No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally ordered my brit rail passes today. now everything is set-just have to check the train timetables and figure what buses to take between train stations.

Comment

Where you going Mocha that you have to worry about changing train stations?

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
        LOL, thanks

I boughtsome new clothes for going away the other day! I can't wait! Still counting down the days

Julia(samcarterrules)
        Heee! I haven't been buying new clothes, but hunting through what I have to find things modest enough. Never thought I dressed skanky, but dresses need to be below the knee, no cleavage. And I need to get some slippers or something because in Nepal they don't wear shoes in the house.
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Your going to Nepal? Awesome!

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

46 days til AT6 Ripples!!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Can I pack yet? Chelle when do you leave Australia?

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic

Comment

Your going to Nepal? Awesome!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                Yup for 5 months, with a detour to London in November! I have been wanting to do it since before AT5, but life got in the way I will be volunteering at Nepal Orphans Home with placements in and around Kathmandu as well as the orphanage itself. So excited/nervous. We have milk in the fridge that expires after I leave- it's that close
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Can I pack yet? Chelle when do you leave Australia?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  Don't pack too early! 7 days for me and I keep stealing stuff back out of the packing pile. NEED SOCKS NEED SOCKS!
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
                    Where you going Mocha that you have to worry about changing train stations?
                    i will be taking the heathrow express into paddington and then have to get to the King's crossing station to go to edinburgh. and coming back from York i will have to get back to paddington to get back to the airport to get back to the Ren. too bad all the trains don't go to just one really big station. guess that wouldn't be practical tho. so buses between stations.

Comment

Neep, that is so great! What an adventure!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic

Comment

Neep, that is so great! What an adventure!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        Heee I'm feeling a wee bit sick with nerves right now to be honest!
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                          i will be taking the heathrow express into paddington and then have to get to the King's crossing station to go to edinburgh. and coming back from York i will have to get back to paddington to get back to the airport to get back to the Ren. too bad all the trains don't go to just one really big station. guess that wouldn't be practical tho. so buses between stations.
                          Can you not take the tube Mocha? Or do you not trust the various stations to have functioning elevators available? (Totally valid concern, in my experience...)

Doing the hair on Thurs ... length is still being decided upon, as well as how drastically to change the colour!
                          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                          ames on facebook
                          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                            Heee I'm feeling a wee bit sick with nerves right now to be honest!
                            I completely understand the nerves. It's starting to set in on me now that I've been here for three weeks that (*gulp*) I live in England now, but it's been very good so far. There's even a reasonably cute guy who knocked politely on my door this morning to find out if I wanted to walk to classes with him. (Different course, same department so our classes are in the same building.)

Crossing my fingers that your trip goes as well as mine has so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                              Can you not take the tube Mocha? Or do you not trust the various stations to have functioning elevators available? (Totally valid concern, in my experience...)

i took the buses when i traveled after AT5 and it just seemed much simpler than the tube system to me. didn't have to figure out which stations were accessible and could do a little sight seeing while on the bus. decided to get off and zoom around because something looked interesting. can't do that on the tubes. and since i was in my scooter, i didn't have to pay. don't know if i'd have to pay for the tubes or not. of course i didn't find that out till after i bought the 1st bus ticket.

Comment

That's pretty cool - too bad they don't do that here! Are most busses there able to accomodate your scooter? Not many here can do that.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X