GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    Poor guy, hope you didn't add to the indignity buy plugging it with a tampon. Have seen it done and it's not pretty.
    It was an option, but it didn't come to that. By the time he got seen (sat in waiting room for nearly 2 hours) it was flowing much less and they were able to deal with it without.

My off topic news is that on Thursday I got my license! Finally! I will still do the daily commute by train, but the freedom is amazing. On Thursday as soon as I took my L plates off my car and dropped my dad home, I drove to the next city down the coast to visit Spacegirlnz at work... Butler's Chocolate cafe This morning I hopped in my little car and surprised my sister and her flatmate by crashing their Saturday morning yoga class (15 mins drive each way instead of a train and bus), then my sister produced some cafe vouchers. So we crashed the posh brunch set wearing the yoga class only sin of leggings as pants On the way home I saw a gorgeous rainbow dancing along in front of the car
    Good luck with your new independance. WRT rainbows - they can be a distraction... Nearly had a bit of a bump last week watching one instead of the road!

Best Saturday morning in months.

Eh-T, there I was just giving some helpful and much needed (I would imagine) advice.
    Mumsey
    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Poor guy, hope you didn't add to the indignity buy plugging it with a tampon. Have seen it done and it's not pretty.

My off topic news is that on Thursday I got my license! Finally! I will still do the daily commute by train, but the freedom is amazing. On Thursday as soon as I took my L plates off my car and dropped my dad home, I drove to the next city down the coast to visit Spacegirlnz at work... Butler's Chocolate cafe This morning I hopped in my little car and surprised my sister and her flatmate by crashing their Saturday morning yoga class (15 mins drive each way instead of a train and bus), then my sister produced some cafe vouchers. So we crashed the posh brunch set wearing the yoga class only sin of leggings as pants On the way home I saw a gorgeous rainbow dancing along in front of the car

Best Saturday morning in months.

Eh-T, there I was just giving some helpful and much needed (I would imagine) advice.
      Iz a little concerned that you think I require such advice.

So glad to hear about your lovely morning! I'm spending mine at work but at least I am listening to The Vinyl Cafe with Stuart McLean and Being Jann with Jann Arden (Canadian singer who is absolutely hilarious). Love my CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

Mumsey, as I mentioned in the Sam Thread, glad to hear No 1 son is OK now.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I have no spoiler icon so I can't say anything in spoilers. However, I think Ms. Tapping has just given the G4 fabulous ammunition for the next AT event. Can you say "bucket run"? And people thought baton twirling was a highlight.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          I have no spoiler icon so I can't say anything in spoilers. However, I think Ms. Tapping has just given the G4 fabulous ammunition for the next AT event. Can you say "bucket run"? And people thought baton twirling was a highlight.
          ...I love the way you think sometimes *heads off to work, giggling*
          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
          ames on facebook
          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Hi EH-T

Amanda has already done the bucket run during a previous Gabit con, she earned loads of money singing "Truly Scrumptious" from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...she was super!! They even earned money with a second bucket run to NOT have Thomasina Gibson sing...it was really funny.

Still think we need to get Amanda to sing and play guitar. Have image of Sound of Music...mmm lets start at the very beginning....Do a dear....

sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

I think she once said she'd never play the guitar in public, but who knows
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Did Amanda play a cello in an SG episode?

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                  Did Amanda play a cello in an SG episode?
                  Not her. A cello double. Probably worried she'd poke herself in the eye with the bow.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  I think she once said she'd never play the guitar in public, but who knows
                  Yup, said that at AT4 (which, of course, the clever tech crew edited to say she would). I don't see her agreeing but if she has already been singing then I can see her doing that again.

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
                  Hi EH-T

Amanda has already done the bucket run during a previous Gabit con, she earned loads of money singing "Truly Scrumptious" from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...she was super!! They even earned money with a second bucket run to NOT have Thomasina Gibson sing...it was really funny.

Still think we need to get Amanda to sing and play guitar. Have image of Sound of Music...mmm lets start at the very beginning....Do a dear....

Missed that one.

Originally posted by ames View Post
                  ...I love the way you think sometimes *heads off to work, giggling*
                  I do have a dark side.

Comment

We're not public; we're just 300-400 of her best friends are we not !!!

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
                      We're not public; we're just 300-400 of her best friends are we not !!!
                      That's right...we are ...so Amanda better get her vocal cords all warmed up.

I'm hoping that by the time AT6 arrives, Amanda will have gotten over her fear of playing guitar in public and perhaps give us a little sample of her musical talent...not just her singing. I wonder how big the buckets would have to be for her to give in?
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Really, really big

Comment

I told you that I've problems to take days off at work cuz my bosses always decide when we can have our holildays and that means I can handle just the days that I earn with my overtime.
                          Today they told us that since we have a lot of work we can choose to renounce to a week of holidays in August if we want. So this year I'll take just 2 weeks off instead of 3 in order to be able to go to a GABIT event next year.
                          Now...if only someone could confirm that there will be AT6 or TSE2 next year...just saying...
                          sigpic
                          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                            I told you that I've problems to take days off at work cuz my bosses always decide when we can have our holildays and that means I can handle just the days that I earn with my overtime.
                            Today they told us that since we have a lot of work we can choose to renounce to a week of holidays in August if we want. So this year I'll take just 2 weeks off instead of 3 in order to be able to go to a GABIT event next year.
                            Now...if only someone could confirm that there will be AT6 or TSE2 next year...just saying...
                            You know there will be a AT6....they don't go that long without one plus AT doesn't need to be working in a show to sell the tickets. They have also already said there will be one next year...so have some patience.

THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY ---> As for TSE2 - I'm sure they would want another one because of all the money they raised and the total interest by fans in having another one. But there doesn't seem to be someone this year who can step up on time to run it. Trust me, I would love to help organize it if I had the talent, if for no other reason then just to have another show. I have the feeling they are waiting to see until after Sanctuary S5 gets picked up - and it better! Then they can run TSE2 maybe the weekend before they start shooting or during the shooting season so everyone can come. There are tons of fans just waiting to hear about TSE2 - because they can't fly to London, but can drive to Vancouver or catch a not too expensive plane from the US.

TSE2 - takes more planning. It involves a lot of people besides AT and takes coordinating them all. Best time to have TSE2 would be just when they are getting ready to shoot or during the shooting so everyone can come. I know that we fans are ready for it to be now, but sadly no one has stepped up with the proper credentials other than Julia to run it and we just have to wait for her and her group to coordinate both of the shows! After all AT trusts them and for good reason - look how well all the AT shows have gone!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                              You know there will be a AT6....they don't go that long without one plus AT doesn't need to be working in a show to sell the tickets. They have also already said there will be one next year...so have some patience.
                              I don't think Gabit ever announced there would be an AT6 next year. They said (via Twitter) they are planning one and speculation amongst many is that it might happen next year, but to say with certainty that it will happen would be leading others astray I think.

Comment

Quick update on No. 1 Son - he went to work today and seems to be okay now. He has the emergency number for ENT just in case, but fingers crossed he may not need it.

Nighty night,

Mumsey
                                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X