GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateGipsy
    ooooh you're going to be a tad disappointed! I'll see if I can dig up the peasant skirt and shawl for you but I've got to say I look nothing like Daniel! I do wear glasses but I have long dark wavy hair, olive skin, brown eyes and am 5 foot 2 and a half inches tall. I have a kiwi accent, and no ability to speak other languages at all!
    LOL! Good thing you don't look like D. I'd be awfully worried. ((((GG))))

Hmmmm......how will you all place me?

Hmmmm.... a few inches taller than you.... piercing blue eyes.... glasses too (need a new pair though- and I hate shopping for a new pair!).... deep dimples..... can't guarantee what the hair'll look like though!!! It's been short for several years and last year I said the heck with it & didn't get it cut at all, so now it's several inches past my shoulders.... Uh-oh... another decision.... The Hair Question! *giggles* Clothes won't be a problem... I plan to be comfortable..... but oh that hair!
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      LOL! Now that's a mental image for sure! Rune dressed up in nothing but strategically placed privet hedge branches, the light twinkling on/off Bev's sequins like a disco ball, and K, daring us to even crack the smallest grin at her.....
      Now you've put that image in*my* head. Damn you, I'm gonna have nightmares.

As for Sky... she had that avatar when I first joined, but since my "second coming" (for lack of a better expression) she's had the Sam at a computer one.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        Now you've put that image in*my* head. Damn you, I'm gonna have nightmares.
        You're quite welcome!
        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

yep, i remember. you and becky had such an ...ahem interesting view

dougie and davey were absolutely priceless
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

it's a little little, but it's the only pic i have handy
            Attached Files
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

You're quite welcome!
              That's it... I've changed my mind. I don't wanna come any more. You're all scary!!!

Comment

Well I have to admit, I'm an occassional lurker at the RDA thread, and I was a bit nervous about meeting the Gutter Gals at Gabit, but they really were a great bunch of gals. I'm sure some people may think we all sound sickly sweet with all our raves and comments about Gabit, the fans, G4 and Amanda; but honestly I can't remembe the last time I had so much fun...at least when alcohol wasn't involved. I laughed so hard during the auction and the curley wurley event that my stomach literally ached afterwards.

The way I look at it, if you go to AT2 with an open mind and just tell yourself that you are going to go to London, hang out with a bunch of wacky people from Gateworld and have a great time, how can you possibly go wrong? Then on top of that, imagine yourself getting to listen to Amanda answer questions in not only one interview panel, but four! Oh and to sweeten the weekend even more, toss in the autograph and photo sessions and other exciting events.

So let me hear you people!!! Are we going to have fun!?!?!?

Last edited by ForeverSg1; 10 January 2006, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Well I have to admit, I'm an occassional lurker at the RDA thread, and I was a bit nervous about meeting the Gutter Gals at Gabit, but they really were a great bunch of gals. I'm sure some people may think we all sound sickly sweet with all our raves and comments about Gabit, the fans, G4 and Amanda; but honestly I can't remembe the last time I had so much fun...at least when alcohol wasn't involved. I laughed so hard during the auction and the curley wurley event that my stomach literally ached afterwards.

The way I look at it, if you go to AT2 with an open mind and just tell yourself that you are going to go to London, hang out with a bunch of wacky people from Gateworld and have a great time, how can you possibly go wrong? Then on top of that, imagine yourself getting to listen to Amanda answer questions in not only one interview panel, but four! Oh and to sweeten the weekend even more, toss in the autograph and photo sessions and other exciting events.

So let me hear you people!!! Are we going to have fun!?!?!?

Nervous about the meeting the gutter gals; I can't imagine why.

YES, WE ARE GOING TO HAVE FUN!
                  sigpic

Comment

I know I can't wait to meet my fellow GGG's and Samandan's. I was so jealous after reading all the posts on how much fun all y'all had at GABIT and I vowed I would go if there was a next time...well here's the next time (thank you thank you thank you G4) and I'm a-going.

Comment

It does sound exciting but a little nerve wracking. Can someone please explain the curly wurly thing.... I'm assuming we're talking about the cadbury's chocolate and toffee bar (just eating one right now)

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                        It does sound exciting but a little nerve wracking. Can someone please explain the curly wurly thing.... I'm assuming we're talking about the cadbury's chocolate and toffee bar (just eating one right now)
                        Am not sure whether we're allowed to explain about the Curly Wurly thing yet - one of the G4 would probably be better placed to answer that You're correct in assuming it was Curly's of the Cadbury's variety though

You have nothing to be afraid of regarding the GW Gabit lot, they're only scary when they're glowing
                        LizWhite.net

Comment

Kliggins - well my fellow kiwi's don't think I have a kiwi accent anymore. When I go home to NZ I'm asked what part of britain I'm from! But as far as most Brit's are concerned, I sound like I've just come off the plane

ShimmeringStar - I'm glad I don't look like Daniel either! Altho, maybe a female version wouldn't be so bad, probably quite good looking really! Still, I'd not like to look like my avatar. All that facial hair! And it would be boring to be in black and white
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome folks- This thread doesn't half move along fast, lol.

You can add me to the list for the cocktail party and attending, too. It's gonna be a blast!

Julia, you'll be fine when you meet Amanda, she's very good at putting people at their ease. I was very nervous the first time I met her, but she really is easy to talk to.

I can't wait to see those bunny ears, lol.

AT4- coming in 2009

'Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.' - General MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by Kelspook
                              Thanks for the warm welcome folks- This thread doesn't half move along fast, lol.

You can add me to the list for the cocktail party and attending, too. It's gonna be a blast!

Julia, you'll be fine when you meet Amanda, she's very good at putting people at their ease. I was very nervous the first time I met her, but she really is easy to talk to.

I can't wait to see those bunny ears, lol.
                              *gulp* Bunny ears? *gulp*

Gabit 2 Attendees:
                              1speed4Sam
                              Ambermoon
                              Becky Preen
                              Coley
                              Dani76
                              Dipsofjazz
                              Feli
                              Flippy
                              F.H. Bagpuss
                              ForeverSg1
                              GateGipsy
                              Julia R
                              Kelspook
                              Kliggins
                              LadyJeep
                              Lida
                              Mal
                              Mousie
                              Minigeek
                              Nem2k
                              rderoch
                              Rune
                              Seabee
                              ShimmeringStar
                              Skydiver
                              Strix varia
                              SWMBOTGSG
                              t 2
                              Tracy Jane

Cocktail Party Attendees:
                              Dipsofjazz
                              Flippy18
                              ForeverSg1
                              GateGipsy
                              Kliggins
                              Mal
                              Nem2k
                              rderoch
                              Rune
                              Last edited by Kliggins; 11 January 2006, 11:42 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

LOL! Now that's a mental image for sure! Rune dressed up in nothing but strategically placed privet hedge branches
                                Ahh and cos it'll be autumn by then I'll be in my fall leaves collection, all browns and oranges, very chic

Comment

Working...
                                X