Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    29 days til AT6 Ripples!!

My apologies for yesterdays post with 32 days listed instead of 30...there is now in fact only 29 days left til AT6...we are now in the 20's!!! Oh, and I've amended the previous countdown post. Sorry for any confusion.
    I rely on you Chelle! Though it's kinda cool that there's 3 days off instead of one! Go 20ies!
    sigpic
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
      armistice day happens somewhere around AT6. i want to be able to go inside the westminster abbey while i'm there, probably just after AT6. will it be closed to the public because the queen is there or was there, like it was for AT4? don't even know the exact date of the holiday. anybody know?
      We call it Remembrance Day and it is on November 11th.

I'm guessing there shouldn't be a problem getting in after the 11th.

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      That's if you retain the fallatus to speak properly at all
      LOL!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
        Oh yes, the weekend I'll have 11 stones worth of dog plastered to me in bed.

Hate fireworks - too many stupid people have access to them outside organised displays.

If I wanted to listen to constant explosions I'd move to Basra.

Fire is pretty though...
        I'm with you there Mayo, It terrifies my wee dog Lucy, she literally shakes, its horrible as I can't help her until the bangs stop and that can take days sometimes.

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
        That's if you retain the fallatus to speak properly at all
        Hahaha!! This is so true!

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

*waves*

Starting to feel inklings of excitement about AT6. It's been a long, crazy year, and this will be a fun time to kick back and hang with some of my favorite people, many of whom I haven't had the chance to see since AT5. Last time I was crazy nervous about meeting Amanda for the first time. Now I'm stoked to see y'all! Less than a month away, crazy!

And looks like you can count me in on the chocolate party. Unless my photo op is at the same time! If so, I will still contribute.

I've got a pretty blue dress and snakeskin heels for the CP and a kick-bum steampunk TARDIS costume for the ball. Allons-y and Geronimo!
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

------------------------------------
            Chocolate party attendees
            NZNeep (Eileen)
            Spacegirlnz (Emma)
            Zippy (Sammy)
            ATFan (Amanda)
            ames
            llp (Laurie) *
            Chelle
            MidwifeOnBoard - MAYBE
            Annelies * & Flow *
            Beth (possibility)
            Lisa (possibility)
            samcarterrules (Julia) *
            Donna *
            Doris *
            lbruce1980 (Cindy)

* depending on stewards duties

Message from NZNeep (Eileen) re the chocolateparty:
            I'm happy to take responsibility for the chocolate party on the day again. I will just need someone else to collect names and let the G4 know approximate numbers since I won't be available for the 6 weeks leading up to AT6. Last time we had a list here which worked well. I will start

Message from JuliaR re the chocolateparty:
            I've done the schedule today and the chocolate party is on it. I looked at my notes and Mumsey is the link person to talk to so can you finalise with her in numbers.
            It's down for 3.20 on Saturday in the bar alcove again.
            Participants need to go for their photos at the beginning of the 2.20 photo session.
            Hope this helps
            Julia
            x
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks very much SamJackShipLover! I have put my name down for the Chocolate party
            WACKO!!!!

Comment

28 days til AT6 Ripples!!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Last night we were asked to do an exercise about "unsung heroes" at church. You were given a slip saying "I thank God for _______ because _______." One of the girls (age 12) decided she wasn't sticking to people in the congregation, and her final submission was that she was thankful for Amanda Tapping, because she "becomes more and more of an inspiration for me every day!" Granted, the other congregation members were a bit confused, but it melted my heart .... awwwww.

In other news - I leave in 21 sleeps (not that I think there's likely to be much sleeping on that final night, with an Airways Transit pickup of 4:45am ... but still!) Eeep!
                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                ames on facebook
                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Hi all...just wondering if this chocolate party is an open event or a private function? I am always up for anything involving chocolate
                  sigpic

Comment

as far as i know it's open to anyone attending AT6. just put your name on the list.

Comment

I think in previous years we have decided to limit size by not widely advertising it, but anyone who hears about it is totally welcome. We don't want anyone feeling left out, that's not the GABIT way!
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

As long as the number of attendees hasn't reached maximum yet I would like to add my name to the list. This is my first Gabit event and am getting really excited Since this is my first year I don't know exactly how things work but if the organizers need any help I will gladly pitch in.

Chocolate party attendees
                        NZNeep (Eileen)
                        Spacegirlnz (Emma)
                        Zippy (Sammy)
                        ATFan (Amanda)
                        ames
                        llp (Laurie) *
                        Chelle
                        MidwifeOnBoard - MAYBE
                        Annelies * & Flow *
                        Beth (possibility)
                        Lisa (possibility)
                        samcarterrules (Julia) *
                        Donna *
                        Doris *
                        lbruce1980 (Cindy)
                        samcargersg1 (Nicole)

* depending on stewards duties
                        sigpic

Comment

Guys, does anybody who has been to the Ren before know if there is a bus we can get from the Ren into the centre of London?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I know there are multiple busses that will take you to Heathrow, where you can catch the tube. I would presume there would be a bus directly into the city as well ... *searches* ... google maps says you can take the N9 (which picks up a 6-min walk from the hotel at Nene Road Sipson Road (Stop BJ)) towards Soho ... drops in the City of London (and the places in between, of course). Hope that helps!
                            ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                            ames on facebook
                            ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I was gonna be catching the tube, on the Piccadilly line, from Hyde Park Corner to Heathrow Terminals 1-3 and walking. It's like £4 I think.
                              sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                              "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                              My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Julia doesn't do the tube, but I'm sure we can find an accessible bus.

Emma there is a free bus from heathrow to the Ren I'm sure someone here will pop in with the details my plane lands 7am Wednesday! Heeee. Don't let me forget to give you your birthday gift from Marian or she will sulk.
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X