GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    maybe the nubbins keep eating your entry into the lottery. Om nom.
    Not this time though. I will be going in November.

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
    wow, going thru some old papers on my desk and found the AT5 schedule. may be different, but this was the last schedule
    friday
    registration - 1:30-4:30,
    amanda's fans not alone meeting-1pm
    saturday
    registration opens 8am-4:30,
    doors to main hall open at 8:15am-be seated by 8:30
    8:35 - opening ceremonies,
    9am - amanda's Q+A 1-9am.
    12:05-1:05-lunch(starbucks) break.
    12:50 doors open, be seated by 1:10
    1:30 amanda's Q+A 2
    2:25-4:20 = misc stuff
    4:45 charity auction
    9pm - 12 abnormals ball
    sunday
    8:10am doors open, be seated by 8:30
    8:45 amanda's Q+A 3
    9:45 1:10 = misc. stuff
    1:10-2:10 lunch
    1:50 doors open be seated by 2:10
    2:25 amanda's Q+A 4
    3:20-5:45 =misc stuff
    6:15 -7pm - closing ceremonies, bring kleenex

photo sessions are on sat and autograph sessions are on sunday. coffee w/amanda is 11:05 sunday.
    so that's what it was last time. the misc stuff is unknown by us till the actual schedule comes out. some times may be different, but julia usually has the scheduled things down to the minute and some times the minutes get confused, but they're pretty good with keeping on schedule.
    i should clean my desk more often, but they say that a clean desk is a sign of a sick mind.
    Thanks for digging this out. I was going to see if I had an old schedule because I was trying to remember when registration was on the Friday.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
      wow, going thru some old papers on my desk and found the AT5 schedule. may be different, but this was the last schedule

friday
      registration - 1:30-4:30,
      amanda's fans not alone meeting-1pm
      Cocktail Party: Doors open 6pm, food 6.45 and Amanda usually comes in as coffee is being served. She spends time chatting on each table, and then John takes a group photo of each table with her. Everyone gets a copy of that. (Came from Mumsey)

saturday
      registration opens 8am-4:30,
      doors to main hall open at 8:15am-be seated by 8:30
      8:35 - opening ceremonies,
      9am - amanda's Q+A 1-9am.
      12:05-1:05-lunch(starbucks) break.
      12:50 doors open, be seated by 1:10
      1:30 amanda's Q+A 2
      2:25-4:20 = misc stuff
      4:45 charity auction
      9pm - 12 abnormals ball

sunday
      8:10am doors open, be seated by 8:30
      8:45 amanda's Q+A 3
      9:45 1:10 = misc. stuff
      1:10-2:10 lunch
      1:50 doors open be seated by 2:10
      2:25 amanda's Q+A 4
      3:20-5:45 =misc stuff
      6:15 -7pm - closing ceremonies, bring kleenex

photo sessions are on sat and autograph sessions are on sunday. coffee w/amanda is 11:05 sunday.
      So I changed this just a little to include the info Mumsey gave us about the cocktail party! Now this is only a "tentative" schedule using AT5 as an example - that is except for the cocktail party info that Mumsey gave us a few days ago!
      sigpic

Comment

I'm scowling at all the 'am' bits Lol

Comment

Just think, I'm currently 5 hours behind you, so the 9am is actually 4am here ... I don't need to be overly conscious for the am bits though, right? *quirks eyebrow*
          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
          ames on facebook
          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by Trindajae View Post

On a slightly off-topic note, I'm going to be in London again in two weeks. I still haven't heard one way or the other if I've been accepted to the university I applied to, so I don't really have an itinerary. (If I get accepted, I'll be spending some quality time in Portsmouth to start getting acquainted with the geography.) I've done some of the major touristing in London and I'd like to get away from the city a bit. Anybody who has started their AT6 touristing research have any suggestions for day trips from London? Especially any recommendations for tour companies.
            Hi all, made it over here from the Gabit forum to check out the schedule Mocha put up. (Thanks Mocha!) Saw this question from Trin, so thought I'd chime in.

It's been a long time since I've been to London, but I remember lots of cool places I went to. (Can't wait to get back!) The Dover/Canterbury trip was way cool, definitely worth a visit.

Other trips I'd definitely recommend are Stonehenge and Bath (did that in 1 full day), and perhaps Stratford on Avon especially if you like Shakespeare. We went there and saw Taming of the Shrew, and we loved it! (We arranged for our tickets before we left the US, and went on our own via train).

Speaking of Shakespeare, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Amanda play Beatrice in "Much Ado About Nothing" Don't you? (I loved Emma Thompson playing that role opposite Kenneth Bragnagh too.)

Comment

For the non-Twitter types.

Julia just tweeted that S4K Merchandise will be launched at Chevron...

Comment

I second the recommendation of Stonehenge and Bath. Bath is wonderful if you love Georgian architecture (I do) and of course the Roman Baths. Don't miss the Pump Room for tea and the Museum of Clothing. Bath Abbey is very nice as well. Stonehenge surprised me as it was smaller than I expected from the pictures I'd seen in National Geographic and so forth.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post

and hinted/suggested that info on ways to get it for those not going conning would be forthcoming
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yvetzky View Post
                    Hi all, made it over here from the Gabit forum to check out the schedule Mocha put up. (Thanks Mocha!) Saw this question from Trin, so thought I'd chime in.

It's been a long time since I've been to London, but I remember lots of cool places I went to. (Can't wait to get back!) The Dover/Canterbury trip was way cool, definitely worth a visit.

Other trips I'd definitely recommend are Stonehenge and Bath (did that in 1 full day), and perhaps Stratford on Avon especially if you like Shakespeare. We went there and saw Taming of the Shrew, and we loved it! (We arranged for our tickets before we left the US, and went on our own via train).

Speaking of Shakespeare, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Amanda play Beatrice in "Much Ado About Nothing" Don't you? (I loved Emma Thompson playing that role opposite Kenneth Bragnagh too.)
                    Welcome.

Would love to know how you travelled to Stonehenge and Bath and the approximate cost.

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post

That would be me. Thanks. Woohoo for S4K merchandise.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    and hinted/suggested that info on ways to get it for those not going conning would be forthcoming
                    Good to know.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    I second the recommendation of Stonehenge and Bath. Bath is wonderful if you love Georgian architecture (I do) and of course the Roman Baths. Don't miss the Pump Room for tea and the Museum of Clothing. Bath Abbey is very nice as well. Stonehenge surprised me as it was smaller than I expected from the pictures I'd seen in National Geographic and so forth.
                    Ditto my question on travel there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      I also recommend this. When my niece and I went she obtained passes for special access for viewing the stones. We actually had access to the stones themselves and were there at the sunrise. We didn't go with a "tour group" but by ourselves. If anyone is interested in where she got the tickets let me know and I will ask her. You can't beat being with the stones themselves I've been twice and very memorable experience.

Comment

Originally posted by stargazing5846 View Post
                        I also recommend this. When my niece and I went she obtained passes for special access for viewing the stones. We actually had access to the stones themselves and were there at the sunrise. We didn't go with a "tour group" but by ourselves. If anyone is interested in where she got the tickets let me know and I will ask her. You can't beat being with the stones themselves I've been twice and very memorable experience.
                        I'd be interested, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          I'd be interested, thanks.
                          OK, will get a hold of my niece and see where she got the passes.

Comment

Latest update from S4K:

February 1, 2012 . Two more houses have been built and we now have raised over $22000! The campaign officially ends February 14th. This has been such fun and we hope you have enjoyed participating

Comment

Welcome.

Would love to know how you travelled to Stonehenge and Bath and the approximate cost.

That would be me. Thanks. Woohoo for S4K merchandise.

Good to know.

Ditto my question on travel there.
                              Originally posted by stargazing5846 View Post
                              I went with a group. We were picked up at a hotel in London, travelled by bus to Bath for a tour of the Baths, lunched in Lacock (village around since middle ages, filmed part of the early Harry Potter stuff there by the by ), and hit Stonehenge in time for sunset. As part of this group, we were allowed access to the actual stones. I have a fond memory of tripping at one point, and putting out a hand to keep from face-planting (I know, *ME*, clumsy? :rollseyes ... and then realising I was actually _touching_ part of Stonehenge - it was a cool moment!!!

I'd love to know how to get access without being part of the group, if you don't mind sharing! Our tickets were about 65 GBP, but that was also a good 5 years ago.

Latest update from S4K:

February 1, 2012 . Two more houses have been built and we now have raised over $22000! The campaign officially ends February 14th. This has been such fun and we hope you have enjoyed participating
                              Awesome news!
                              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                              ames on facebook
                              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I went to Bath by train from London and spent the day there. Went to Stonehenge on a different day with a group via bus.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X