X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love that folks are already plotting ways to wreck the Ren
    sigpic

Comment

Destroy something for me, will ya? I have realised there is no way I'm going to afford to go... ya'll have fun without me
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
        I love that folks are already plotting ways to wreck the Ren
        But it's such a nice hotel...and I just love the rides in the lifts...especially when they go down instead of up!
        The payment set up isn't worrying me overly either. As EH-T said, you get slugged fees no matter which way you pay. I know here that the fees on cc payments can be up to 5% of the amount...that's a good chunk.
        I'm not worried about who I sit with. I would love to sit next to everyone but I don't know who is or isn't going yet...let alone if I will be able to. I'm still surprised at how soon it is. I guess they had to fit it in when Amanda would be most available.
        I desperately want to be able to go but with the new car, hubby wanting to take the family on holiday to one of the Polynesian islands...(Vanuatu or something like that...I dunno! But late this year as we have to wait til daughter finishes her final exams in November), our business slowly recovering from a downturn over the past 12 months (knowing we are not the only ones in that boat either), and the biggest problem of all....the price of airfares from Australia to Europe...it's gonna be a challenge and a half for me to convince the old boy that I need to go. BUT...never say never....right Julia???

Just tried to look up flight costs but it's too soon to get a quote online...will have to call in at the travel agents soon.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          Destroy something for me, will ya? I have realised there is no way I'm going to afford to go... ya'll have fun without me
          I was thinking of you last night Neep. I had a 2 hour chat with my cuz who lives down south in Nelson and she was telling me about how shes a care giver...working with the elderly. But she said it so quickly and with her NZ accent it sounded like she was saying keg-ava! It took me a while to figure out what that damn word was but then I turned on my kiwi translator and got it! I love talking with my cuz...her accent is way stronger than yours! I can't believe how under paid you nurses are...NZ nurses earn less than I do...that doesn't make sense. Come to Oz Neep...better pay so AT5 is more affordable! I have deferred my nursing course...too many issues at work as it is so once things settle down there, I'll go register.
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            the biggest problem of all....the price of airfares from Australia to Europe...it's gonna be a challenge and a half for me to convince the old boy that I need to go. BUT...never say never....right Julia???

Just tried to look up flight costs but it's too soon to get a quote online...will have to call in at the travel agents soon.

Emirates are supposed to be having a $1700 to Europe from Aus special coming soonish - but atm the flights show as $2200+!!!.

I'd love to go, but I think it'll just be too close to the cons I'm doing in November and December.

I notice registration opens during the Vancouver con - I wonder how many people will be running off to their laptops to register?
            The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
            Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post

Emirates are supposed to be having a $1700 to Europe from Aus special coming soonish - but atm the flights show as $2200+!!!.
              I'd love to go, but I think it'll just be too close to the cons I'm doing in November and December.
              I notice registration opens during the Vancouver con - I wonder how many people will be running off to their laptops to register?
              At least this time I don't have to be too picky on the flights...I'll be going alone so I can pick a cheaper flight. Last time I could have got a flight for $1800 instead of the $2200 plus flight I took because of the group i was traveling with.
              I'm also not that keen to travel with Emirates again...but we'll see what's available when it's available.
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I had to stop by my credit union today to get a check for a fund raiser we did at school so I checked on bank transfers while I was there and my bank does not have the option of doing it online. They charge a $20 fee and since my bank is closed on Saturday's I will need to make sure I can get there on Friday which is going to be tight as tickets go on sale during testing week, getting away from school early is tough that week and my bank is in a different town than the one I teach in. I will do what I can to get to the bank on time and if it happens great if not then it means it is time for someone else to enjoy the event and have my seat.
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Awww Neep!! It won't be the same without you! Who else is going to think up some crazy fundraiser to help out with the charities and actually follow through when she loses?

*squishes* I'm just glad I'll be seeing you in four months time. Which reminds me, I need to send off an email to you with some details and whatnot about my visit.

But it's such a nice hotel...and I just love the rides in the lifts...especially when they go down instead of up!
                  The payment set up isn't worrying me overly either. As EH-T said, you get slugged fees no matter which way you pay. I know here that the fees on cc payments can be up to 5% of the amount...that's a good chunk.
                  I'm not worried about who I sit with. I would love to sit next to everyone but I don't know who is or isn't going yet...let alone if I will be able to. I'm still surprised at how soon it is. I guess they had to fit it in when Amanda would be most available.
                  I desperately want to be able to go but with the new car, hubby wanting to take the family on holiday to one of the Polynesian islands...(Vanuatu or something like that...I dunno! But late this year as we have to wait til daughter finishes her final exams in November), our business slowly recovering from a downturn over the past 12 months (knowing we are not the only ones in that boat either), and the biggest problem of all....the price of airfares from Australia to Europe...it's gonna be a challenge and a half for me to convince the old boy that I need to go. BUT...never say never....right Julia???

Chelle, you've said the ticket for AT5 wouldnt be the problem. Perhaps if you just buy it like you are so tempted to do and then just let everything else fall into place as it may might be the solution. If airfares in January are way out of your families budget, I'm sure you can notify Gabit (not for a refund though) and arrange to have someone buy your ticket off you. Not sure of the particulars on how this is done, but I know it has been in the past. Might be the solution your looking for and would ease a bit of the worry for the moment.

*squeezes*

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                  I had to stop by my credit union today to get a check for a fund raiser we did at school so I checked on bank transfers while I was there and my bank does not have the option of doing it online. They charge a $20 fee and since my bank is closed on Saturday's I will need to make sure I can get there on Friday which is going to be tight as tickets go on sale during testing week, getting away from school early is tough that week and my bank is in a different town than the one I teach in. I will do what I can to get to the bank on time and if it happens great if not then it means it is time for someone else to enjoy the event and have my seat.
                  If I'm not mistaken, I believe it states in the fact that once you agree to the ticket purchase, you have two weeks for the payment to reach the G4, either by check or bank transfer. After that time, your seat will be given to someone else on the list. I've not time atm to dig up the exact quote, so maybe someone else coming behind me might be able to find and post this.

Comment

^ I'd considered that option Cel...but I have to be fair and honest with hubby and chat it over with him first. If he says I can go, if I can get the funds, then in all likelihood, I'll be there but if he's really really unhappy about it and not able to be convinced and he's willing to compromise for AT6 then I just have to suck it up. It'll bum me out for sure but I can't be greedy. We work as a team...the whole family. But I am trying...I really want to see everyone again and I really really want to see my auntie and uncle...I miss them like the dickens! I just feel kinda selfish asking to go again so soon. Of course it would have to be a much shorter trip this time...I just couldn't be away for so long again.
                    *crossing fingers*
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Ah man ... you will be missed Neep!!
                      sigpic

Comment

I will take that to heart Neep. I'll wreck something and think of you. *looks noble*

Start swimming now and you might be here by February! *hugs* I hope you can make it Chelle, I really hope you can. Fingers are crossed.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Well hubby and I chatted briefly this afternoon after we officially adopted Magnus and while in a sense he gave me permission to go, it was with a warning that I would be doing pretty much the wrong thing...and admittedly, I did agree with him for the reason he gave. So, I've taken step one...now I shall see how step two goes. At this stage, AT6 is looking healthier but AT5 isn't out yet. I've tried to explain that the flight would be considerably cheaper but he did have some good points that for one, it was only 6 months ago that I was there...and he said to me that he knew that after I came back from the first trip, he knew it was gonna be hard to hold me back. But again, taking one step...and baby ones at that...at a time. I'm down but not out...yet.
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                            Someone on LJ checked into international transfers at a couple big banks and found that the fee ranges from $35-$50. That is a huge chunk of cash! And to have to do it twice if you get a cocktail ticket. You are adding up to $100 to your ticket price (which has also been raised).

I understand that the no CC is out of G4's hands, but it's just not fair to be putting it out of reach for people who would have otherwise been able to go if they were able to use a credit card.
                            General event costs and as you know flights, have risen significantly over the years but we have as always worked hard to keep the ticket price reasonable. We don't make huge profits from our events with all the overage being plowed back into the event or carried forward for the first out lays of expenses for the next one.

I am sorry you feel this inconvenience isn't fair, but I have to say I feel it is very unfair that I or any of the other directors should have to consider ourselves somehow inconsiderate for not taking out a second mortgage on our houses. Many of the options being suggested will work, but we as a company cannot institute them for fear of falling foul of money laundering rules. You also need to be able to trust the person you are sending pay pal money to. We do know of one incidence where a fan did this and the person never paid them back. So any transactions like that would be the responsibility of the people involved.

So, we have what we have, and we have to live with it. We have deliberately told you about this in advance so you can make informed decisions about if you can or want to attend the event. If you do, there are several options open to people who do not wish to pay the transfer fees twice, including opting not to apply for cocktail party tickets at all.

Rest assured, that if your transfers come up short when they get here ( and they often do through no fault of the sender!) we will let you know and you will just need to pay that bit in cash when you pick up your tickets at the event. we won't make you send a very small amount seperately

I am off to vancouver shortly but I still have internet access. Play nice with Mumsey and Julia.

Best Becks
                            Pink helmet at the ready.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                              I guess it's all relative to one's own experience You woodn't believe the chaos that ensues here at times. Leaves on the lines mean the trains don't run. Repairs to London's bridges stop a lot of the buses from running, and the Underground constantly has stations or even whole lines closed. And nothing ever runs on time. But I take your point that other countries don't have good public transport systems in place

And don't get me started on what happens here when we get a few inches of snow
                              Ha! Here in Atlanta, even a forecasted snow causes panic. I think sometimes the grocery stores pay the weathermen a little bribe money!
                              sigpic

Comment

lol

It's funny down south. Now, please don't take this personally, but in Kansas, we can go from a blizzard and feet of snow to a drought 100+ degree temps in a year. In my life I've experienced everything from -20 air temp to 109 air temp (not wind chill or heat index, the real temperature). we've had blizzards, thunder snow, floods, tornadoes, wind storms, droughts, heat waves....you name it, we pretty much get it. I think the only weather phenomenon we rarely get is a hurricane, cause it had to be at just the right trajectory and very powerful to make it this far inland.

the morale of this story....snow around here isn't considered to be all that bad unless you start hitting the 3+ inch level. Sometimes they don't even plow the roads when it's just an inch or so, especially in the city. And it takes 6+ inches before they start shutting down most of the schools and offices. (although the rural schools that bus all their kids, they sometimes shut down with less snow since the road conditions might not be good)

anyway, we laugh when we see that Atlanta or other cities shut down wiht an inch of snow. I can't start hoping for a snow day until we get at least six and even then it's iffy

and the 'raid the grocery store cause we might get snowed in and starve to death without 3 gallons of milk and 4 loaves of bread' stuff???? a universal constant. they do it here too.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X