GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    Kid? Moi? Lol...haven't been called that for donkeys years!
    I'm counting down the days til I leave as well as AT6...I'm starting to take a little more time now to slow down & think about what I need to do...so relieved that I have made it over some big hurdles with no problems.
    Aw c'mon chelle - we all know you're a big kid at heart!
    I've spoken to the agent, and we're going with the original flight dates - it's just going to be too expensive for me to change them now. On the upside, I've spoken with both my Cdn and English banks, so I'm all good on that end. Next time we chat, we can decide on booking trains in England, and then that'll be all sorted for us too!

Originally posted by llp View Post
    That would be the easy and most practical way of doing it! However, I rarely make it easy for me! My clothing isn't the problem - they are in my dresser and closet. But, I have 12 boxes of blue jello and a pair of hooker high heel shoes that are already packed in two different boxes somewhere in my apt. Have way too many boxes to figure out which ones! So once I actually move - I'll just have to open up all the boxes! Sometimes I'm just to efficient!
    That is actually quite an effective incentive to unpack everything once the move goes. I'm currently facing a similar conundrum in that my passport is ... somewhere safe. But not where it's *supposed* to be hiding. I know it's in my room ... somewhere.... (NO, it's not in my underwear drawer, as I still don't have one of those *shakes head*) which means ames'll be giving her room a total overhaul tidy-up in the relatively near future!
    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
    ames on facebook
    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Laurie, so far I've survived my move. (Minus a little sunburn and a couple blisters from hauling two suitcases all over London on the tube.) Dunno if you'll find that encouraging or not, but I'm sure you'll be fine, too.

I move into my university housing the day after tomorrow. I plan to for the first time in my life start unpacking immediately upon moving into a place instead of merely digging whatever I need out of the boxes. We'll see how the plan holds up to reality.

Comment

That would be the easy and most practical way of doing it! However, I rarely make it easy for me! My clothing isn't the problem - they are in my dresser and closet. But, I have 12 boxes of blue jello and a pair of hooker high heel shoes that are already packed in two different boxes somewhere in my apt. Have way too many boxes to figure out which ones! So once I actually move - I'll just have to open up all the boxes! Sometimes I'm just to efficient!
        Heh, heh. Hope your bags don't get searched. "Ma'am, are you sure you don't intend to work while in the UK? Because these" *holds up shoes* "say otherwise."

Originally posted by Trindajae View Post
        Laurie, so far I've survived my move. (Minus a little sunburn and a couple blisters from hauling two suitcases all over London on the tube.) Dunno if you'll find that encouraging or not, but I'm sure you'll be fine, too.

I move into my university housing the day after tomorrow. I plan to for the first time in my life start unpacking immediately upon moving into a place instead of merely digging whatever I need out of the boxes. We'll see how the plan holds up to reality.
        Yay! Have fun. My cousin and her boyfriend are doing their PhDs in mathematics on full scholarships at Oxford. They are loving it, even rowing for their colleges
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          Heh, heh. Hope your bags don't get searched. "Ma'am, are you sure you don't intend to work while in the UK? Because these" *holds up shoes* "say otherwise."
          Hmmm - I suppose telling them that I am transporting them for someone else's use wouldn't be good either - they might think I'm her pimp.....oops!
          sigpic

Comment

Trin, didn't know you had already made the move. when will you show up at the Renn?

Starsong when will you be at the Renn?

Comment

well, finally was able to upload a photo. so this is my neighbor who has been helping me walk Bubba. she came by tonight and i warned her what could happen if she sat on his couch. bubba starts school tomorrow afternoon. so happy.

Comment

Mocha:

I'll be at the REN on Nov 8th. After three weeks in the UK I think I'll be ready for a rest. When do you plan to be there?

Comment

we'll get there probably late on Nov 7th-wed. we'll be coming from York. wish i could afford to have a few weeks to go see all the places that interested me, but i was born beautiful and not rich. actually i'm very grateful for the time i've had in the past exploring ireland ,england, scotland and iceland. i'll never forget all that. and i'll have a friend traveling with me this time so that will be fun. look forward to seeing everyone at the Renn. i guess gabit peeps will be there wed. so i'll get to see jenn and mayo again. look forward to that. not sure if we're doing anything thursday or just hanging around. might go into london, but no definite plans. i'm gonna miss my baby giant. hope he will be a good boy and not eat my couch or drink all the water out of my aquarium.hope he won't drive mom and friend crazy with his zoomies. i'm very grateful that the neighbor woman in the photo wants to help out by walking him everyday while i'm gone. she's even going to go to some of his classes with us. she really likes him, even tho he sat on her.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]35472[/ATTACH]
                    well, finally was able to upload a photo. so this is my neighbor who has been helping me walk Bubba. she came by tonight and i warned her what could happen if she sat on his couch. bubba starts school tomorrow afternoon. so happy.
                    Hah! I saw that photo and looked over at my dog. Sitting on my mum asking for her cookie, perfectly lap sized.
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

60 days til AT6 Ripples!!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

Yay! Have fun. My cousin and her boyfriend are doing their PhDs in mathematics on full scholarships at Oxford. They are loving it, even rowing for their colleges
                        Hee hee, why do you think i asked llp to get the shoes.

Hmmm - I suppose telling them that I am transporting them for someone else's use wouldn't be good either - they might think I'm her pimp.....oops!
                        LOL!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

59 days til AT6 Ripples!!

We've dropped into the 50's...these numbers are dropping very fast!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Hee hee, why do you think i asked llp to get the shoes.

LOL!
                            Tonight on the radio they were reading out text messages that went "I'm employed as... but you will also find me..."

One of them was "I'm employed as a lawyer but you will find me stripping in the evenings."

Eh-T! Eh-T! Eh-T!
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                              59 days til AT6 Ripples!!

We've dropped into the 50's...these numbers are dropping very fast!
                              MEEEEP!!!

For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                                MEEEEP!!!

Yes? Oh.

Mumsey, I just woke up from a horrible nightmare where someone smashed my face into the wall of the lift in the Ren and you were all "Eileen, you have been fighting. Banned for life." And then you kicked me out even though I had been knocked out so it wasn't even like I could fight back. Now I'm getting worked up again even though it was only a dream. Hehe, think my stress dream has anything to do with the fact I will be landing in Mumbai and on my way to Nepal this time in 3 weeks?

And that is why I'm online at 3.30am when I have work in the morning.
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X