GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Will do. It would be nice to see you but saving for AT6 is more important.

Not to mention saving for AT6.
    It's Eh-T, the saving fairy! Do fairies carry whips? This one does!

If I ever go curling again in England you are soooo coming along.

Deal. Can't wait!

Originally posted by Celandine View Post

As for the auction. Having a significant other living miles away kinda nixes any buying of that sort. Saving for airfare and fun holidays. Not that I'm complaining. I wasn't much of a memorabilia collector anyways, though I do love to 'oooooh' and 'ahhh' every once in a while.
    Oooh, who's that then?

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
    EH-T smelling things...
    I just had a disturbing image of an auction for Martin's shorts. Behave yourself Eh-T. I'm not even gonna mention Jumble.

(Haha, I don't really thing that's the item Amanda has held onto for years )
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
      Awww (Not quite sure I believe you about having any chocolate left though )
      I do, really I do!

It was indeed a very lovely message from Amanda and I'm very curious about that special item for the auction. But as usually I'll be enjoying it as a spectator.
      Doesn't really have the same flare at the live auctions, you know, no Amanda running or EH-T smelling things... but I always find it very exciting watching the bids go up day by day!
      Hey, I don't always smell things at auctions! At TSE AT told me to smell two items (like she told Wil to smell the food in the ep where she has the bugs in her head). A little scary! AT5 was just a continuation of that joke. I'm over it now, just like I'm over the bitterness (well, mostly )

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
      Seattle has a very active curling club. They just won the Mixed National Championships (two men and two women). You might want to check their website before you go. Many clubs close down about now for the summer and will reopen in the September/October/November timeframe. Hope you and your friend have a good time.
      Very close US/Canada game last night in the World Mens competition. We should be in Regina (I never say that, ha!).

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

The outside of my bed (read work) is too cold this morning. Brrr. (Not Manitoba cold, just normal cold.)

In other off topic news, yesterday morning my sister blacked out 3 times in/after her shower. First I knew was her cat tweeting a picture of the hole she made in the bathroom wall with her face. She's fine and after a bunch of tests the doctor decided she was probably dehydrated.

http://yfrog.com/hsr3wxyj

With that link, if you click next you will see her scratched face. She actually tried to go to work, didn't make it to the train station, got back to her flat and collapsed into bed. Then she noticed the blood on her pillow and went and found the hole in the wall.
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          The outside of my bed (read work) is too cold this morning. Brrr. (Not Manitoba cold, just normal cold.)

In other off topic news, yesterday morning my sister blacked out 3 times in/after her shower. First I knew was her cat tweeting a picture of the hole she made in the bathroom wall with her face. She's fine and after a bunch of tests the doctor decided she was probably dehydrated.

http://yfrog.com/hsr3wxyj

With that link, if you click next you will see her scratched face. She actually tried to go to work, didn't make it to the train station, got back to her flat and collapsed into bed. Then she noticed the blood on her pillow and went and found the hole in the wall.
          Yikes! Hope she is okay...
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

She's fine. She reckons this morning everyone on the train was giving her really odd looks, then when they all avoided standing for someone on crutches and she gave him her seat, she glared back at them all.
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I just had a disturbing image of an auction for Martin's shorts. Behave yourself Eh-T. I'm not even gonna mention Jumble.

(Haha, I don't really thing that's the item Amanda has held onto for years )
              Hey! The only thing of Martin's that I've ever sniffed is his shirt, which still smells delicious

Shorts indeed

As if........

Comment

Very close US/Canada game last night in the World Mens competition. We should be in Regina (I never say that, ha!).
                Yes, we should be in Regina! I've been following on the World's website. I think the US is tied for last or close to it. Again. Those darn Canadians

Comment

It's Eh-T, the saving fairy! Do fairies carry whips? This one does!
                  Weirdest mental image. Ever.

EH-T in a tutu.

Oooh, who's that then?
                  Hmm, I wonder....

Comment

Ah well, easy come, easy go.

Chelle does not have that avatar on my computer. what have you been drinkin'?
                    only diet coke, honest.
                    nzneep has the pirate ship avatar also. but nobody else. this is really weird. i don't mind pirate ships as long as everybody else sees them too. i tried to copy and paste the avatar here in this post but it didn't work. i guess i shouldn't tell anybody about the voices i've been hearing as long as the pirate ship is still there. sorry jumble, no bottle to pass. i don't think i've lost my mind...i'm just having trouble remembering where i put it.

Comment

try pressing control and f5 I believe. that should refresh your cache and remove the pirates
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        try pressing control and f5 I believe. that should refresh your cache and remove the pirates
                        nope the pirates are still with me. i don't mind tho. i like pirate ships. reminds me of the pirates of the carribbean movies. number 4 comes out may 20th by the way.

Comment

*hugs* to Julia
                          Congrats to Antoa!
                          *waves* to 2Shy
                          *blinks* at Neep for the mental image of Eh-T brandishing a whip...
                          *points to halo* when Eh-T reads this post
                          *waves* to MoB and Cel (I need your number again please, my mobile took its last wheeze a while back and refuses to let go of my contact list )
                          Mocha, I think your computer has a thing for pirates. Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum!
                          Chelle - keep saving darlin! You and I have a date for an epic lobby tackle hug!

I got an interesting surprise in my email inbox this afternoon ... an invitation from VIF to apply for a teaching post in N. Carolina. I applied to go into their pool for US teaching posts over three years ago, and this is the first invitation I've received. I'm intrigued.
                          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                          ames on facebook
                          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                            CHELLE HOW COME YOU STILL HAVE THE PIRATE SHIP AVATAR?
                            Chelle does not have that avatar on my computer. what have you been drinkin'?
                            ...yeah mocha...what are you drinking...no more rum for you!!
                            Hmmm...looks like a teapot to me.
                            In other off topic news, yesterday morning my sister blacked out 3 times in/after her shower. First I knew was her cat tweeting a picture of the hole she made in the bathroom wall with her face. She's fine and after a bunch of tests the doctor decided she was probably dehydrated. With that link, if you click next you will see her scratched face. She actually tried to go to work, didn't make it to the train station, got back to her flat and collapsed into bed. Then she noticed the blood on her pillow and went and found the hole in the wall.
                            Ouch. Damn, poor Marian...hope she's ok. That's scary. Please give her a HUGE hug from me.
                            Fainting OT-ness
                            Spoiler:
                            My hubby has a habit of passing out. The doctor thinks it's because he gets up too quickly and the blood rushes to his feet. I've told him to try to recognise the symptoms and to get down low so he won't fall as far coz he's gone down like a tonne of bricks numerous times. Just a few nights ago he had another spell and recognised the symptoms and got down on the floor quickly...thankfully he didn't pass out that time. It's kinda hard on the nerves....I don't sleep when he has a faint...to the point that just him rolling over in bed wakes me up and I panic thinking he's gonna fall out of bed. Currently he has a few sebaceous cysts that need to be removed but one has got infected...or nuclear as we call it...so badly that he's on some strong antibiotics to rid the infection so he can have the surgery. Just a few minutes ago, the infected cyst ruptured...I got to play nurse maid and cleaned up the gunk. Of course that required clearing the room of daughter who also likes to pass out when she hurts herself so i didn't want to risk her fainting on me watching the mess I was cleaning up...she and her dad are both quite squeamish. I only get close to passing out when I have a panic attack but my medication helps prevent that.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                            Weirdest mental image. Ever.
                            EH-T in a tutu.
                            Which part...the fairy's carrying whips or EH-T in a tutu??
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Cleaning up cysts Gross. I handle lots of fun specimens at work, so I can't really be squeamish. We were talking today... I asked the others if they ever get over it. Everyone seems to have their own favourites One girl can't stand sputum, someone else still has a physical reaction every time he picks up a container with testicles from castration.

As for fainting, I'm good at it too- low blood pressure and prone to anemia. I do recognise the symptoms, and if I'm at home I will just throw myself to the floor and stick my feet straight up towards the ceiling... none of this subtle sit with head between the knees nonsense
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Putting my head between my knees just makes me more dizzy. I elevate the feet.
                                As for squeamish stuff, the only thing that really makes me ill is vomit. So you should see me at work when we have a bout of gastro...everything else I can handle but vomit...nuh uh. Blood and bits and excrement's don't bother me. Hubster & daughter can't even watch it on the telly so I have to watch the medical shows when they're not home.

Think I may have jinxed myself...
                                Spoiler:
                                just waiting for junior to do something before the night is out...first i slam my face in the car door at work...lets not go there...then hubby's cyst ruptures which I found totally wicked...and just as I finished up in here earlier, daughter vomited on the floor next to my desk.
                                "mum, I don't feel well"
                                "Are you gonna pass out?" (that's usually the first thing I ask)
                                "I don't know...I think so...I feel sick"
                                "Get down on the floor - NOW! Do you need a bucket?"
                                "Yes"
                                *runs off to get bucket - yelling at those in the way to move - "I need a bucket, she's about to puke!!"*
                                *sounds of a sick kiddo coursing through the house...eww*
                                *hubby comes to the rescue - yay*

Just another day at the office.

Sorry, didn't mean to go gory on you - spoilered for OT yuckiness.
                                Last edited by Chelle DB; 06 April 2011, 04:43 AM.
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X