll hopefully be in Vancouver and WAY further away from the UK than I am now (in 2014 there'll be an ocean AND a continent between me and AT8?, not just an ocean...*sigh*)

Heh, I might have to look for a GW roomie to help save on money. On second thought, heck! I'll probably do that just for the fun of it!

Comment

Never been to a Gatecon. If there was another I may go, depending on the guests. Still on a quest to see CJ one day. It is unfortunate that he is at both the Vancouver and Chicago cons this year but I have too many other things on the go this year.
                        at least you got an autographed photo of him....with a drawing on it

Comment

the poll for which show to renew is still going on and sanctuary's lead is dwindling. vote here http://www.cinemaspy.com/spotlight/w...nctuary-13157/

Comment

Thanks for the reminder mocha! *bounces out to vote*
                            ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                            ames on facebook
                            ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                              the poll for which show to renew is still going on and sanctuary's lead is dwindling. vote here http://www.cinemaspy.com/spotlight/w...nctuary-13157/
                              Who's responsible for this poll? Do the votes really factor into what show get's renewed?

To me, it just seem a bit of a joke (not in the literal sense) created by some fan as there is a link to make your own at the bottom. If you click on the features link at the top, you can see all the other polls. One asking if we're 'Hungry for more Hunger Games' doesn't make believe this series renewal poll is anything more than just for fun, sort of the type you might find on FB.

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                                I think it's about time a formal list was made about exactly what isn't the Gabit Way.
                                Dressing up as a cartoon builder and hitting people with mallets good.
                                Murder bad.
                                D'oH!
                                Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                                Stretching Curly Wurlies and leaving melted chocolate on the Ren carpet...good.
                                Murder...bad.
                                Double D'oH!
                                Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                                They're the only ones apart from the European ones aren't they? I mean specific Stargate cons...
                                As Australia is not part of Europe, we still have Stargate cons down here but we have some years of cons to catch up on...our last big Stargate con was in 2010...I'm hoping we haven't seen the last of the Stargate cons down here.
                                Ask SJSL about that!.
                                Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                                *puts on halo*
                                Hehe ... after all this con talk I was just thinking about that. The Creation con in 2009 stands out for me, not for the con, but for the settour on my birthday. It still makes me happy thinking about that
                                Oh??? Do tell Lies.
                                Mumsey
                                (PS Don't tell Becky!)
                                Do you call it jello or jelly over there in the Great UK?
                                Originally posted by ames View Post
                                I promise I won't tell her!
                                Unless we keep quoting Mumseys post about her having blue jelly & icee cream & asking us to not tell Becky...I guess Becky could find out that way.
                                Originally posted by ames View Post
                                *Cdn-bear hugs* winging on over... (((JuliaR)))
                                More hugs coming from down under to JuliaR - always. xoxo

Btw ames - how was the jelly? The only one I make is the Berry Blue. My son likes the jelly crystals on ice cream while daughter sprinkles it on the icing when she makes muffins/cupcakes.
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X