GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
    Where ever you sit, it will be a nightmare for Amanda come the auction!
    Assuming she is running the auction. I wonder if she will be there as much because her whole cast is there??? Hopefully she will, but we really can't expect it.

Re the the meet & greet for TSE. Think that you are right with the assigned seating at tables and then the guests circulate. Been to some other cons and you were lucky if you got to speak to some of the guests. Would be nice to have assigned seats and then to agree with the rest of the table to do "musical chairs" i.e. each time a guest has been to have him/her move seats, that way hopefully, everyone gets a chance to sit next to a guest. Can't wait!!
    That sounds a little confusing....just how many special guests are coming to the party, how many seats at a table? Who has already met who? Too many questions right now to make any decisions.
    Last edited by llp; 25 May 2010, 11:01 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi EH-T,

Where ever you sit, it will be a nightmare for Amanda come the auction!

Re the the meet & greet for TSE. Think that you are right with the assigned seating at tables and then the guests circulate. Been to some other cons and you were lucky if you got to speak to some of the guests. Would be nice to have assigned seats and then to agree with the rest of the table to do "musical chairs" i.e. each time a guest has been to have him/her move seats, that way hopefully, everyone gets a chance to sit next to a guest.
      Can't wait!!
      I prefer to think that AT does not think of me as her worst nightmare (however, I may be deluded on that point )

Originally posted by llp View Post
      That would only work if we know how the chairs will be setup. You're assuming the chairs will be the same way as at AT4. However, you need to know the size of the room first. And, I think there is more people going to the SE than they allow at AT5. We need the help of an expert to tell us how the seats will be... MUMSEY opps sorry for yelling!

And if you get an aisle seat, I want to be right behind you to keep an eye on you.....

No pushing up my bids now......
      I am asumming a similar set up. Regardless of how the chairs are set up there will be at least one aisle on either end. I assume to meet fire regulations there will also be a centre aisle.

It would be easier if you were in front of me then I would not have to keep turning around to see if you are bidding. Besides, haven't you bid on enough already?

Originally posted by llp View Post
      Assuming she is running the auction. I wonder if she will be there as much because her whole cast is there??? Hopefully she will, but we really can't expect it.

That sounds a little confusing....just how many special guests are coming to the party, how many seats at a table? Who has already met who? Too many questions right now to make any decisions.
      Since it is to benefit S4K no doubt AT will be involved in the auction but I think others will be as well. For example, Damian is one of the founders and I assume will be involved as well. Other guests may help out too.

We don't know details of the guests at the meet & greet yet. I'm assuming it will be similar to the dessert party that Creation has (only much better in that the time will be spread out more fairly)

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

If we could get some basic info from the G4 on how many seat per row and how many aisles there might be in between, I think we could get up a very simple seating chart once assignments start pouring in. I'd even volunteer to do it myself if nobody else is game.

As for the Meet and Greet, I'm still hoping it might be like Gatecon where there was some tables set up along the perimeter of the room, but for the most part everyone stood and mingled with each other and the guests who roamed the room. They were certainly pulled aside by people many times for pictures and chats, but if you were patient and were in a small group of friends who could trade off cameras and the like between everyone, it really worked out well. Some of my favorite guest shots from Gatecon were taken at the Meet and Greet they held as they are so fun and candid.

As for the auction, depending on who's available, I'd think they'd all try and help out. Some might have to leave early due to other obligations, but it'd make no sense if they were present and weren't willing. I'm sure they know as much as everyone that star power does drive bids for things up quite high and when it's for charity, that's a good thing.

Comment

Re the the meet & greet for TSE. Think that you are right with the assigned seating at tables and then the guests circulate. Been to some other cons and you were lucky if you got to speak to some of the guests. Would be nice to have assigned seats and then to agree with the rest of the table to do "musical chairs" i.e. each time a guest has been to have him/her move seats, that way hopefully, everyone gets a chance to sit next to a guest.
          Can't wait!!
          That's what we tried to do in Chicago when we went. Usually there would be two - three people circulating, so we'd work it out with the other folks at the table for one guest to sit on their side of the table and one to sit on our side. If for no other reason then it can get quite loud in those rooms and you don't want someone to miss out on every conversation because the guests are too far away. It worked 90% of the time. There were a couple of tables we ended up at where the people wouldn't share.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          I prefer to think that AT does not think of me as her worst nightmare (however, I may be deluded on that point )
          Everywhere the poor woman turns, there will be someone there to strike terror into her heart.

It would be easier if you were in front of me then I would not have to keep turning around to see if you are bidding. Besides, haven't you bid on enough already?
          Pot meet kettle.
          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
          Anon

Comment

I am asumming a similar set up. Regardless of how the chairs are set up there will be at least one aisle on either end. I assume to meet fire regulations there will also be a centre aisle.

My friend, if I followed those thoughts I would never have bid in the first place. I have spent the first 2/3rds of my life trying (with varying amounts of success) to be practical. This last third I have decided to live my life with a lot less of that and a lot more "why not give it a try" attitude. It is my motivating force right now. It's why I finally started writing again. It's why I packed up and left my home and moved up north. So, I guess the answer is a sounding NOPE!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post

Pot meet kettle.

Comment

The meet and greet at TSE will be sit down, but you can choose who you sit with when you arrive. We will do our best to wrangle the guests round the room, but there may not be time for all of them to visit every table. We also can't gaurantee that every guest we have appearing over the weekend will be attending the Meet & Greet. I can gaurantee that you will all get a visit from one of the G4

The seating charts for the main hall are a work in progess. Please don't expect these until early July when the e-tickets will go out.

The cocktail party seating for MTM will be assigned as it is at AT events. Again a work in progress and you never know about those seating assignments until the night!

Auto and Photo ticket details coming soon.

Becks
                G4

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                  The meet and greet at TSE will be sit down, but you can choose who you sit with when you arrive. We will do our best to wrangle the guests round the room, but there may not be time for all of them to visit every table. We also can't gaurantee that every guest we have appearing over the weekend will be attending the Meet & Greet. I can gaurantee that you will all get a visit from one of the G4

The seating charts for the main hall are a work in progess. Please don't expect these until early July when the e-tickets will go out.

The cocktail party seating for MTM will be assigned as it is at AT events. Again a work in progress and you never know about those seating assignments until the night!

Becks
                  G4
                  Yay! *hugs to awesome G4*

On one hand I'm glad to hear that things are moving closer to being ready(ish) ... on the other hand, I can't believe it's coming up so soon! Ack!
                  Spoiler:
                  My current situation as it stands: I have volunteered to switch to the weekend shift, but asked for the Fri/Sat of the long weekend (TSE weekend) off (already have Sun off in lieu of the holiday on Monday). My boss has said that as far as he knows (having discussed the volunteer list with HIS boss, who then took the recommendations to HR), I am switching shifts, and he will guarantee me those two days off in writing. Score, right? This would mean I could be in Vangroovy from the Tuesday prior to the Sat following, theoretically

That being said.... I've rung my handler at the temp agency a few times now, and she still has no word on a shift change. So either my boss' boss changed his mind, someone in HR over-ruled my bosses, or there's a definite lag in communication between HR and the temp agency. Having been burned before when my boss was on one page but HR was on another completely, I'm NOT purchasing any tickets or confirming any accomodations, etc, until I get confirmation from the agency that yes, this IS what is happening. (Last time I was told I was being moved to another shift, and got laid off instead ... sometimes the management we interact with simply don't get told what the heck higher-ups have in the works, sadly.)

Found a seat sale with AirCanada, but I would need to know my dates before Thurs, so doubt I'll be able to take advantage of this one ... here's hoping another deal will come up soon!

Miss y'all terribly ... *hugs thread*
                  ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                  ames on facebook
                  ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

[QUOTE]
                    Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                    The meet and greet at TSE will be sit down, but you can choose who you sit with when you arrive.
                    Excellent, I choose RD!

We will do our best to wrangle the guests round the room,
                    Looking forward to seeing your special guest wrangling skills.

We also can't gaurantee that every guest we have appearing over the weekend will be attending the Meet & Greet.
                    My assumption was that it would only be some of the guests as that is how I understood it usually works.

I can gaurantee that you will all get a visit from one of the G4
                    Worth the price of admission!

Thanks. Good to know. I wasn't trying to pressure you, more starting speculation(it's what we do )

Excellent.

Originally posted by ames View Post
                    Yay! *hugs to awesome G4*

On one hand I'm glad to hear that things are moving closer to being ready(ish) ... on the other hand, I can't believe it's coming up so soon! Ack!
                    Spoiler:
                    My current situation as it stands: I have volunteered to switch to the weekend shift, but asked for the Fri/Sat of the long weekend (TSE weekend) off (already have Sun off in lieu of the holiday on Monday). My boss has said that as far as he knows (having discussed the volunteer list with HIS boss, who then took the recommendations to HR), I am switching shifts, and he will guarantee me those two days off in writing. Score, right? This would mean I could be in Vangroovy from the Tuesday prior to the Sat following, theoretically

That being said.... I've rung my handler at the temp agency a few times now, and she still has no word on a shift change. So either my boss' boss changed his mind, someone in HR over-ruled my bosses, or there's a definite lag in communication between HR and the temp agency. Having been burned before when my boss was on one page but HR was on another completely, I'm NOT purchasing any tickets or confirming any accomodations, etc, until I get confirmation from the agency that yes, this IS what is happening. (Last time I was told I was being moved to another shift, and got laid off instead ... sometimes the management we interact with simply don't get told what the heck higher-ups have in the works, sadly.)

Found a seat sale with AirCanada, but I would need to know my dates before Thurs, so doubt I'll be able to take advantage of this one ... here's hoping another deal will come up soon!

Miss y'all terribly ... *hugs thread*
                    Fingers crossed.

BTW, saw something on the news the other day that made me think of you. Someone was standing in front of a wall that had "Ames" printed all over it.

Comment

[quote=eh-t;11546402]

Btw, saw something on the news the other day that made me think of you. Someone was standing in front of a wall that had "ames" printed all over it.
                      LOL I thought you were going to say you saw someone standing in front of a wall staring at something shiny and it made you think of Ames

Oh stop pouting Ames....told ya before if we didn't pick on you; you'd think we didn't care Good luck with the shift change!
                      sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=JanSam;11546663]
                        Originally posted by eh-t View Post

LOL I thought you were going to say you saw someone standing in front of a wall staring at something shiny and it made you think of Ames

Oh stop pouting Ames....told ya before if we didn't pick on you; you'd think we didn't care Good luck with the shift change!
                        I wasn't pouting Jan, I was grinning, b/c that's where I figured Eh-T'd be going with it too
                        As a friend put it recently, we don't have ADD, we have ADOS (Attention Deficit -- ooh, shiny!)
                        I have news on the shift change ... am waiting to hear back from one of my friends (with a spare couch) to double check dates, and then looking at flights again! Yay! *returns to blithely ignoring certain key familial members who think that this is a frivolous waste of time and financial resources -- silly family, say I!*
                        ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                        ames on facebook
                        ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I think this was the thread that someone said they were wanting to see moose? If not, I apologize for off topic. I think anyone would enjoy this though, even if you have seen them before. http://www.wimp.com/babymoose
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by penjab View Post
                            I think this was the thread that someone said they were wanting to see moose? If not, I apologize for off topic. I think anyone would enjoy this though, even if you have seen them before. http://www.wimp.com/babymoose
                            I have never seen this video before but I have to say that is one of the most beautiful clips I have ever seen. That is nature at it's most best. I love how the mother watched her baby play and then nudged him/her back and then the twin came out to pay - do you know if this clip is on YT? I'd love to show my mum and my kids.
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by penjab View Post

This was the coolest of videos. Thank you for sharing.
                              sigpic

Comment

I know this is not the kitten thread ... but wanted to share. My parents have a mommycat with 5 kittens at home right now (they sometimes take kittens in, when the local shelter is over capacity). This is a pic:

*click for bigger*

There are 5 kittens there and we will get the middle one. The blue/grey/white female kitten. Her name will be "Doortje". Cute eh!?

And to answer Dona's question: my cat has lost its tail because of an accident. He doesn't seem hindered by it at all.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X