GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
    Ames, a lot of airlines are good if you call them and will give you extra weight allowance to transport stuff if you say it's for charitable purposes.

We've done it before to get stuff to India and to South America?
    Yea, but blue jello? I can also get lots of boxes of blue jello here. They sale it stateside all over the place. If necessary, I can sent it to the UK to someone so they have it in plenty of time. Not a big deal for me. Just need to know who I send it to - like a name and address! I won't be able to make it at the hotel! Just let me know.

Now Chelle DB - be careful offering to send TimTams everywhere....there are a lot of us out there that love them and can't get them in the stores here! But, I'm glad you are doing better. Need to get you back to 100%.

Celandine - I doubt they will be able to take your money ahead of time. It is a confusing method of payment if you don't live in the UK..... I'd like to get it done an over with as well, but so be it! Guess I'll have to keep my money a little longer!
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Cenaldine for eharing your memories-- anyone got anything else to share?? Seems like I've missed out on SOOOOOOO much! Gotta get my head around all of this *grin

Comment

LLP

Both times we did they never actually asked us what we were transporting!
        And one of them was Vet supplies containing medicines

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          Amanda called me the Aussie chocolate pusher on twitter a couple of months ago when she finally recieved her care package of Tim Tams...we have a new flavour by the way - honeycomb - and they is yummy!! I've said it before, I'm more than happy to send a few pkts out if you would like...just let me know...it really is no problem.

If you want, I can bring some blue jelly over from here...we have two different blue jellies tho...maybe I should send you a sample of each & you can let me know if I need to pack some. Anything to help out. xo

I'm doing much better now btw....more physio today with dry needling but with fingers crossed I shall be back to full duty by next Tuesday if I get cleared by the doc on Monday. I've been on light duties since August which means I've had a pay cut for all that time but still have had to work the same hours. Got lots of saving to make up for for AT6.

94 days til payment of AT6 tickets are due!

398 days til AT6 Ripples!!
          Two different kinds of bluey goodness? Yes, this definitely calls for a taste-test!
          The US and Cdn versions are different as well - the US version is blueberry & raspberry whereas the Cdn is blackberry & raspberry ... or vice versa ... I'd have to go check my stash again!

Glad to hear you're doing better! That sucks about the pay - if we go on light duty here, there's different rules re: pay, depending on how long you'll be doing the alternate duties. :/

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
          Perhaps sending boxes of the stuff over early through the mail to one of the G4? Not sure how many I'll be able to fit in my luggage but I'm sure I can squeeze in a few boxes.

Question for the G4: Payment is in 94/95 days (depending on where you live), but I was wondering when would the earliest date to pay be? I'd love to pay this thing off before Christmas if possible so I have one less thing to worry about. Thanks.
          Thx for the offer Cel - I may be putting out the all-call for attendees who live in readily accessible areas to bring a couple of boxes, we'll see! To paraphrase Bill Cosby, there's always room for blue jello! LOL

As to shipping it to someone's house, see previous comment re: not costing random appendages. One of the things I'm going to look into is shipping versus posting, and check the pricing on that. Jello is HEAVY! I did have a couple of offers of people willing to look after a box leading up to the event though, so it's always a possibility

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
          Ames, a lot of airlines are good if you call them and will give you extra weight allowance to transport stuff if you say it's for charitable purposes.

We've done it before to get stuff to India and to South America?
          Ooh, now that's something I hadn't thought of before, and probably should have - thanks for bringing it to my attention Mayo! Considering I managed to bring back Becks' helmet as an extra carry-on by declaring it as a charity auction item, that would make sense Although I did get quite a few funny looks, and really started to worry about whether I was going to clear security in Montreal ... but that's a story for another day!
          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
          ames on facebook
          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I think it was for AT3 (or was it 4?) that I was surprised to receive two large boxes of the blue gold-dust. It's been done before and could be done again. I'm quite happy to take delivery. Work it out between you and let me know.

Mumsey

(who fondly remembers the bemused look on the courier driver's face when I told him what was in those two very heavy parcels!)
            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada (not quite the same as in the US - less emphasis on football, although the over-abundance of food and family get-togethers are similar, and our holiday is actually on the Monday as opposed to a Thursday ... plus, of course, ours falls a month earlier -- but I digress!)

As such, I want to give thanks to GABIT, for all the wonderful friends and family these events have brought into my life. Over the past five or so years, I have met (and bonded with) people who bolstered me up when I needed supporting, who quietly listened when I needed sounding boards, who gave me a hug when I needed one...or twenty. They shared in my adventures (attempting to find Jack's cabin pops to mind ... or trying to figure out how I was going to get my new helmet home...) and helped to create traditions (blue jello FTW!!!). They even drove me crazy sometimes ... or just jumped on and enjoyed the ride They have made me laugh, have helped me when I cried, let me bounce free when my sugar intake coupled with lack of sleep reached that critical level, and even demanded to know what the heck was wrong when I was simply trying to behave, as previously instructed It's been a bit of a turbulent ride, at times, but the stresses proved to make me appreciate the blessings and fun times even more.

So thank you, for everything!
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I think if there are mutliple flavors of Blue, we need to have a tasting session at AT6.

Also? Really not safe to offer to send me foodstuffs. We shouldn't feed the addictions. Although if anyone has easy access to Bundaberg ginger beer... I will very happily trade foods for that one. (Though that would have to be at AT6 probably because shipping liquids is incredibly expensive. They're heavy.)

Comment

We have bundaberg

I could bring our version of blue? I think it's lemonade flavour. Weird.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                    Now Chelle DB - be careful offering to send TimTams everywhere....there are a lot of us out there that love them and can't get them in the stores here! But, I'm glad you are doing better. Need to get you back to 100%.
                    This year, I sent 6 packages to the Sanctuary set as the large box I sent last year didn't quite get around to everyone as I had hoped. So I sent them to individuals...it's no hassle really. I just have to keep the parcels small...er. I can always bring some along to AT6 and I'm sure there are gonna be a few more Aussies there (more than at AT4 anyway) so there might be plenty to go round. I just thought that if anyone really would have liked some now then I could send some...before Christmas.
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                      I think it was for AT3 (or was it 4?) that I was surprised to receive two large boxes of the blue gold-dust. It's been done before and could be done again. I'm quite happy to take delivery. Work it out between you and let me know.

Mumsey

(who fondly remembers the bemused look on the courier driver's face when I told him what was in those two very heavy parcels!)
                      that was AT 4. and it was expensive-over $100 for the 2 boxes. it would have been a lot more thru fed-ex and ups.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

Mumsey

Tell me where to send it and I'll gladly send over a box of boxes!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Celandine - I doubt they will be able to take your money ahead of time. It is a confusing method of payment if you don't live in the UK..... I'd like to get it done an over with as well, but so be it! Guess I'll have to keep my money a little longer!
                          Yeah, you're more than likely right. Prolly things need to be set up yet in that regard. I'm just one to always try and pay things off right away and never get behind on my bills. Anyway, I've a special account set aside which I've been adding to for many months already especially for this trip so it'll just be a bit more padded by the time January rolls around. No worries, I can wait.

Originally posted by ames View Post
                          Two different kinds of bluey goodness? Yes, this definitely calls for a taste-test!
                          The US and Cdn versions are different as well - the US version is blueberry & raspberry whereas the Cdn is blackberry & raspberry ... or vice versa ... I'd have to go check my stash again!

Thx for the offer Cel - I may be putting out the all-call for attendees who live in readily accessible areas to bring a couple of boxes, we'll see! To paraphrase Bill Cosby, there's always room for blue jello! LOL
                          I'm sure I'll have room in my bags and I know I can squeeze a few boxes in R's bags, too. She won't understand exactly what I'm doing or the fascination of blue jello in the UK, but she'll for sure have a laugh about it. Just let me know what you'd like to do.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          This year, I sent 6 packages to the Sanctuary set as the large box I sent last year didn't quite get around to everyone as I had hoped. So I sent them to individuals...it's no hassle really. I just have to keep the parcels small...er. I can always bring some along to AT6 and I'm sure there are gonna be a few more Aussies there (more than at AT4 anyway) so there might be plenty to go round. I just thought that if anyone really would have liked some now then I could send some...before Christmas.
                          Heh. I guess I must be the only one not addicted to Tim Tams. I actually gave away the one pkg I had cos it was sitting on my shelf for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post

Heh. I guess I must be the only one not addicted to Tim Tams. I actually gave away the one pkg I had cos it was sitting on my shelf for so long.
                            You're not the only one Cel, I'm not that keen on them either, nor on the blue jello Tim Tams are similar to the UK penguin bars, which I also don't like - each to their own tastes I guess

I still have three boxes of bj left over from AT5, but it'll be out of use by date before AT6

Comment

I found TimTams a bit too sweet for my tastes. My son-in-law can't get enough of them though.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                You're not the only one Cel, I'm not that keen on them either, nor on the blue jello Tim Tams are similar to the UK penguin bars, which I also don't like - each to their own tastes I guess

I still have three boxes of bj left over from AT5, but it'll be out of use by date before AT6
                                Jumble - to be honest - I don't even remember what a TimTam tastes like. I do like English chocolate though. As for blue jello - I prefer red - but then mine doesn't have an alcohol in it either!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X