No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just heard from the adoption people. they found a foster home for him but probably won't go there till next saturday. so he's my bubba boy for 1 more week.

Comment

saw someplace that you change your clocks on Oct. 28th in the UK. is that correct? we change ours here in the states and probably canada too on Nov. 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
        just heard from the adoption people. they found a foster home for him but probably won't go there till next saturday. so he's my bubba boy for 1 more week.
        Sorry to hear you have to find a new home for Bubba. Cherish the memories.

Comment

18 days til AT6 Ripples!!
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            Hey guys, one of the volunteers I met last week makes beautiful jewellery to raise money for Nepal Orphans Home. I have seen the jewellery because she has gifted pendants and rings to each of the house managers and they are gorgeous. The pendant is the logo of NOH. I will just leave this link here http://store.torixo.com/collections/vendors?q=Charity
            I got 2 necklaces...one will be given to my daughter for her birthday while I'm galavanting about London.
            I've been wearing mine & I love it. But I'm torn between wearing my Stargate point of origin symbol, ladybug and NOH necklaces...so I wear them all at the same time.
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              I got 2 necklaces...one will be given to my daughter for her birthday while I'm galavanting about London.
              I've been wearing mine & I love it. But I'm torn between wearing my Stargate point of origin symbol, ladybug and NOH necklaces...so I wear them all at the same time.
              Haha, I tend to wear my green stone pendants on one chain Each of the house managers has one and last week each of them was given one of the om rings. They really are gorgeous.

The girl who makes them visited for the first time, but her mum was here for the 3rd time and left me with a bunch of recorders and beginner music books. The kids have their biggest holidays at the moment and any with some family remaining feel obligated to visit. We have 17 kids left and I'm teaching them to play the recorder and read music... some of them have never held a musical instrument before so it's interesting
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

saw someplace that you change your clocks on Oct. 28th in the UK. is that correct? we change ours here in the states and probably canada too on Nov. 4th.
                You are correct. We change our clocks back on the 28th October.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  Haha, I tend to wear my green stone pendants on one chain Each of the house managers has one and last week each of them was given one of the om rings. They really are gorgeous.

The girl who makes them visited for the first time, but her mum was here for the 3rd time and left me with a bunch of recorders and beginner music books. The kids have their biggest holidays at the moment and any with some family remaining feel obligated to visit. We have 17 kids left and I'm teaching them to play the recorder and read music... some of them have never held a musical instrument before so it's interesting
                  I would love to be doing that right now as I'm storing and good old Canadian upright in my basement right now. My skills have deteriorated over the years but I could teach beginners. It really is fun to have a piano again after 30 year of playing the flute. Have fun!!

Donamac

Comment

Mocha: I have been off the grid lately so sorry about Bubba but folks are right you gave him a good start and you should take comfort in that. He's had nothing but love and support from you and that counts for a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      I have tendonitis in my left arm but the right one should be fine, at least for the first day, after that i'm a bit worried.
                      Chaos on Sunday
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
                        Mocha: I have been off the grid lately so sorry about Bubba but folks are right you gave him a good start and you should take comfort in that. He's had nothing but love and support from you and that counts for a lot.
                        thanks pat. he has improved a lot since i started working with him. he knows commands and behaves pretty well inside, but is just too much to handle outside. he has a family that wants him. they have another dane so he will have someone to play with. i will be transporting him to michigan saturday he will go to a foster home because his new family will be on vacation for a couple weeks. but this will be adding insult to injury- i will be giving him back on my birthday. needless to say, i am not a happy camper. hopefully AT6 and my traveling will help cheer me up. but i can't help but have a mourning period. i get more attached to dogs than i do to people i think. i have been getting lots of moral support on this site and i really appreciate it. thanks everyone. and Bubba said thank you too. either that or he said we should order pizza. he's hard to understand sometimes.

Comment

Jenn just tweeted, i guess there is something wrong with her dog. hopefully he will be ok. i feel her pain.

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                            Chaos on Sunday
                            I know! I am very concerned!

Jenn just tweeted, i guess there is something wrong with her dog. hopefully he will be ok. i feel her pain.
                            Hugs to Jenn and to you.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Just tweeted some support her way!

Hope everything is ok, I couldn't stand the thought of losing my puppy MacGyver!
                              WACKO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                I know! I am very concerned!
                                Start working out those badge pulling muscles now. Get that arm ready.
                                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                                Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X