GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rowan Green
    OK, I still have my ticket so I guess I'm going! Please everyone keep their fingers crossed the work I'm hoping to get works out or it could be a bad move! LOL

You can also put me down for the get together. And is there a table I could join at the cocktail party?
    Hi Rowan, welcome aboard!

I believe that Kay/Mumsey and Julia Reynolds (GABIT directors) are coordinating all the details of seatings/cocktail party and presentations. They may be assigning the arrangements. You'd have to check with them.

You're more than welcome to sit with me and my daughter at the cocktail party if there's still an opening at our table.

CG

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
      Now, why wouldn't you be awake today?
      *Laughs* I'm ok now...I hibernated a little.
      Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
      OK the con organisers are asking for music requests for the disco on the saturday night!!
      The site to post on is : http://beatniksdisco.proboards40.com/index.cgi
      I read their thread "Your Songs To Make You Lose Your Socks"..and now I'm thinking of requesting "The Sound Of Silence".
      Much as I used to enjoy the occasional boogie,my knee/ankle probs won't allow that any more.
      Anyway,The Dutchies are comin'.Going to be great fun,methinks .
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

79 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

Comment

Hear Ye Hear Ye The Latest Scoop!

Hi Fellow Gabiteers, I heard from Julia, one of the GABIT directors, last night ... she had stopped by here and read the thread and was thrilled to see such excitement building. The organizers are just as excited too and working hard to provide a really quality weekend. She isn't registered here at GW and didn't have time for all that right now, so has asked me to provide the latest news regarding the event. (This gives me a chance to practice my journalistic skills, doesn't it?)

The GABIT 4 (Julia; Kay/Mumsey; Becky, Kay's daughter; and John, the official photographer) will be having a big meeting this weekend to "thrash things out" and tighten up some of the schedule. This is what I do know:

* There will be four talks/presentations by Amanda including Q&As.

* The autograph and photography sessions are planned to be "relaxing for both Amanda and her fans" ... meaning that we should not be rushed and should have time to actually say a few words to our favorite scifi star!

* There will be some professional photos of AT for sale, and I believe some other items too.

* The Hearing Aid Dogs auction will be presented in such a way that there will be a range of prices for the items to bid on ... so that everyone will feel like they can participate without sacrificing their travel fare home!

* Likewise, the raffle tickets will be reasonably priced so all fans have a chance for "Tea with Amanda" as the prize!

* The hotel is "self contained" and there should be no need to go outside the venue that weekend; unless, of course, fans want to do something themselves. Julia implied that there should be enough scheduled events to keep everyone happy and busy!

Again, GABIT 4 will be posting a more formal list of the weekend's schedule in about another week, after their big planning meeting this weekend. Julia said to tell you that, if you can't wait and have another question or two, to post here on board and I will take back to her for an answer!

Happy Gabiteering! It should be a really lovely, relaxed and somewhat intimate event. I think this may be the first of its kind regarding the Stargate cast members. And who better to honor, than Amanda!

Oh, by the way, I have written to Darren and David at the GW Board and volunteered to become the roving reporter for GW and try to gain an interview for them if neither nor any of the mods are going. I did my pitch and presented my "credentials". Waiting to hear. Julia loved the idea of my blogging on a laptop after the cocktail party ... so looks like I may become the Lois Lane of the party after all, Baggie!

PS Rowan, Julia will try to seat you at my table for cocktail party!

Peace, CG
          Last edited by ChopinGal; 11 August 2005, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

Hi Fellow Gabiteers, I heard from Julia, one of the GABIT directors, last night ... she had stopped by here and read the thread and was thrilled to see such excitement building. The organizers are just as excited too and working hard to provide a really quality weekend. She isn't registered here at GW and didn't have time for all that right now, so has asked me to provide the latest news regarding the event. (This gives me a chance to practice my journalistic skills, doesn't it?)

The GABIT 4 (Julia; Kay/Mumsey; Becky, Kay's daughter; and John, the official photographer) will be having a big meeting this weekend to "thrash things out" and tighten up some of the schedule. This is what I do know:

* The autograph and photography sessions are planned to be "relaxing for both Amanda and her fans" ... meaning that we should not be rushed and should have time to actually say a few words to our favorite scifi star!

* There will be some professional photos of AT for sale, and I believe some other items too.

* The Hearing Aid Dogs auction will be presented in such a way that there will be a range of prices for the items to bid on ... so that everyone will feel like they can participate without sacrificing their travel fare home!

* Likewise, the raffle tickets will be reasonably priced so all fans have a chance for "Tea with Amanda" as the prize!

* The hotel is "self contained" and there should be no need to go outside the venue that weekend; unless, of course, fans want to do something themselves. Julia implied that there should be enough scheduled events to keep everyone happy and busy!

Again, GABIT 4 will be posting a more formal list of the weekend's schedule in about another week, after their big planning meeting this weekend. Julia said to tell you that, if you can't wait and have another question or two, to post here on board and I will take back to her for an answer!

Happy Gabiteering! It should be a really lovely, relaxed and somewhat intimate event. I think this may be the first of its kind regarding the Stargate cast members. And who better to honor, than Amanda!

Oh, by the way, I have written to Darren and David at the GW Board and volunteered to become the roving reporter for GW and try to gain an interview for them if neither nor any of the mods are going. I did my pitch and presented my "credentials". Waiting to hear. Julia loved the idea of my blogging on a laptop after the cocktail party ... so looks like I may become the Lois Lane of the party after all, Baggie!

Peace, CG
            Thanx for the info ((((((hugs))))))) xx

Comment

Hi guys, sorry I didn't relaise you were all over here chatting....

Re Bagpuss's question.

I would wait and see what we have in store for you at the event. we have some really really really ( I still can't believe he pulled it off ) cool stuff that's going to be available at GABIT. More details to follow shortly but save your pennies because you won't want to waste the money on shipping when you can buy at the event!

Becks
              GABIT EVENTS

[QUOTE=F.H.BAGPUSS]
              So..back firmly on topic : It's a rather daunting thing,going to a Convention for the first time.Obviously,Gabit will be a smallish affair compared to the big Cons,but I assume there'll be some official SG merchandise,photos etc on sale.

So...my question is this.I want to buy some official photos of Amanda,and some other merchandise .Should I order through Creation or Legends now,or wait till the Gabit event and see what's on offer ?

Advice please ,anyone ?

Comment

Hi Becky, thanks for coming here and passing on the information. I am already saving up so I can buy all the goodies you have.

Not long to go now...although it feels like an eternity!
                sigpic

Comment

Peace, CG
                  Thank you CG for the great news and update. Even more excited now!!!!!!! Woohoo! No con report for me.
                  sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=becky_preen]Hi guys, sorry I didn't relaise you were all over here chatting....

Re Bagpuss's question.

I would wait and see what we have in store for you at the event. we have some really really really ( I still can't believe he pulled it off ) cool stuff that's going to be available at GABIT. More details to follow shortly but save your pennies because you won't want to waste the money on shipping when you can buy at the event!

Becks
                    GABIT EVENTS

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                    So..back firmly on topic : It's a rather daunting thing,going to a Convention for the first time.Obviously,Gabit will be a smallish affair compared to the big Cons,but I assume there'll be some official SG merchandise,photos etc on sale.

So...my question is this.I want to buy some official photos of Amanda,and some other merchandise .Should I order through Creation or Legends now,or wait till the Gabit event and see what's on offer ?

Advice please ,anyone ?
                    Hi Becky:

I'm Kliggs. Thanks for the information. Each little tidbit I hear makes me even more excited to be going! I don't think there are enough thank you for what you guys are doing, but I will give it a shot in the coming months.
                    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=becky_preen]Hi guys, sorry I didn't relaise you were all over here chatting....

Re Bagpuss's question.

Becks
                      GABIT EVENTS

Advice please ,anyone ?
                      Hey Becks, thanks for stopping in here and answering some of our questions. Julia emailed me last night that you guys have a very busy weekend ahead finalizing the GABIT schedule and events! As Kliggins said ... we are so happy to be coming! Can't wait to meet Amanda and the GABIT 4! Big hi to Mumsey! PS I'm ready to be Lois Lane should you need me! (Kliggs is breathing a sigh of relief just about now.)

Comment

PS I'm ready to be Lois Lane should you need me! (Kliggs is breathing a sigh of relief just about now.)
                        Not just a big one, but a huge sigh of relief. I definitely owe you something big time.
                        sigpic

Comment

Re Bagpuss's question.

Becks
                          GABIT EVENTS

Advice please ,anyone ?
                          Hi Becky! You'll have seen me about at gatecon and wolf cons.

Really looking forward to this convention!!

ONLY 78 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                            Not just a big one, but a huge sigh of relief. I definitely owe you something big time.
                            LOL Meet me in the hotel bar and we'll settle the score!

Comment

LOL Meet me in the hotel bar and we'll settle the score!

Deal! First round of drinks is on me.
                              sigpic

Comment

Fab,Kliggs,I'll have a DC with ice ,no lemon,thank you kindly,as you're offering.

ChopinGal : Thanks for all the Con info,and good luck,Lois !

Becky : No probs,as I intend to support the Con in all possible ways. I'm now intrigued about the "really,really,really cool" stuff .
                                Good luck to you,Julia and the rest of Gat4 ,and thanks to you all.

MAL : Thanks for keeping us all up to date with your colourful countdowns. By October ,we'll all be counting down the hours and minutes too,I think !

Like Bev said,not long now,but it feels like an eternity.In the meantime,it's fun waiting together, imo !

((((((((((((All)))))))))))))
                                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                                X