GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
    it is freakin cold here in chicago!! it's 14f now but the high winds make it a -1f wind chill. so weird, a week and a half ago was 50's(t-shirt weather) and 2-3 days from now it will be upper 30's and 40's. you never know what to expect. is everybody else's weather being weird?
    Wuss!

It is -38C (pretty much the same in F when it gets that cold) here today with the wind chill. Pretty much the same when I walked home the other day. Gives you a nice tingly feeling in your legs! However, we are not complaining here. We had an extremely mild winter up until a few days ago (set all kinds of records for warm temperatures) and only a month and a half until March so we're laughing. Besides, when it's cold your car stays clean. Have I mentioned I'm a glass-half-full kind of gal?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
      Mocha and Laurie:

Here in Milwaukee it is a glorious clear day; of course, it's about 7F so a little warmer than Chicago. So Laurie are you staying inside or going out and experiencing the snow in Seattle

I still am trying to figure out why I live here; I hate Winter !!!!
      I have been trying to stay inside because I've been very sick (with a really bad cold). I only went out the afternoon before the storm to get to the grocery store for new supplies. Other than that I have only been able to enjoy it through my windows!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
        I have been trying to stay inside because I've been very sick (with a really bad cold). I only went out the afternoon before the storm to get to the grocery store for new supplies. Other than that I have only been able to enjoy it through my windows!
        At least it is pretty to look at, even if you can't go out and play. Hope you are feeling better soon (that's been dragging on for a while).

Comment

Might grab my sunglasses and sit down by the harbour in the sun to eat my lunch
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            (Slaps smartass Kiwi!)

Mumsey
            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Sorry!

You guys can make fun of me when I'm in a cold climate this October.
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Sorry!

Oh don't worry, we will

Actually, the UK has had a pretty mild winter so far *touches wood*, so maybe mother nature is going easy on us as payback for the last two very cold, snowy winters

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                  That's why it's called "The Windy City"!.
                  Weird is normal for the UK. Being an island we get all sorts of weather - sometimes in one day.
                  Mumsey
                  Kinda like Melbourne - 4 season in a day. Currently we're having a chillier than normal summer day - but the temps are set to get back up to the 30C's by Monday...always when I go back to work.
                  Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
                  Mocha and Laurie:
                  Here in Milwaukee it is a glorious clear day; of course, it's about 7F so a little warmer than Chicago. So Laurie are you staying inside or going out and experiencing the snow in Seattle
                  I still am trying to figure out why I live here; I hate Winter !!!!
                  I love winter. In summer even with the a/c on, it can be hard to cool down but in winter, the heater plus layers makes it easier to regulate the body temp. Much more cosier too.
                  Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Wuss!
                  It is -38C (pretty much the same in F when it gets that cold) here today with the wind chill. Pretty much the same when I walked home the other day. Gives you a nice tingly feeling in your legs! However, we are not complaining here. We had an extremely mild winter up until a few days ago (set all kinds of records for warm temperatures) and only a month and a half until March so we're laughing. Besides, when it's cold your car stays clean. Have I mentioned I'm a glass-half-full kind of gal?
                  I have to admit, I do worry about you walking out in those temps. Wouldn't take long for hyperthermia to set in. Take it easy out there.
                  I think you Kiwi's stole our summer. Not that I'm complianing. Just don't send it back at easter time...nothing worse than going camping and not being able to light a fire...let alone melted easter eggs.

So I crunched the numbers last nght and looks like I will be taking leave from work from October 24 through til December 15...hoping to leave Aus by October 28 and return home by December 5...now to crunch more numbers & buy my plane ticket.
                  Yay!!!!
                  *does a happy dance*
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Sorry!
                    If you take your pants off again, we expect to see tanned skin with all the lovely weather you've had ths year.
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

We hit 78F (25.5C) this afternoon - not bad for mid-winter!
                      sigpic

Comment

i don't mind the cold that much, but i like it better when there is pretty snow on the ground. not an over abundance of it, but a coating. supposed to get 2-6 inches tomorrow, so i'll be out with my scooter plowing the drive and cleaning off the cars. thank God for the guy that invented the auto start thing on my car. + heated seats. if we order a pizza, the heated seats keep it warm all the way home. sometimes i tolerate the cold better than the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          If you take your pants off again, we expect to see tanned skin with all the lovely weather you've had ths year.
                          Hey, I have an entire winter between now and November! I will be the whitest one there. Not that I'm very tan right now, something my sister's Maori girlfriend pointed out when the police waved us through a stop point the other day. Whether they were racially profiling or not, I *was* actually doing something illegal by driving my unlicensed sister on my restricted. First time I have ever broken the rules and was that close to being caught.

Anyway the point of all that was- be blinded by my dazzling white limbs!
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Hey, I have an entire winter between now and November! I will be the whitest one there. Not that I'm very tan right now, something my sister's Maori girlfriend pointed out when the police waved us through a stop point the other day. Whether they were racially profiling or not, I *was* actually doing something illegal by driving my unlicensed sister on my restricted. First time I have ever broken the rules and was that close to being caught.

I was gonna say "I'll see your white legs and raise my whiter legs" but that just sounded wrong. *too much poker channel for me *
                            I don't tan - ever. I go red then back to white. Though after I got severely sunburned a few years ago, I did have a tan line of sorts...I think it was more a burn line.
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Another good thing about the cold. When it is really cold we gets lots of sun! And sun dogs!

I have to admit, I do worry about you walking out in those temps. Wouldn't take long for hyperthermia to set in. Take it easy out there.

So I crunched the numbers last nght and looks like I will be taking leave from work from October 24 through til December 15...hoping to leave Aus by October 28 and return home by December 5...now to crunch more numbers & buy my plane ticket.
                              Yay!!!!
                              *does a happy dance*
                              No worries, the secret is to keep moving!

That's a nice long break. I'll likely just be taking a week off max.

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                              i don't mind the cold that much, but i like it better when there is pretty snow on the ground. not an over abundance of it, but a coating. supposed to get 2-6 inches tomorrow, so i'll be out with my scooter plowing the drive and cleaning off the cars. thank God for the guy that invented the auto start thing on my car. + heated seats. if we order a pizza, the heated seats keep it warm all the way home. sometimes i tolerate the cold better than the heat.
                              Do you have a plow blade on the front of the scooter?

That's quite enough of that!!

I was gonna say "I'll see your white legs and raise my whiter legs" but that just sounded wrong. *too much poker channel for me *
                              I don't tan - ever. I go red then back to white. Though after I got severely sunburned a few years ago, I did have a tan line of sorts...I think it was more a burn line.
                              I have two colours, white and off-white.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                Another good thing about the cold. When it is really cold we gets lots of sun! And sun dogs!
                                Sun Dogs???? I assume Sun "Hot" dogs????

Originally posted by EH-T
                                I have two colours, white and off-white.
                                You get that much sun.....????

I have two colors as well: White and what ever color is lighter than that!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X