GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Julia R
    And in reply to your later comment about being overwhelmed about the thought of meeting Amanda. Bless you. You'll be fine. Trust me. She's so warm and understanding you'll soon find yourself relaxing.
    Originally posted by Mumsey
    Don't worry about meeting Amanda. She's a sweetheart and just like ' the girl next door'. As Michael Shanks once said - "That's quite a neighbourhood!"
    Thanks, guys. That's really sweet. I'm still a bit awed, but as you say, it'll be fine once I get there. I'm just afraid of seeming like a gimp. There again... after lurking, I think everyone knows my gimp status on GW!!!

I'm not a shy or nervous person, really. I'm a little bit iffy with men, but on the whole, I'm slightly over the top, if anything. But certain people.... I just babble like an idiot (rephrase that....you always babble like an idiot....)

Anyhooo, thank you ladies! I'm sure you'll get used to my worrywart status as time approaches. And I know it must be work work work, but if you're lurking on here, it means there's still hope and a little time to play.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      But otherwise FHB... I'll be out there with you watching and gabbing and taking plenty of pix as Kligs, Rune, Kat & Bev come waltzing through in their festive finery...
      *laughing-* festive finery? I usually look like I've been pulled through a hedge backwards so that should be quite a task to pull off

Bev will be wearing her lurex cat suit with sequined trims and Kliggs has promised to don the pvc number again (the one with the spangly dangly accessories.)

*makes a quick exit before Kliggs catches up*

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon
        Baggie, I'll chill with you in the foyer if you don't mind hanging with an retired USAF pointy head (< it's an official USAF term), gutter girl, S&J shipper chick who just happens to adore AT but couldn't get a cocktail ticket before they sold out but is still all tingly about going to GABIT2 in November. *takes a breath*
        (((Amber))) so glad you got a ticket!

Some of my best memories of Gabit are just hanging about in the hotel foyer drinking coffee (keep that tea away from me!!!!) with the gang and chattering and giggling till my eyes watered so I can't wait to do it again this year with the added bonus of you, SS and other new friends, heh, quite a little group from the Gutter we've got going too ^^

Comment

Tracey Jane:

Oh I can so relate to that! I was utterly overwhelmed the first time I met Amanda, and I've never been like that about anyone in my life. It was at SG4, which had Amanda and Michael. I went up for my photo with Amanda, and the camera guy mucked it up so we had to do it again, and Amanda chatted to me while we waited for him to set up, then we had the photo done, and I walked off and it just hit me like a ton of bricks. I remember thinking she is so incredibly nice. And that's when I started hyperventilating! Luckily I was well away from where the photos were being taken, otherwise I'd have died of embarrassment, and two of my friends were there to sit me down and get my head between my legs. I felt like I was 16 not a grown woman of 36! I hadn't had any problems when I'd had my photo taken with Michael, possibly because he reminded me so much of Mr Gipsy, but mostly because he was the one who got 'embarrassed' when he asked what I was holding and the camera guy, the girls stewarding, and his minder all said 'It's a clanger' as if to say, like, doesn't everyone know that! It was a funny moment, and broke the ice for me.

Shimmerstar:
          >>and GateGipsy…. A mysterious woman in peasant skirt and shawl, looking conspicuously like Daniel…<<

ooooh you're going to be a tad disappointed! I'll see if I can dig up the peasant skirt and shawl for you but I've got to say I look nothing like Daniel! I do wear glasses but I have long dark wavy hair, olive skin, brown eyes and am 5 foot 2 and a half inches tall. I have a kiwi accent, and no ability to speak other languages at all!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
            ooooh you're going to be a tad disappointed! I'll see if I can dig up the peasant skirt and shawl for you but I've got to say I look nothing like Daniel! I do wear glasses but I have long dark wavy hair, olive skin, brown eyes and am 5 foot 2 and a half inches tall. I have a kiwi accent, and no ability to speak other languages at all!
            I didn't hear a Kiwi accent. The rest I remember. Maybe I was talking to your twin? However, they will not be disappointed.
            sigpic

Comment

And I just realized, I’ll get to wipe out those mental pictures I have of the mods (mostly thanks to the icons they’ve had…..) and replace them with memories of the real thing!

Feli… a tall Amazon with a *really* big paddle in hand and a smile like RDA’s….
              Skydiver… a petite clone of AT with goggles, lugging a parachute behind her…
              and GateGipsy…. A mysterious woman in peasant skirt and shawl, looking conspicuously like Daniel…
              Heheh, I have that problem of associating people with their avatars too and was outraged at the last Gabit to find most people looked nothing like them (and yes I did say 'most' *grins*)

Originally Posted by SWMBOTGSG
              Thanks for the lovely welcome kids. Nice to be here.
              Mumsey
              *waves to Mumsey*
              Yay, glad you're here, I promise to behave myself now

Comment

Hi chums. It is my great honour to be given the task doing todays countdown. And so, it is with great pleasure that I announce that it's.... approximately...um...could be...around about...nearly...sort of...um...

310 Days To Go! (Maybe)

Thank you. *bows*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                  Hi chums. It is my great honour to be given the task doing todays countdown. And so, it is with great pleasure that I announce that it's.... approximately...um...could be...around about...nearly...sort of...um...

310 Days To Go! (Maybe)

Thank you. *bows*
                  *wipes away a tear* so eloquent Bev
                  I'm kind of disappointed HyperSmileyGuy didn't help with the grand announcement though ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
                    *wipes away a tear* so eloquent Bev
                    I'm kind of disappointed HyperSmileyGuy didn't help with the grand announcement though ^^
                    *hands Rune a tissue* He was too overcome with emotion to join me.
                    Last edited by dipsofjazz; 10 January 2006, 07:21 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Skydiver… a petite clone of AT with goggles, lugging a parachute behind her…

hehehehe, bring my chute huh????? yeah, i'll have fun at customs!!

acutally, i don't have a chute. the one time i jumped i borrowed the chute but i did wear goggles. there's even a pic of me somewhere, i'll need to find it

eta: there it is. bout time i changed my avatar anyway
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                        *hands Rune a tissue* He was too overcome with emotion to join me.
                        Yay, there he is! You are going to do your impression of him again this year aren't you?

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        My goodness, I'd be screaming all the way down but ... but ... but you look like you were enjoying it! Way to go! BTW, you do realise this means you have to strike that self-same pose in the hotel foyer now so that we can recognise you instantly don't you?
                        Last edited by Rune; 10 January 2006, 08:14 AM.

Comment

I have to admit, I kinda imagined Sky as a mini AT clone because of her avatar, but she says she's not....whoops.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            I have to admit, I kinda imagined Sky as a mini AT clone because of her avatar, but she says she's not....whoops.
                            Avs can be deceiving but never fear, Kliggs will be easy to spot as she really does have cute fuzzy pink n white bunny ears, Baggie n Bev will vouch for this!

Comment

Originally posted by Rune

My goodness, I'd be screaming all the way down but ... but ... but you look like you were enjoying it! Way to go! BTW, you do realise this means you have to strike that self-same pose in the hotel foyer now so that we can recognise you instantly don't you?

i did as soon as we stepped off the plane....that kept right on flying without up!!!!!!!!!1

freefall is a trip and a half and if it wasn't for that pesky gravity thing it coulda gone on a lot longer

and i reserve the right to remain vertical
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                hehehehe, bring my chute huh????? yeah, i'll have fun at customs!!

acutally, i don't have a chute. the one time i jumped i borrowed the chute but i did wear goggles. there's even a pic of me somewhere, i'll need to find it

Woohoo! I did a parachute jump once back in 1983, when I was young and stupid. Now I'm just old and....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X